Please pray for my brother

My brother Bruce is having many serious health problems and has now sunk into depression. He is feeling alone and lost and is also having a hard time taking care of his kids. Please pray that he finds the strength to continue on for his kids and for himself. He is a good hearted person who deserves to be healthy and happy. Thank you!

Welcome to Catholic Answers Forums! :slight_smile:

It sounds as if your brother could be a single Dad; and to be a single parent can be very lonely and stressful.

Heavenly Father, the single parent has to be all things to the children, and sometimes has no energy or time for anything but work and caring for the children. Please give encouragement and some healthy means for self-time and adult interaction to those struggling to raise their children alone, so that they do not sink into depression or for some, suffer occasional angry outbursts.

Father I ask Your help and love for Bruce, that he can find some safe, worthwhile interest and company to make his own life (and consequently his children’s) more healthy. Father, loneliness for adult companionship, and struggle to provide for the family, can be overwhelming. I ask Your merciful intervention and blessing for Bruce, (and for others in his situation.)

Bless him (and them) in the continuing effort to do the best for the children, but also for their own emotional and mental heath.

Please give Bruce healing and peace.

I make this prayer in the name of Jesus.

***+JMJTJ+

He will be in my prayers for his strength and healing.***

Eternal God, in whom mercy is endless and the treasury of compassion inexhaustible, look kindly upon us, and increase Your mercy in us, so that in difficult moments we might not despair, nor become despondent, but with great confidence, submit ourselves to Your Holy Will, which is Love and Mercy itself. Amen

Praying very hard for Bruce’s happiness!

Dear Lord, please inhabit Your child, Bruce, and grant him Your Spirit of joy and peace. Awaken in him a love for life and a zeal for his family. In Jesus name we pray.

I have remembered your brother in my rosary intentions.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

Prayers promised

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.