Please pray for my close relative. He's Catholic, but thinking of being Methodist

He’s married to one, doesn’t know much about the Faith, and is upset she can’t receive Holy Communion, that there’s no women priests, and the rites and rules (which I can understand, because that disinterests me in watching organized sports as well, though some came out trial and error and unforeseen issues that came up). He feels those things making worship more difficult for him.

Anyway…I’m more matter of fact when I share my Faith. I’m probably too melancholic to say anything useful for one like him, but too phlegmatic to get irritable with him. Inside, I’m irritable at other older people who let us down. I could have prayed more myself, but I’m kind of a broken-down, bitter idealist, who forgot to get God involved enough. I’ve read much, bot my informational way doesn’t work with post-modern man who thinks with his feelings, not bothering to read why something is, and pretends to be rational (I’m not saying he’s like that, but I hear it all the time). I guess, in my Pride, I’ve thrown up my arms with people and felt worthless.

I need prayers and knowledge if anyone is good at crisis counseling, if he should decide to join the other church tomorrow, a number would be good or a webpage, in case Marcus Grodi had one on who complained about the same restrictions and complexity of the Church. As much as I am not a fan of the charismatic renewal thing, I’m thinking maybe they, if orthodox, can present the Faith better than I.

Thanks!

Our Father, who art in Heaven. Hallowed be Thy name. Thy Kingdom come, Thy Will be done, on earth as it is in Heaven. Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass againts us. And lead us not into temptaion, but deliever us from evil. Amen

O Blood and Water, which gushed forth from the heart of Jesus as a Fount of Mercy for us, I Trust In You. Amen

Hail Mary, full of grace. The Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, Pray for us sinners now, and at the hour of our death. Amen

Praying for all involved…

Praying.

Praying…

Our Father, Who art in Heaven, Hallowed be Thy Name, Thy Kingdom Come, Thy Will be done, on Earth as it is in Heaven. Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation but deliver us from evil. Amen.

For the sake of His sorrowful passion.
Have mercy on us and the whole world.

Warmest regards,
Ben

I am praying for you and your relative

Thank you all!

I ask the Holy Spirit to give you the words and the wisdom to say and witness what may help your relative. I’ll keep him and his wife in my prayers

“This…is what I pray before the Father from whom every family, whether spiritual or natural, takes its name: Out of His infinite glory, may He give you the power through His Spirit for your hidden self to grow strong, so that Christ may live in your hearts through faith, and then, planted in love and built on love, you will with all the saints have strength to grasp the breadth and the length, the height and the depth; until, knowing the love of Christ, which is beyond all knowledge, you are filled with the utter fullness of God.”
“Glory be to Him whose power, working in us, can do infinitely more than we can ask or imagine; glory be to Him from generation to generation in the Church and in Christ Jesus for ever and ever. Amen.” [Ephesians 3: 14-21]

Are there any converts or reverts, who had problems with such things as Protestants not receiving Communion, esp. if it’s a loved one, or with the rules, complex rites, etc., here that could talk to him, in case he should say he’s converting at such and such a time? I’m not good at that. We have free long-distance calling with a fixed monthly bill.

Thanks!

Lord, We are Your people,
the sheep of Your flock.
Heal the sheep who are wounded,
Touch the sheep who are in pain,
Clean the sheep who are soiled,
Warm the lambs who are cold.
Help us to know the Father’s love
through Jesus the Shepherd
and through His Spirit.
Help us to lift up that love,
and show it all over this land.
Help us to build love on justice
and justice on love.
Help us to believe mightily,
Hope joyfully,
Love Divinely.
Renew us that we may renew the face of the earth.

Amen

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the Fruit of Thy Womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

Praying!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.