Please pray for my Dad

My Dad Harold is going into Francis House hospice tomorrow (run by the Franciscan Sisters) as he is coming to the end of his Earthly sojourn. He has been suffering congestive heart failure for several years but it is now at the point where nothing more can be done. We have every confidence in the Hospice and its people, but this is a very big step for everyone.

Please pray that he will have the strength to bear his cross, and that our family will hang together and support one another through this difficult time. And add a prayer for my Mama, who is finding it very hard to know what to do. My parents have been married 62 years as of March 2008 and Mama has always depended very much on Dad.

Thank you –
Appleby

Praying for your dad and your mother. Comfort to you.

God bless

Your family is in my prayers. May God bestow great strength upon your mother to deal with this, and for you, as well. And, may your dad be comfortable and at peace.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee…blessed art thou amongst women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the our of our death, Amen.

Heavenly Father please grant that Harold “will have the strength to bear his cross”, and that this “family will hang together and support one another through this difficult time”. Please comfort and bless his loving wife who faces such a painful change after 62 years of marriage.

Let your loving mercy flow into each person in this family.
I ask these things in Jesus’ name

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

+JMJTJ+

Your family will be in my prayers.
May the Holy Family console and strengthen you during this difficult time, and St Joseph assist your Dad at the hour of death.

*Eternal God, in whom mercy is endless and the treasury of compassion inexhaustible, look kindly upon us, and increase Your mercy in us, so that in difficult moments we might not despair, nor become despondent, but with great confidence, submit ourselves to Your Holy Will, which is Love and Mercy itself. Amen

I am praying very hard for your Dad and for the rest of your family. I ask that the Lord will comfort you all and that he will lead your Dad on a peaceful journey home to Him.

Prayer to Saint Joseph for a Happy Death

O Blessed Joseph, you gave your last breath in the loving embrace of Jesus and Mary. When the seal of death shall close my life, come with Jesus and Mary to aid me. Obtain for me this solace for that hour - to die with their holy arms around me. Jesus, Mary and Joseph, I commend my soul, living and dying, into your sacred arms. Amen.

May the Holy Spirit come upon your house and your family and bring you the comfort of God’s healing Grace in this time of stress.

Holy Mother Mary please wrap this dear family in your mantle and bring them the Mercy of your Son, our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

Father please accept the suffering Harold has endured these past years as his purgatory and send your trumpeting angels to sound his home coming into you Kingdom. Please comfort his family left behind on earth, that they may find solace in knowing You are taking care of their loved one.

Thank you Father for hearing all the payers we pray. As always we ask this in the name of your Son, Jesus Christ.

I hope these comfort you and your family in this time of need. I am sorry you have to go through this.

Paul

Hail Mary full of grace the Lord is with thee
Blessed art thou amongst women
Blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus
Holy Mary mother of God
Pray for us sinners now and at the
hour of our death.
AMEN

Praying for your Father, mother, and all of you.

Praying very hard for your family!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.