Please pray for my emo / suicidal friend

His name is John from New York City… He is a good friend of mine since childhood. He has self-confidence issues due to his weight and it seems that he often turns to me for advice and guidance despite the distance via texts and phone calls… However, the bad part about this is that he experiences occasional suicidal fits. There was actually a time that I thought he did it by jumping off the NYC train tracks. He is highly envious of other around him, including me. and feels that he never got the chance to live the life he deserved. Sometimes, I dont want to entertain him… but I also feel pity for him because he does not have that many friends…* I do this as an act of mercy*… As bad as it may sound, I dont want him to bug me anymore and I cant stand his negativity any longer since he often carries that negative aura over to me. He and I are exact opposites and I dont want him to bring me down to his level, as he often does. On my part, this has caused me mental stress as well. He seems more of a liability than a friend and he has also had a big negative impact on my life.

Please pray for him, that the Lord may shine his guiding light upon John… That John can be free of this confidence issue trap and suicidal tendencies once and for all… That he may experience happiness. That John can stop allowing himself to be so consumed by envy, which he fully knows is destructive, and that he can accept God’s will for his life and that he may realize his short (weight) and long term goals.

I know that with prayer… anything can be solved.
God bless and love you all.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death
Amen.

*Lord have mercy on John

Hail Mary full of grace
The Lord is with thee
Blessed art thou among women
And blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus
Holy Mary Mother of God
Pray for us sinners now
And at the hour of our death
Amen*

Our Father…

Hail Mary…

Glory Be…

O Virgin most sorrowful, pray for John and prevent him from suicide. Help us O Mother of God, Mary most holy.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee, blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now, and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Lord, hear our prayer.

Praying hard.

Lord please send Your Holy Spirit into John’s life and help him to live as a true son of the Father.

Pls pray for him. I am losing patience with this man and I am really beggining to regret ever up opening my friendship with him. He is really getting on my nerves and I am beggining to despise him. :mad:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.