Please Pray For My Emotional Healing and a New Beginning

I lost my long-time girlfriend last year due to a really terrible and sudden act of betrayal. She had adult relations with multiple people at the same time one night, without warning. We couldn’t recover from what she had done, we decided, and mutually broke up after two years of seeing one another. Her attitude and behavior afterward were even more hurtful and made someone I had seen as such a wonderful person for two years seem unrecognizable.

It has not yet been a year since this has happened, and I have been struggling. However, with the Lord’s help and the Church’s guidance, I have found great solace and consolation in prayer and the concept of “offering it up” to Christ. Still, I find myself, especially now, with an intense void in my life that she has left, as well as continued pain from the memories of what happened between us, as well as pain from knowing that she got into another serious relationship less than six months after we ended, which she is still in. It doesn’t seem “fair,” I suppose, but I must trust in the Lord.

Please pray that the Lord would grant me another relationship soon, if He wills it, and console me if He does not. Please also pray for my ex-girlfriend, that in her new relationship she would remain faithful and pure, and learn from her mistakes. I would really appreciate your prayers - I feel like I’ve cried rivers about this, and I need prayers to continue to suffer gladly, at the very least.

God Bless You all.

i am sorry for what happened to you. i will keep you in my prayers so Jesus Christ,son of God, our lord may help you bare this pain and that you ex-girlfriend remains pure and doing God’s will.

:gopray: Our Father,
who aren’t in heaven,
hallow be thy name,
thy kingdom come,
thy will be done,
on earth as it is in heaven,
give us this day our daily bread,
and forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us,
and lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil, -amen- :signofcross:

Praying that the Lord will heal these wounds and fill you with His peace.Also praying for your ex-girlfriend.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death.

Amen.

I’m pained to hear your story.
I’m so glad you survived this, but as you indicate, you need more than just survival.
You need inner healing, and to be able to find someone you can trust and who truly loves you with whom to share your life. You need a life where you can flourish.
You show yourself to be a good man, and I wish you the very best.
I will be praying for you, for your healing, and for a new beginning and a lifelong happy relationship.
I commend you to God’s merciful love.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the Fruit of Thy Womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

Thank you very much for your prayers, everyone.

May God bless and comfort you. In the name of The Father, Son and Holy Spirit.

Amen

Thank you for asking I am happy to pray for you. I am sorry for the pain you have suffered. Praying for healing for you, Jesus loves you so much he wants to hold you in his loving arms. Thank you for coming here to share your story. Please take care as best as you can.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death.
Amen.

Praying for your healing and for God to send you someone to love.

Our Father
Hail Mary
Glory Be…

Praying for the both of you
:signofcross:
Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the Fruit of Thy Womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
Amen

I am praying for your intentions.

Mary1173:crossrc::gopray2:

Praying!

Father in the name of Jesus please give need inner healing, and the gift to find someone trustworthy and genuinely loving

Eternal God, in whom mercy is endless,
and the treasury of compassion inexhaustible,
look kindly upon us, and increase Your mercy in us,
that in difficult moments we might not despair, nor become despondent,
but with great confidence submit ourselves to Your holy will, which is love and mercy itself.

Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come. Thy Will be done, on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.
Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners,
now, and at the hour of our death. Amen

St. Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle;
be our safeguard against the wickedness and snares of the devil.
May God rebuke him, we humbly pray.
And do you, O prince of the heavenly host, by the power of God,
cast into hell satan and all the evil spirits who prowl about the world seeking the ruin of souls. Amen.

Hello all,

Thank you for your prayers in this. I continue to do better, with time, and the Lord. However, it is still hard for me, and today I experienced another setback of sorts, when I learned something I should not have learned due to the website “twitter.” I will keep myself from returning to that site, but it has slightly opened up the old wounds. Please pray that the Lord will continue to console me, and give me continued insight and answers into what happened between me and this person I loved, that I may learn from it, and carry it into whatever He wills for me in terms of further matters of the heart.

You are all in my continued prayers, also.

Our Father, Who art in Heaven, hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come.
Thy Will be done, on earth, as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
And forgive us our trespasses,
As we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.
Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now,
Amen.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.