Please pray for my ex-brother-in-law

Hi all. My ex-brother-in-law is in need of some prayers.
He and my twin sister dated for 5 years (both were in the Air Force) and after they broke up (in '09) we found out that they had actually been married (long story).

Anyway, my sister ended things with him while he was away at some training. It completely shattered him and I used to talk to him on the phone and try to help him deal. Somewhere along the way, he felt “betrayed” that I was “siding with my sister”. I wasn’t taking any sides, but at the end of the day my sister is my sister.

I haven’t spoken to him for almost a year but have heard things that make me rather upset. A lot of his friends no longer speak to him because they say he is “out-of-control”, a “mooch”, etc.

He was never a go-getter and always needed a little bit of motivation, but I truly think he might be doing drugs, specifically steroids.

He’s working as a personal trainer and some of his actions (that I’ve heard about) worry me. I lived with he and my sister for awhile so he became family to me, sort of like a brother figure. To hear that he is not making wise decisions is painful to me and I want to ask that you lift him up in your prayers so God can guide him to become good again.

Thank you so much for taking the time to read this and for praying for him.
I truly appreciate it.

Also, I sent him a message today via Facebook just to ask how everything was going for him and to see how he was. I am praying that he doesn’t think I am being devious by doing so. I prayed about contacting him a lot and last night I had a dream that he was losing himself, so I decided to send the message.

I will pray for him!

Praying for him right now.

Hail Mary conceived without sin.
Pray for us who have recourse to thee.

An Our Father, Hail Mary, Glory Be and a Fatima Prayer for your ex-brother-in-law.

Lord, hear our prayers

Amen

Praying for your former brother-in-law …

Thank you all so much for your prayers. I feel much better already knowing that he is being lifted up to God.

Lord, I lift up PolishK’s former brother-in-law to you. I ask you to heal his memories and to give him the strength and courage he needs to persevere in his faith. Please send him help, and help him to recognize his need for You and the Church. Amen.

Our Father, Who art in heaven,
Hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come.
Thy Will be done, on earth as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.
Amen!

Praying.

Sacred Heart of Jesus
I place my trust in Thee

Sacred Heart of Jesus
I place my trust in Thee

Sacred Heart of Jesus
I place my trust in Thee

I’m praying that our Lord Jesus Christ help him and guide him in all that he thinks, does and says.

Sacred Heart of Jesus
I place my trust in Thee

Sacred Heart of Jesus
I place my trust in Thee

Sacred Heart of Jesus
I place my trust in Thee

Hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come.
Amen!

Hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come.
Amen!

Memorare (Prayer to Our Lady)
Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to your protection, implored your help, or sought your intercession, was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto you, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To you do I come, before you I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in your mercy, hear and answer me. Amen

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.