please pray for my family

I want to thank everyone for your prayers in the past cause they really helped me. If you don’t mind could you please say a prayer for my family, there’s so much negativity, sadness, hatred, and anger at home…I can’t take it anymore!! :frowning: everyone is arguing… and it doesn’t seem to stop. I think my family members are just really stressed out but don’t know how to deal with it. It’s breaking my heart cause I see them suffering and the only help I know is God, but I don’t know if they’re reaching out to Him… I want so much for my family to come back to the Sacraments (they’re Eastern Orthodox) - and I pray for this every day but it doesn’t seem to be happening!! Could you please pray that my mom, dad, and grandma would all come to the Sacraments, and open up to God’s love, if that is what they need (I don’t know their hearts but He does) - and that my grandmother would find faith in Christ… I pray and pray and nothing seems to be happening. sigh I don’t know where they all are with God, but sometimes I get afraid cause we never go to church as a family and never pray and there’s so much anger, unforgiveness, etc… it’s actually breaking my heart! I’m a convert to Catholicism and it would be awesome if my family came to Mass with me, but I always hope that at least they’d start attending the Orthodox church, cause it has the Eucharist too.

I don’t know if I’m wrong for worrying about all this… I know that I should worry about my own soul and work out my own salvation, and not presume to know about others. I don’t consider myself “more saved” than my family, or a better person. I honestly don’t know where they are spiritually. But just the fact that my family is away from the Sacraments, and never pray together, only argue - and the comments I sometimes hear about faith and God - all makes me very sad.

My mom especially is trying to deal with soo many things, and very difficult situations, but she’s trying to do it on her own, and it’s making her depressed and stressed out… I know that God can help and encourage her…

thanks soo much

God bless!!

Don’t question whether your prayers are valued because they are. It doesn’t matter that you don’t think you see immediate results because the Lord does hear your prayers and they are answered. Trust the Lord because He is faithful even when we are not.
Consider how your prayers are making a road upon which the Lord will lead your family to Himself and how they are a light in the darkness.
Be encouraged and be blessed,
In Jesus name.

O Christ Jesus,
when all is darkness
and we feel our weakness and helplessness,
give us the sense of Your presence,
Your love, and Your strength.
Help us to have perfect trust
in Your protecting love
and strengthening power,
so that nothing may frighten or worry us,
for, living close to You,
we shall see Your hand,
Your purpose, Your will through all things.

Amen.

Dear Lord i humbly ask You to help Your daughter Monica and guide her to help all her family back to You.Please Lord in Your mercy hear our prayers.Amen.

Praying for your family.

Loving God,

We offer this prayer for the intentions of Monica and her family, in accordance with your Holy and perfect will:

PRAYER FOR
CHRISTIAN FAMILIES

(By Pope Pius XII)

O Lord, God of goodness and mercy,
Who in the midst of an evil and sinful world
hast presented to the society of the redeemed
the Holy Family of Nazareth
as a spotless mirror of piety, justice and love,
behold how the family is being undermined on all sides,
every effort being made to desecrate it
by stripping it of faith, religion and morals.

Regard the work of Thy own hands.
Safeguard in our homes the domestic virtues,
for these alone will ensure us harmony and peace.

Come and stir up the champions of the family.
Bestir the modern apostles so that in Thy Name,
bearing the message of Jesus Christ
and exhibiting holiness of life,
they may revive the doctrines of conjugal fidelity for married couples,
the exercise of authority by parents,
obedience on the part of children
and modesty on the part of girls.
Grant also through the efforts of these apostles,
that the home favored by Thee with many blessings
may again become an object of esteem and love
in the minds and hearts of all.

It is through the examples of the Divine model of Nazareth
that the Christian family is to be restored in Jesus Christ
and to recover its former respect and dignity.
Then every home will again become a sanctuary
and in every household will be rekindled the flame of faith
to teach patience in adversity
and moderation in prosperity
and to promote order, peace and harmony in all things.

Under Thy paternal gaze, O Lord,
and with confidence in Thy Providence
and in the loving patronage of Jesus, Mary and Joseph,
the family will become a sanctuary of virtue
and a school of wisdom.
It shall prove, as Christ has promised,
a haven of rest against life’s burdens.
In the sight of the world it shall render glory to Thee, O Father,
and to Thy Son, Jesus, until the day when,
through Him, we shall, together with all His members,
sing the Divine praises in the eternal ages to come.

Amen.

Our Father, which art in Heaven
Hollowed be thy name
Thy kingdom come, thy will be done
On earth as it is in Heaven

Give us this day, our daily bread
And forgive us our trespasses
As we forgive those who trespass against us

Lead us not into temptation
But deliver us from evil

Amen

Our Father, Who art in Heaven, hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come.
Thy Will be done, on earth, as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
Forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son and to the Holy Spirit,
as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be world without end. Amen

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now,
and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Saint Paul and conversion

Saul of Tarsus, implacable enemy of apostle and Church, who became zealous Christian and writer of biblical epistles, intercede for radical conversion in all who are presently disinterested or hostile.

Paul, you showed courage of conviction even before you became a zealous apostle of the Kingdom. Please pray that we will be similarly committed. However, please obtain that we will not support any cause that is not sanctioned by the loving will of God.

God granted you conversion to Christian faith. He chose you as a great apostle of the early Church, and through your writing gave precious insights into religious truth.
You, who turned aside from your treasured convictions to follow Jesus and His commands, please intercede for our courage to undertake radical ongoing conversion.

Pray that we also may accept whatever risks or ridicule ensues as we follow and teach the truth.

You taught and exhorted, you endured persecution and personal weakness. You suffered from the error and tepidity of others. You longed for death to unite you with God, but you willed to live in order to serve. Paul, pray that we also shall be true apostles of Christ. 1999

Apostles, pray for our restoration and faith

Dear Apostles of Jesus, many of us experience crucifixion in our lives and in the lives of dear ones, as you did. Please pray for us and guide us, so that if loss and pain engulfs others’ lives or our own, we will continue to pray and evangelise.

You were His chosen companions. Your hearts were broken and your lives shattered by the terrible betrayal and death of your great hope Jesus. He had preached love and faith; He had preached the Kingdom to which He claimed all persons are called. Defeated and disgraced with no more honour than the vilest criminal, He was tortured, executed and buried.

His words and acts now meant nothing, as all of you—except John—scattered and hid to avoid a similar fate. Disillusioned, you wondered if the last few years were a shameful mistake. Were you betrayed by your discipleship to this condemned man?

Poor men, how could you reconcile the terrible events of this Passover with the Son of God, the Saviour whom you had believed Jesus to be! How could this disgrace, loss, and failure be the end to which He, and possibly yourselves, could be destined!

Peter, you, His appointed one, denied even an acquaintanceship with Him. How great your shock and your disillusionment when the full realisation of your perfidy assailed you!
Only John returned to stand beneath the cross with the grieving women. Beloved John! Shaking with grief and shock, you stood there, gutted by the unbelievable tragedy unfolding before you. Faith and love supported you, yet did you not experience the same terrible emptiness and loss as your fellow apostles and other disciples?

Dear Apostles, throughout the ages, countless individuals experience in some way the crucifixion of a loved one, or of themselves, and the consequent challenge to hope and faith. They may feel emptiness, or loss of zeal. They may lose all trust in the living, merciful God.

Pray for them, for us, that in such periods we may be faithful, regardless of broken heart and anguish of spirit. Pray that we may be restored to hope, to trust, to prayer, to active service of love in the Kingdom. Intercede for such resurrection in us. Implore the Holy Spirit to come and restore our spirits, making us true apostles of Jesus. Pray that we become evangelists, enabling the Spirit to draw others into the Kingdom of God.

Thank you, Apostles of Jesus, whose weaknesses mirror our weakness, and whose restored faith, zeal, and courage, inspire us. Pray for us who are your sisters and brothers throughout the ages. Share your blessings with us. Pray that we shall receive in fullness those precious gifts of His love that He longs for us to share and distribute.

Obtain that we honour and delight our God with all heart and strength. Then, when at last our souls rise to join yours, we shall enjoy eternity at your side, honouring and loving the great Son of God, whom we once betrayed out of our fear and selfishness. 1999

The prophets intercede with God for their people

Our God, I emulate Moses and Abraham in praying for my dear ones, for the Church, for priests, and for numerous others throughout the world, whether or not followers of Jesus or members of His Church.

This temporal world obscures the spiritual world, thus many good people sincerely do not believe in You. Life is complex and challenging, as the people of Abraham and Moses knew. They turned aside from a God who seemed unresponsive to some of their genuine needs for security and progress. A natural human response is to move away from pain of hope in God and religion. The Jews desired a manageable, tangible God, as even do some of Your modern followers.

When You sent Moses back to the people, determined to bring Your wrath against them for displacing their God and Rescuer with a statue, Moses argued with You to spare them. Moses, scripture tells us, was ‘the humblest man on earth’, yet he won in the argument for mercy, and Your wrath therefore did not come against his people. They remained the chosen people of God.

Like Moses and Abraham, I humbly bargain for the eternal happiness of my dear ones, and of all benevolent unbelievers. In their sincere choices to be considerate in the relationships and events of their lives, they effectively choose to stand with the sheep at the last judgement—that yardstick by which Jesus, Your beloved Son, measures charity. I plead the judgement story of Jesus for my dear ones and for all unbelievers who offer kindness to others.

Bless and flood them with Your love, goodness and truth. Bring them to love and worship You. Let them merit a final judgement with the ‘good sheep’. Transform them into the image of Christ, following His path. Restore anyone whom they have wounded or failed. Grant that they live the Gospel in love and forgiveness.

Thank You for the beauty and goodness in the lives of my dear ones and of all persons. Thank You for the love and service they give others and therefore Yourself, even where they are unconscious of this union in Your love. March 2005

Suffering of loved ones

God, please alleviate the trials and sufferings of dear ones when we are unable to relieve their difficulties or when our efforts to assist prove unwise.

Continue to bless our loved ones if they abandon relationship with You or drift from the Church that Jesus instituted for our benefit and for worship of God. Bless their sorrowing parents, for we tried to teach and support them, and continue to pray for them.

We are grieved when their relationships and welfare are threatened. In this era, perhaps the most eroding factor in their lives and relationships is stress or addictions. Many issues assail them and they are required to work with extraordinary dedication to survive.

They may have little leisure to blossom into all they are created to be and to share.
Sometimes difficulties escalate even as we pray and hope. Our anxiety for loved ones sometimes seems unendurable, testing our trust in God. Please deepen our relationship with You in these trials of the heart.

Our God, in Your merciful love please carry our families through their labours, their leisure, their joys and trials. Let their relationships and lives flourish in love, faith, and peace. We consecrate our dear ones and ourselves to Your divine mercy, trusting You to work out their salvation. If they are unable to return to You sooner, let their final choice be for Your merciful love. Thank You for Your care of them, even where it is not manifest. 1999

Loving God,

We offer this prayer for the intentions of Monica and her family, in accordance with your Holy and perfect will:

PRAYER FOR
CHRISTIAN FAMILIES

(By Pope Pius XII)

O Lord, God of goodness and mercy,
Who in the midst of an evil and sinful world
hast presented to the society of the redeemed
the Holy Family of Nazareth
as a spotless mirror of piety, justice and love,
behold how the family is being undermined on all sides,
every effort being made to desecrate it
by stripping it of faith, religion and morals.

Regard the work of Thy own hands.
Safeguard in our homes the domestic virtues,
for these alone will ensure us harmony and peace.

Come and stir up the champions of the family.
Bestir the modern apostles so that in Thy Name,
bearing the message of Jesus Christ
and exhibiting holiness of life,
they may revive the doctrines of conjugal fidelity for married couples,
the exercise of authority by parents,
obedience on the part of children
and modesty on the part of girls.
Grant also through the efforts of these apostles,
that the home favored by Thee with many blessings
may again become an object of esteem and love
in the minds and hearts of all.

It is through the examples of the Divine model of Nazareth
that the Christian family is to be restored in Jesus Christ
and to recover its former respect and dignity.
Then every home will again become a sanctuary
and in every household will be rekindled the flame of faith
to teach patience in adversity
and moderation in prosperity
and to promote order, peace and harmony in all things.

Under Thy paternal gaze, O Lord,
and with confidence in Thy Providence
and in the loving patronage of Jesus, Mary and Joseph,
the family will become a sanctuary of virtue
and a school of wisdom.
It shall prove, as Christ has promised,
a haven of rest against life’s burdens.
In the sight of the world it shall render glory to Thee, O Father,
and to Thy Son, Jesus, until the day when,
through Him, we shall, together with all His members,
sing the Divine praises in the eternal ages to come.

Amen.

Praying for your family’s return to faith …

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the Fruit Of Thy Womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

thank you soo much everyone!!! :slight_smile:

oki a MIRACLE happened yesterday :smiley: i am serious!!

I never expected anything like this. See for the past several months, there seemed to be so much opposition to anything “religious” here at home. So often, if the topic would come up, an argument would happen. Eventually I started to avoid it altogether. It would be especially bad if Church or the Sacraments were mentioned.

But yesterday, when I came from Mass, I found my mom reading a little booklet on the Eucharist I gave her, and later we had a really good conversation about it, and she even expressed an interest in going to church for Confession and Communion!! I’m was soo surprised!!! praise God!! could you please keep on praying that this would actually happen, hopefully soon, and the enemy wouldn’t step in again and prevent it.

Also God has given me a lot of peace and greater confidence in Him, and I can pray with more trust now. I feel like He wants me to be really patient and non judgemental (and humble!) with my family and love them as much as I can, especially through my actions.

I felt like this was a gift from Our Lady because yesterday I did the Total Consecration to Jesus through Mary. :slight_smile:

Our Lord is so merciful! I really prayed for this at 3 pm yesterday. (the hour of mercy)

I’m so grateful for all your prayers!!

God bless!!

Thy Kingdom come.

Continued prayers.

Thy Kingdom come.

Wonderful!

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the Fruit Of Thy Womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

Praying hard.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.