please pray for my family

Good evening. I am writing this because my family is in of prayers. A couple of months ago I got into some trouble with the law and I have asked my family to help me get out of the situation. I am also unemployed (actively seeking work) and will be starting probation soon. However the past 2-3 years have been really hard in the relationship between my father and I. Seems regardless of what I do or say doesn't satisfy his needs, even if I have significant evidence to prove my point. In addition my father has this crazy way of wanting things done and expects me to do things that I believe is unethical or is irrelevant. This can be things such as conflicting thoughts on getting my Buick back up and running (he wanted to spend a ton of money to get the engine replaced when all there was wrong was the head gasket). I've even shown him e-mails I received from places I put in applications for employement but they hired someone else and for some reason he thinks I'm not trying "hard enough". I've had some bad thoughts concerning this issue but know if I did something wrong there would be bad consequences and I pray that God will give me strength to get through this. I pray that my father will finally get some common sense knocked into his head.

Loving Jesus, we put into your hands texasmavs and his/her family. We thank you that he has a home and for his work on getting his life back into order, and we thank you for his faith. Bless his time with his father, and help them to see the best in each other.

Hail Mary, ...

St Joseph, pray for us

Praying for you from today's Liturgy of the Hours:

O God,
who grant us
by glorious healing remedies while still on earth
to be partakers of the things of heaven,
guide us, we pray,
through this present life
and bring us to that light in which you dwell.
Through our Lord Jesus Christ, your Son,
who lives and reigns with you in the unity of the Holy Spirit,
one God, for ever and ever.
– Amen.

May the Lord bless us,
protect us from all evil and bring us to everlasting life.
– Amen.

Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy name. Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done, on earth, as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us, and lead us not into temptation but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Hail Mary full of grace, The Lord is with thee, blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus. Holy Mary, mother of God, pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help, or sought thine intercession was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto thee, O Virgin of virgins, my mother; to thee do I come, before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in thy mercy hear and answer me.

Amen.

texasmavs1985... first of all, God bless you, and allow me to express my sympathies for the trials you are enduring at this time. Also, God bless you for reaching out to your brothers and sisters in Christ for prayer-- you are doing the right thing! One thing, however: I'm not sure what you are referring to, specifically, when you say that you are having "bad thoughts concerning this issue" ... I'm not sure how that specifically pertains to your father, but it was troubling to read. I don't know your specific situation of course, and the dynamic of your relationship with him, but I do know that a lot of fathers walk away from their children over matters and inconveniences far more trivial than what you face today. Regardless of whether or not you think his methods and means are fair to you and the work that you've put in toward getting your life straightened out, it would seem that he should be worthy of your respect and admiration at this time-- if nothing but for the simple fact that he's at least trying (as best he knows how) to help you, and he's standing by you! I can imagine that he bears your frustrations and trials personally, as your father, and that those may be manifesting themselves in your relationship right now. But shoot, give the guy a break! At least he hasn't thrown in the towel on you! Many people don't have that support from their fathers, however imperfect. A few biblical quotes that I humbly submit to you for your prayerful reflection:

"Honor your father and your mother, that you may have a long life in the land which the LORD, your God, is giving you." Exodus 20:12

"The discipline of the LORD, my son, disdain not; spurn not his reproof; for whom the LORD loves he reproves, and he chastises the son he favors" Proverbs 3:11-12

"Listen to your father who begot you, and despise not your mother when she is old." Proverbs 23:22

"Endure your trials as 'discipline'; God treats you as sons. For what "son" is there whom his father does not discipline? If you are without discipline, in which all have shared, you are not sons but bastards. Besides this, we have had our earthly fathers to discipline us, and we respected them. Should we not (then) submit all the more to the Father of spirits and live?" Hebrews 12:7-9

Dear Lord, I ask that you intercede on behalf of a son that you love so much, texasmavs1985, that he would be strengthened during this period of struggle as he strives to put his life back in order. I ask that you show your mercy upon him, that you would help him find work, that you would give him the courage and humility necessary in his relationships with loved ones. Please help him, in particular, with his father. Please also help him fulfill the terms of his probation so that he will be allowed to put his missteps behind him. Please reward the faith he has placed in you, our Lord Jesus Christ, as evidence by his prayer requests of his brothers and sisters on this forum, and may all necessary graces, financial and employment assistance, and peace be bestowed upon him-- both now and in the future. May he grow as a servant and disciple during this period of trial. May his struggles be united to your suffering on the cross, where you shed your blood for all of our sins as the unblemished Lamb of God. In your holy and beautiful name I pray, Amen!

God bless you, texasmavs1985!! Stay strong, brother. It will get better. God be with you, always!

Lord, please help texasmavs to carry his/her cross courageously, patiently and lovingly. Grant him/her strength, peace, the deepest faith, surrender to your holy will and abandonment to your divine providence. Please meet his/her spiritual and temporal needs and lead him/her to the right job. Please help him/her to get along with his/her father, as difficult as things might be between the two of them. May he/she be Christ to his father, and his father to him/her. Help them both to love and respect each other. May they center their lives on you and not let anything separate themselves from you. Please help your son/daughter texasmavs to live a blessed, joyful, fruitful life. Mother Mary, shower down graces on him/her and intercede for his/her wellbeing. Amen.

Praying for your intentions….

Lord Jesus, You have said, "Learn from me, for I am meek and humble of heart." With confidence in Your loving heart which offers rest to weary souls, we come to You in this time of special need. In Your unfailing love, read the prayer that is written on our hearts, and grant the grace that we ask of You, in accordance with Your holy will. In Your name we pray. Amen.

Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help, and sought thy intercession, was left unaided. Inspired with this confidence, I fly unto thee, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother, to thee I come, before thee I stand sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate! Despise not my petitions, but, in thy mercy, hear and answer me. Amen.

Praying.

[quote="texasmavs1985, post:1, topic:276756"]
Good evening. I am writing this because my family is in of prayers. A couple of months ago I got into some trouble with the law and I have asked my family to help me get out of the situation. I am also unemployed (actively seeking work) and will be starting probation soon. However the past 2-3 years have been really hard in the relationship between my father and I. Seems regardless of what I do or say doesn't satisfy his needs, even if I have significant evidence to prove my point. In addition my father has this crazy way of wanting things done and expects me to do things that I believe is unethical or is irrelevant. This can be things such as conflicting thoughts on getting my Buick back up and running (he wanted to spend a ton of money to get the engine replaced when all there was wrong was the head gasket). I've even shown him e-mails I received from places I put in applications for employement but they hired someone else and for some reason he thinks I'm not trying "hard enough". I've had some bad thoughts concerning this issue but know if I did something wrong there would be bad consequences and I pray that God will give me strength to get through this. I pray that my father will finally get some common sense knocked into his head.

[/quote]

Praying for your intentions….

Lord Jesus, You have said, "Learn from me, for I am meek and humble of heart." With confidence in Your loving heart which offers rest to weary souls, we come to You in this time of special need. In Your unfailing love, read the prayer that is written on our hearts, and grant the grace that we ask of You, in accordance with Your holy will. In Your name we pray. Amen.

Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help, and sought thy intercession, was left unaided. Inspired with this confidence, I fly unto thee, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother, to thee I come, before thee I stand sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate! Despise not my petitions, but, in thy mercy, hear and answer me. Amen.

Mama Mary please help Texasmavs in his predicaments and protect their family always from all dangers. Amen...

Thank you Mother...

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.