Please pray for my father.

Given my lapsed status in the Church, I feel a little awkward asking active Catholics to do this, but if you could, please say a prayer for my father.

Since his heart attack, he suffers from severe depression, especially in the autumn months, in addition to chronic pain. He’s on medication for both, but there’s limits to what man can do so I feel right now the only thing I can do is turn to a high power in the matter.

It’s painful, at times, as I’m currently his primary caregiver and there’s little I can do to help him.

Thank you.

~No One.

Hail Mary, Full of Grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou amongst women,
and blest is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.

Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.

Amen.

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.

Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread.

And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.

And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.

Amen.

Lord, please hear the cry of this soul asking for merciful help. Touch this father with your divine, healing hand, remedying all his afflictions, physical or spiritual. Send “Simons” to help this child to exhibit love to this father, to bear this cross of giving of oneself, just as you had Simon help you carry your cross to Calvary. Grant this child all graces to cope with anything that comes from this matter. Especially cultivate in this soul joy, faith, hope, love, joy, fortitude, and patience. Send angels to minister to this cause. Lead both of these souls and all they encounter toward the eternal garden of joy, now, unto eternity. Have mercy, Lord. Our Lady, angels, and saints, pray with us. Amen.

LORD Jesus
Heal ur Son.

Loving God,

We lift our prayers and intentions for NoOne’s father and we ask for your mercy, healing, and peace in the life of this man, in accordance with your Holy and perfect will. Please bless dear father, help him in his pain, both mental and physical, and grant him strong faith in your divine providence. Please also bless NoOne who cares for dear father, and grant courage and strength to NoOne during this time. Lord, we hope all involved will draw closer to you and your Church as they continue their journey of life here on Earth.

We pray in the name of your beloved son Jesus, the Good Shepherd of your people.

Amen.

Dear Lord please abundantly bless this father and his attentive child, and give healing, hope, and strength to them both.

You are not "no one" but a precious friend and fellow Catholic whom we do not yet know.
My husband suffers both from pain and depression and I understand a little of what you face. Yes, there are only 'band-aid' things you can do for your Dad, but you are giving him your love and care which means more than he perhaps is able to realize. It took a long time but my husband does appreciate my care and kindness, and while I cannot lift those burdens for him, I do make a little difference, and I believe that you do. What greater gift than your love and faithfulness. 

Jesus showed the importance of practical care and kindness to those who need our love and care when He described how He judges souls (Matthew 25 verses 31-46) by their acts of practical kindness. I ask Jesus to lead you deeper into His life, but you are living His command to love others (your Dad) in a practical way, even at cost to your strength and happiness.

My dearest Dad suffered a great deal of pain in his last year, bone cancer. He wasn't ill when I wrote and framed these words, but during his illness he kept these word printed and framed, on his desk:
"Dearest Dad, the last stretch of Jesus' life was so hard. He was stripped of so much. When you meet Jesus you will see that God has made you more like Jesus than you could imagine. Those final touches are the most difficult. I pray for you every day as God puts the last touches to His gracious masterpiece." 

It hurts me when I remember what Dad suffered. You are still faced with your Dad's daily suffering. It's so hard to be almost helpless, and not able to cheer your Dad, but he is blessed to have you. Don't underestimate the treasure you are for him just because at this time in his life he can't see it or respond to you in a way that gives him joy and peace.

May God surround you and your Dad with His Angels. May God's loving will be fulfilled in your hearts and lives.

praying!

Praying an Our Father and a Hail Mary for you and your father…

Hail Mary, Full of Grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou amongst women,
and blest is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now
Amen

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death
Amen.

St. Jude, pray for him!

Praying for you and your dad.

Lord, have mercy on us.
Christ have mercy on us.
Lord, have mercy on us.
Christ hear us.
Christ, graciously hear us.
God the Father of Heaven,
Have mercy on us.
God the Son, Redeemer of the world,
Have mercy on us.
God the Holy Spirit,
Have mercy on us.
Holy Trinity, One God,
Have mercy on us.
Holy Mary, Queen of Angels, pray for us.
Saint Raphael, pray for us.
Saint Raphael, filled with the mercy of God, etc.
Saint Raphael, perfect adorer of the Divine Word,
Saint Raphael, terror of demons,
Saint Raphael, exterminator of vices,
Saint Raphael, health of the sick,
Saint Raphael, our refuge in all our trials,
Saint Raphael, guide of travelers,
Saint Raphael, consoler of prisoners,
Saint Raphael, joy of the sorrowful,
Saint Raphael, filled with zeal for the salvation of souls,
Saint Raphael, whose name means God heals,
Saint Raphael, lover of chastity,
Saint Raphael, scourge of demons,
Saint Raphael, in pestilence, famine and war,
Saint Raphael, angel of peace and prosperity,
Saint Raphael, endowed with the grace of healing,
Saint Raphael, sure guide in the paths of virtue and sanctification,
Saint Raphael, help of all those who implore your assistance,
Saint Raphael, who was the guide and consolation of Tobias on his journey,
Saint Raphael, whom the Scriptures praise: Raphael, the holy angel of the Lord, was sent to cure,
Saint Raphael, our advocate,
Lamb of God, Who takes away the sins of the world,
Spare us, O Lord.
Graciously hear us, O Lord.
Have mercy on us.
Christ, hear us.
Christ, graciously hear us.
Pray for us, Saint Raphael, to the Lord Our God,
That we may be made worthy of the promises of Christ
Lord, Jesus Christ, by the prayer of the Archangel Raphael, grant us the grace to avoid all sin and to persevere in every good work until we reach our heavenly destination, You Who lives and reigns world without end. Amen.

O Most Blessed Mother, heart of love, heart of mercy, ever listening, caring, consoling, hear our prayer.
As your children, we implore your intercession with Jesus your Son.
Receive with understanding and compassion the petitions we place before you today,
especially xNoOnex’s father.

We are comforted in knowing your heart is ever open to those who ask for your prayer.
We trust to your gentle care and intercession, those whom we love and who are sick or lonely or hurting.
Help all of us, Holy Mother, to bear our burdens in this life until we may share eternal life and peace with God forever. Amen. †

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
Amen.

***Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death
Amen.

:crossrc:***

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.

Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.

Amen.

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.

Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread.

And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.

And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.

Amen.

Loving God,

We lift our prayers and intentions for NoOne’s father and we ask for your mercy, healing, and peace in the life of this man, in accordance with your Holy and perfect will. Please bless dear father, help him in his pain, both mental and physical, and grant him strong faith in your divine providence. Please also bless NoOne who cares for dear father, and grant courage and strength to NoOne during this time. Lord, we hope all involved will draw closer to you and your Church as they continue their journey of life here on Earth.

We pray in the name of your beloved son Jesus, the Good Shepherd of your people.

Amen.

Merciful God,
we remember before You all who are sick this day.
Give them courage to live with their disease.
Help them to face and overcome their fears.
Be with them when they are alone or rejected.
Comfort them when they are discouraged.
And touch them with Your healing Spirit that
they may find and possess eternal life, now and forever.
Amen.

I’d just like to thank you all for your prayers. At the very least, it does something for me.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.