Please pray for my friend and I

hello everyone
once again I am asking for your prayers. As many of you know a good friend of mine returned from Turkey two weeks ago. For some unknown reason he will not talk to me at all. I cannot get him to respond to me at all in English or Turkish (he’s been teaching me Turkish for the past year). This is very unusual and not normal at all and as far as I know I’ve done nothing to upset him that I am aware of. I know he’s okay because he has been communicating with other friends but not me. This experience is very painful for me because as some of you know my former friend did something very similar to this three years ago instead of ending the friendship outright he simply quit communicating with me and took me a few years to find out what was really going on. I fear that’s what’s happening here. It feels like déjà vu and with everything else happening in my life right now I am just devastated right now. Please pray for my friend and I and that I will have the strength to accept God’s will whatever it may be. His name is Benjamin.
Thank you

Oh Aydan, I’m so sorry you’re going through this.
I ask You, Jesus to please give Aydan the wonderful, warm and faithful friendships that will make life richer, rather than any who do not value and support Your Aydan in good times and difficult times.
Please comfort Aydan’s heart, and please help with all the worries that beset Aydan.
Please heal what needs to be healed. Jesus, please hear our prayers.

Praying for your friendship.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
And blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
Pray for us sinners now
And at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Praying for you and your friend that all works out and you’ll have good communication again.

Praying for you and Benjamin. Praying that it will all work out and this friendship if there is anything going on, will be restored and healing taking place. Praying for your heart as I know it is breaking terribly now.

*Our Father, who art in Heaven,
hallowed be thy name.
Thy kingdom come,
thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
and forgive us our trespasses
as we forgive those who trespass against us,
and lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.
Amen

Hail Mary full of grace the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou amongst women
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus
Holy Mary, Mother of God
pray for us sinners now
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.*

It might be something that scaried him away from Catholics. Pray and hope, and look to Jesus, who Himself was abandoned by His friends when He needed them the most.

Praying!

well I can tell you for sure that did not happen because he’s Catholic himself.Aside from that he survived a tour of duty in Iraq so I don’t think there are very many things that could scare him away from something. It’s highly unlikely that his army buddies would ever abandon him and I couldn’t tell for sure he’s been communicating with his battle buddies. As far as I can tell I’m the only one that he has not been communicating with. Please continue to pray for him.

I found out last night that they’re going to start offering Turkish classes in my city in February. Normally this would be great news I had been saving up money in anticipation of this very event but right before Thanksgiving my computer broke down. I have a computer that was specially built for me and my needs and I have adaptive equipment as well that I require because of my disability. All the money that I saved up for the classes I had to use to fix my computer because without my computer I am unable to communicate because I cannot write without my computer. So now I’m really devastated because not only is my friend not speaking to me now I cannot afford to take the Turkish classes I have been waiting more than a year for. But even if I could afford them I also recently found out that my disability is going to prevent me from ever having the ability to speak Turkish. Without my friend I don’t even have someone to practice with anymore. The words devastated and heartbroken cannot even describe how I feel right now. Please pay for me…

Well I have both good news and bad news. The good news is God has blessed me with the financial resources to take the Turkish classes and I start tomorrow.
The bad news is that my personal life keeps getting worse and worse. Now in addition to everything else another one of my uncles lost his job. My friend Benjamin still refuses to talk to me at all and that situation has gotten much worse as well.
There’s a Turk I know that would like to meet Benjamin since he speaks Turkish because the Turk is pretty isolated over here people don’t make it very easy for him plus his English is good but he still faces a language barrier and he just misses being able to speak Turkish.
Ever since I’ve known him that is what Benjamin has done is help people especially Turks in situations like this but when I contacted him on behalf of this gentleman he still refuses to respond or even acknowledge me even after I told him it had nothing to do with me that it was this Turk that was asking for his help. Even after that Benjamin still refused to talk or even acknowledge my message to him. I can understand if he’s angry with me him not talking to me but I would never have thought that he would refuse to help someone asking for his help. This is not the friend I have known for the past three years. I cannot believe he would do something like this I do not know this person that he has become. I am heartbroken I cannot tell you how devastation I am right now. I don’t even know if I should take the Turkish classes or not and I don’t know if I’m doing what God wants me to do I feel as though I’m losing my faith I cannot describe you how much pain I’m in right now. Please pray for me I really need your prayers right now and I think Benjamin needs them even more than I do right now.
Thank you

Aydan, I am praying for you and Benjamin that your lines of communication open. Lord, hear this prayer.

Praying that you don’t lose faith and that God heals the barrier between you and your friend.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the Fruit of Thy Womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
Amen

well I finally heard from my friend it has left me with more questions than answers. Three days ago he contacted me out of the blue because he needed my help. So I helped him with his problem but when I asked why he hasn’t spoken to me for so long and why he hadn’t been helping me with my Turkish he did not respond and gave me no kind of explanation for his actions but I could tell from what little contact I had with him he’s having a rough time so please continue to pray for him. Thank you for all the prayers and support.

Our Father, who art in Heaven,
hallowed be thy name.
Thy kingdom come,
thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
and forgive us our trespasses
as we forgive those who trespass against us,
and lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.
Amen

*Hail Mary full of grace the Lord is with thee. *
*Blessed art thou amongst women *
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus
*Holy Mary, Mother of God *
*pray for us sinners now *
*and at the hour of our death. *
Amen.

I just heard from my friend and I finally know why he hasn’t been talking me. It’s not because he’s ignoring me on purpose and he’s not angry at me either. I did not realize this but he’s actually in one of those duel degree programs where you get your bachelor’s degree and a law degree at the same time. And he has a bunch of other commitments as well so it’s not that he does not want to help me with my Turkish he just doesn’t have time right now and now I understand why! Please continue to pray for him so that he will not become too overwhelmed over the next two months and that he will graduate with both degrees so he can go on and achieve his career goals.
Thank you God for healing our friendship and for everyone here. Amen
Thank you everyone for praying for us!

Aydan, I’ll be praying for you and all your intentions…:gopray2:

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Hail Mary, Full of Grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst women, and Blessed is the Fruit of Thy Womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now, and at the hour of our death. Amen.

I’m glad to hear that you are getting along well with your friend.

Here’s a prayer I’m saying for you both to remain good friends.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the Fruit of Thy Womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
Amen

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.