Please pray for my friend

My friend Jessica is visually impaired and suffers from depression, to the point where she’s thought about cutting herself and is not allowed to be alone. She’s in a bad situation with her roommates at the moment (which caused her to want to cut herself) and has therefore been staying at our mutual friend, Michelle’s house for a week tonight. She has been spending her time with the two of us more often than not and both of us are kind of tired of it. She’s a wonderful person but I can’t focus on my homework because of how tired I am and in all honesty feels more like babysitting than hanging out with a good friend… not to mention she buys us stuff all the time and it feels like she’s buying our friendship or like she’s trying to… neither of us have the heart to tell Jess that we need some time alone because I don’t think that Michelle has had a period of time in the last week that has not been with her, at work, or in class.
I’m not as put upon but at times it’s like every ten minutes she has to do something else… there is no time for quiet or for just being it is always doing something… She is moving out of her dorm and off campus and has therefore been dragging us from one Goodwill to another and from Target to Wal Mart and back again and constantly offering to buy me food despite the fact that she needs to keep hold of as much money as she can because of the move.
She’s not moving far off campus, but enough that she doesn’t have a lot of the supports that she has on campus. She cannot cook, clean, or even take her guide dog out by herself if she’s in an area she isn’t used to… granted that her vision impairs much of this but what I ask for you to pray for is that she is able to learn this successfully, and that she ends up being quite successful at living on her own. I want her to grow as a person and I don’t want her to give up in this enterprise, as tired as I may be helping her I want her to succeed in this to become less dependent on other people. I also pray for her to be relieved of her depression which is trying in and of itself upon both Michelle and myself. I also want to ask prayers for her as she goes through the process of RCIA this upcoming school year and as she applies for graduate school. Thank you for your prayers and praise the Lord that I have a friend in her!

Hopeful,
You are a true friend. Your sincerity is refreshing! Jessica definately needs help, I should think both spiritually and medically. Let us pray:

Almighthy God, I bring before you your daughter Jessica. She is visually impaired and this has caused onslaught of depression. Father, at the moment her only hope are her friends, Michelle and Hopeful, who have done their best to help, still willing to help, but are tiring of such onerous responsibility. Almighty God, Please go to Jessica’s aid at this moment, touch her inwardly so she will find peace even in the midst of her crisis. Give her profound peace that will help her face this challenge with calmness,give her hope to look up to you as the answer to all things, Heavenly Father, give her the strength to be able to face the rest of the world in spite of this predicament and lead a wholesome life. Father be her friend, her companion, let her find renewed purpose in life, at the end of the day, all glory and honour and praise be yours almighty father, forever and ever, Amen.

Shalom!
Odopa.

Our Father, Who art in heaven,
Hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come.
Thy Will be done, on earth as it is in Heaven. Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil. Amen.

St. Dymphna, holy patron of those with mental illnesses, please pray for Jessica. :crossrc:

Hail Mary, full of grace. The Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death. Amen. :crossrc:

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be Thy name. Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done on earth as it is in Heaven. Give us this day our daily bread and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us and lead us not into temptation but deliver us from evil. Amen. :crossrc:

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit. As it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen. :crossrc:

Amen.

Praying.

Lord have mercy on Jessica, may she find and receive the help she needs.

LORD Jesus
Heal ur Daughter

Praying for Jessica …

Hail Mary,
full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the Fruit Of Thy Womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

Our Father, Who art in Heaven, hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come.
Thy Will be done, on earth, as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
As we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.
Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now,
Amen.

Thank you everyone! As of yesterday, Jessica had moved into her own apartment and now the trial really begins for her, getting used to being on her own and such. Also I ask that you all continue to pray for her because it looks like she doesn’t want to become Catholic anymore and she’s been struggling with this decision for a while. Thanks again!

Praying…

Our Father, Who art in Heaven, hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come.
Thy Will be done, on earth, as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
As we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.
Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now,
Amen.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.