Please pray for my friend

She wants to become Catholic and she also says she doesn’t want to be a Wiccan but she keeps holding on to Wiccan garbage beliefs because she thinks you can have more than one religion and that all that Wicca/witchcraft trash is “part of who she is/part of her heritage,’” and anytime I try to tell her that the Catholic Church will give her total freedom from it and that the first step is to abandon it completely for the sake of her soul, she acts as if I just told an Asian person to stop being Asian.
She also thinks all religions have witchcraft in them (because she read it in a book thus it MUST be true, ignoring any attempts from me to tell her otherwise) and that she can get superstitions premonitions about rather grim stuff. And every attempt to tell her that the Church forbids the belief in superstition, she just tried to shut me up.
She wants to change and but she wants to keep her past, even though she actually has told me she doesn’t want to be Wiccan anymore. She even takes any criticism of the junk beliefs she hold onto (such as saying that Catholicism and Wicca are mutually incompatible and that the Church considers it immoral) as a direct attack on her and that she’s being called evil.

Please pray several Novenas for her. Pray that the Holy Spirit can open her heart to Jesus and drive out anything that is trying to hold on to her. The Gates of Hell cannot prevail against us. For we are the Bride of the Holy Bridegroom, Jesus the Christ. We are the Church Tha he founded, taught and died for. Our prayers to Him do not fall on deaf ears. Pray that His Holy Blood with drench her, washing her clean and marking her forever as His. No force of evil can stop the the Church of Christ, for we have already won. The serpents head is crushed under His foot. God is with us, and as such, no one can stand against us.

Also, please pray for me that I may recieve the wisdom to know if I should just stop my efforts to help her and the strength to do just that, following the instruction given in Luke 9:5.
“And wherever they do not receive you, when you leave that town shake off the dust from your feet as a testimony against them.”
I don’t want my own self at risk.

Praying for the intentions of you & your friend.

Saint Michael, the archangel, defend us in battle, be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the devil, may God rebuke him, we humbly pray. And do you, O’ Prince of the Heavenly host, by the power of God thrust into Hell Satan and all the other evil spirits who prowl about the world for the ruin of souls.

Amen.

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.

Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread.

And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.

And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.

Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.

Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.

Amen.

Praying for your intentions…

Saint Michael, the archangel, defend us in battle, be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the devil, may God rebuke him, we humbly pray. And do you, O’ Prince of the Heavenly host, by the power of God thrust into Hell Satan and all the other evil spirits who prowl about the world for the ruin of souls.

Amen.

Hail, holy Queen, Mother of Mercy! Our life, our sweetness, and our hope! To thee do we cry, poor banished children of Eve; to thee do we send up our sighs, mourning and weeping in this valley of tears. Turn, then, most gracious Advocate, thine eyes of mercy toward us; and after this our exile show unto us the blessed fruit of thy womb, Jesus. O clement, O loving, O sweet Virgin Mary.

℣ Pray for us, O Holy Mother of God, ℟ that we may be made worthy of the promises of Christ.

Our Father, Who art in heaven,
Hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come.
Thy Will be done, on earth as it is in Heaven.

And forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.

Amen.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the Fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.

Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death.

Amen. † :signofcross:

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.

Amen.

God bless.

Holy Mary, Mother of God,
spread the effect of grace of thy Flame of Love over all humanity,
now and at the hour of our death.
Amen

Gracious and merciful Father, please come to their assistance.

Our Father, who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.
Thy kingdom come, thy will be done, on Earth as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
and forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.
Amen.

Blessed are thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus.
Amen.

Glory Be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit.
As it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end.
Amen.

St. Benedict pray for us
Saint Michael pray for us
St. Uriel pray for us
St. Gabriel pray for us
St. Raphael pray for us

Our Father,
Who art in heaven,
hallowed be Thy name;
Thy kingdom come;
Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread;
and forgive us our trespasses
as we forgive those who trespass against us;
and lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil. Amen.

St. Michael the archangel, defend us in battle,
be our protection against the snares and
wickedness of the devil. May God rebuke him,
we humbly pray, o prince of heavenly host, by
the power of God, cast into hell Satan and all
the evil spirits who prowl about the world
seeking the ruin of souls. Amen.

Amen.

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.

Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven.

And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.

Amen.

Amen.

I’m very sorry to hear this but this “garbage” and “trash” is apart of her life. If you were truly her friend you’d except that she’s going through a hard time. And for the record her religion isn’t garbage. If it is than so is your religion, which I firmly don’t believe. Don’t push her into your faith. Let HER find out for herself. And YES Catholics can be wiccans and vise versa.
I’m sorry that you have such a closed off mind. If anything I will be praying for you, hoping you come to a happier place

[INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT]Glory be to the Father and to the Son and to the Holy Spirit, as it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.[/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT]

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.