Please Pray For My Grandfather

Please pray for my grandfather. He’s had a heart attack. He’s nearly 88 years old. I don’t think he’s going to let them do much for him. Anyway, he’s my greatest hero, with JPII, and a giant of a man, the most upright, good, and decent Christian I’ve ever known. They don’t make them like him anymore. I would appreciate your prayers.

Hey buddy…you know that your grandfather, you, and your family is in my prayers. God Bless

[quote=JKirkLVNV]Please pray for my grandfather. He’s had a heart attack. He’s nearly 88 years old. I don’t think he’s going to let them do much for him. Anyway, he’s my greatest hero, with JPII, and a giant of a man, the most upright, good, and decent Christian I’ve ever known. They don’t make them like him anymore. I would appreciate your prayers.
[/quote]

Prayers for grandpa going his way. Prayers for you and family as well. A friend of mine always use to say that “Mom will never be ‘old’ in my eyes”. This is true of our grandparents too. They age, but we don’t see it.

You’ve got my prayers…

Thanks, Dum, Lux, and Annuciata!

You’ve got my prayers too.

How’s he doing?

[quote=JKirkLVNV]Please pray for my grandfather. He’s had a heart attack. He’s nearly 88 years old. I don’t think he’s going to let them do much for him. Anyway, he’s my greatest hero, with JPII, and a giant of a man, the most upright, good, and decent Christian I’ve ever known. They don’t make them like him anymore. I would appreciate your prayers.
[/quote]

I will definitely add your grandpa to my prayers…and you too.

Prayers are coming:amen: Please update us on his condition:ehh:

I will be praying for him as well. You are right this is the greatest generation and your grandfather is clearly a man who is loved by his family.

Lisa N

My prayers, too.

I miss my grandpa so much. Last week I heard a man chanting the Rosary with a Galway brough and couldn’t help crying. He was an unappreciated sage.

I hope your family appreciates your grandda.

Thanks to all. They’re running tests to see if he can withstand a double bypass. Keep those prayers going, please. Yes, our family is and has been blessed and we know it.

Praying for your grandfather.:gopray2:

I’ll keep your grandfather (and your family) in my prayers. Please keep us posted on his condition.

God Bless,
Gary

My prayers are with you all.

[quote=JKirkLVNV]Thanks to all. They’re running tests to see if he can withstand a double bypass. Keep those prayers going, please. Yes, our family is and has been blessed and we know it.
[/quote]

JKirk our clinic does bypasses in very elderly and they do extremely well. Now that they often do not need to take leg vein, the healing is much less painful and complicated. I will keep prayers going but I am pleased that he’s a candidate for surgery. That is a very positive development.

Lisa N

Everyone: Thanks so much for the prayers. My grandfather made it through surgery and is now in ICU. There were no complications (quadruple bypass), and now it’s just a matter of a long recuperation, though there may be some danger of stroke. Please keep up the prayers. When I spoke with him before surgery, he was very calm and brave. I hope my faith grows to be like his. God bless all of you!

Congrats and continued prayers for Grandpa!!!

That is truly inspirational and I need to tell my mother, who at 73 feels she’s too old for such things about how your Grandpa put her to shame.

Prayers sent for the whole family!

Glad to hear his surgery went well. My FIL had a quadruple bypass 3 years ago. He’s in great shape now!

You and yours are in my prayers. Glad to see that he made it through the surgery. I will pray for a speedy recovery for your Gran pa. Hang in there! It is great that you get to see such great faith in action.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.