Please pray for my Grandmother Sue's Surgery

Thank you to all who have prayed for my Grandmother so far on this forum through her journey. To make a long story short, my Grandmother, Sue, had problems with vomiting which led to a diagnosis of a mass on her pancreas that may be a tumor. This was concluded after many, many tests, and I thank all those who prayed for her through that process sincerely. May God Bless you all.

I now ask most urgently, however, for prayers, more so than I did before. Tomorrow she will have what is known as a “Whipple Procedure,” which is one of the most complicated surgeries in existence, to remove the mass. The complications rate is as high as 50% of patients, and there’s a great possibility that she her quality of life will be poor for some time after the surgery.

Please pray that the mass, when they finally analyze it, will be non-cancerous. Please also pray that the mass can be completely removed. Most importantly, however, please pray that she would recover quickly and well, and that her quality of life would not be severely impacted. May she live a long and happy life after the surgery, even if they are the last years of her life on this earth.

Thank you all.

In Christ,

riddiculeddisply

Praying with you that your Grandmother’s surgery, outcome and recovery all go well and she heals completely and quickly.

Dear Lord, You know whether the mass is cancerous or not, but please ensure that the delicate and complicated surgery goes well and that this loved grandmother, Sue, recovers as smoothly as possible.

Our Father, Who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come.
Thy Will be done, on earth as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Eternal God, in whom mercy is endless,
and the treasury of compassion inexhaustible,
look kindly upon us, and increase Your mercy in us,
that in difficult moments we might not despair, nor become despondent,
but with great confidence submit ourselves to Your holy will,
which is love and mercy itself.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee
Blessed art thou amongst women
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God pray for us sinners, now
and at the hour of our death. Amen

Mother Mary, Saint Michael the Archangel, and her patron saints and guardian angel please pray for her and her family.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the Fruit Of Thy Womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

Our Father, Who art in heaven,
Hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come.
Thy Will be done, on earth as it is in Heaven. Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Praying that all is well with your Grandmother Sue.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
Amen.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
Amen
:signofcross:

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death.
Amen.

Praying…

Here’s an update:

Thanks for everyone’s prayers. She successfully made it through the surgery. She is experiencing one complication, but it is one of the most very common ones - her stomach is “lazy” and doesn’t pass food etc. through the way it should. Unfortunately, the only way to solve this is to wait and hope, so please pray to the Lord Our God that her stomach would continue to make progress and “wake up.” It looks like this is already beginning to happen. Until this happens, she cannot eat by mouth.

I am happy to report that the Lord has delivered her from many other potential complications - for instance, her pain is very minimal so far, and she shows no sign of infection. Please also pray that her complications would remain few. The biggest concern for us now is not so much length of life but quality of life for her after she is discharged from the hospital.

Thank you all very much. May God Bless You.

In Christ,

ridiculeddisply

For her recovery and continued healing, especially for her immediate needs-

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners,
now, and at the hour of our death. Amen.

LORD Jesus
Heal ur Daughter

Thank you all very, very, very much for your prayers.

I am happy to report that my grandmother has been discharged from the hospital within the estimated time (10 days) given prior to the surgery. Her complications, for an 84 year old woman, are miraculously minimal - she has no pain, she can most any food within vomiting or nausea. She deals with fatigue, but that is very normal for the first few months after this particular operation, as well as a bit of a reduced appetite. I consider her positive response to the operation nothing short of miraculous - pancreatic cancer is basically ONLY treatable by this particular surgery, and it is one that usually reduces the quality of life for the person for some time. She seems to have potentially dodged a bullet. Praise God!

Please continue to pray for her that she will be guided by the Lord in whatever further treatments she may need, including whether or not she will undergo chemotherapy or radiation.

Thank you all, again, and God Bless you.

In Christ,

ridiculeddisply

Praise God!
Continuing to pray for her.

Our Father who art in Heaven hallowed be Thy name.
Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done on earth as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us. Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from every evil Amen.

Hail Mary full of grace,
the Lord is with thee,
blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of Your womb Jesus
Holy Mary, mother of God
pray for us sinners,
now and at the hour of our death,
Amen

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit, as it was in the beginning ever shall be world without end,Amen

Lord,
Help this woman fully recover.:slight_smile:

Felt I should say, to give others continued hope in the power of prayer to Our Lord, an update:

Before my Grandmother’s surgery, I submitted her name to countless parish Prayers for the Sick lists, online organizations accepting prayer intentions, asked for your prayers here, and the St. Peregrine National Shrine’s prayer list. Adding to this my own daily rosaries, Divine Mercy Chaplets, etc., I can’t help but believe that the Lord has truly worked a miracle based on the constant prayers that were offered for my Grandmother - she’s been doing wonderfully since the surgery, and today she went in for her first follow-up appointment with her surgeon since being discharged. They were all astounded by her, at 84, doing so well, and said she is in the “top 10%” in terms of how people, of any age, recover from the complicated surgery she underwent. Her main issue was that she hasn’t been able to drive, to go to to Church, etc., and when she asked when she could, they said “as soon as you’re off your pain meds” - well she hasn’t ever taken them, because she’s had absolutely no pain! This was also fairly astonishing to her doctors.

Anyway, thank you all again for your prayers, and know that we truly do have a loving, compassionate Lord who is just waiting for us to ask for his aid. Praise God.

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit,
as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end.
Amen.

That is good news. Praying for you and her.

Hail Mary,
full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
Amen

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son and to the Holy Spirit,
as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be world without end. Amen

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.