Please pray for my grandmother.

Last night I was told that my grandmother will likely be passing on within a few week. She has a blockage in her stomach that the doctors don’t think they’ll be able to remove; they told us that surgery wouldn’t be a good option because she’d never be able to eat on her own. My parents along with my grandma have decided that the use of a feeding tube would not be proper in this instance (they are all devout Catholics, so I’m sure they did their research before deciding on that), so they have decided that if the blockage cannot be removed medicinally, they will effectively be letting nature take its course.

My Grandma is 97 or 98 years old, and we’re not really looking for a miracle cure or anything like that (though we would all welcome one if God so desires it), we’re mainly praying that her passing is peaceful, and that she is welcomed into God’s arms and given a blissful eternal reward. So far as I know, she has always been a deeply devout Catholic, doing adoration weekly while she was able to, so we’re about as confident as we can humanly be that she’ll be welcomed into Heaven.

Please pray for her, that her passing is without pain, and that she be granted repose in the presence of our Lord.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou amongst women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.

Amen.

Praying for your grandmother.

Hail Mary,
Full of grace,
The Lord is with Thee.
Blessed art Thou amoungst women,
And blessed is the fruit of Thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
Pray fo us sinners,
Now and at the hour of death,
Amen

Praying for your grandmother’s health & recovery.

Praying for your grandmother’s recovery if it is God’s plan. Otherwise praying for peace and comfort for your grandmother and for you and your family. In Jesus’ name Amen.

Jesus, Mary and Joseph, assist your grandmother in her last moments.
May she, as did St. Joseph, die in the arms of the Savior and the Blessed Mother.

:signofcross:

Praying for your grandma. May the virgin Mary may be next to her bed and accompanying her through her passing and may she take her soul to the presence of her son Jesus Christ. Lady of Mt Carmel please assist Prodigal’s grandmother at the time of her death and help her to have a peaceful death and may she be in the loving arms of Jesus Christ for yhevrest of eternity.

***Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death
Amen.

:crossrc:***

Saint Michael, the archangel, defend us in battle, be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the devil, may God rebuke him, we humbly pray. And do you, O’ Prince of the Heavenly host, by the power of God thrust into Hell Satan and all the other evil spirits who prowl about the world for the ruin of souls.

Amen.

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.

Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread.

And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.

And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.

Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.

Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.

Amen.

Praying for your whole family. What a wonderful example your Grandmother has been for you.

Our Father who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy name.
Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread and forgive us our trespasses,
As we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Blessed art thou among women
And blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God,
Pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Glory be to the Father and to the Son and to the Holy Spirit,
As it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be world without end. Amen.

Praying for your grandmother.

Blessed art thou among women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now, and at the hour of our death.
Amen.
:gopray::angel1:

Saint Michael, the archangel, defend us in battle, be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the devil, may God rebuke him, we humbly pray. And do you, O’ Prince of the Heavenly host, by the power of God thrust into Hell Satan and all the other evil spirits who prowl about the world for the ruin of souls.

Amen.

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.

Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread.

And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.

And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.

Amen.

Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.

Amen.

I will be thinking of her this morning. I pray that she will pass with little pain and finally meet God in heaven. I am sorry you must go through this.

Please go visit your Grandma as soon as possible. Find a place where you can sit quietly together. Just reflect on the good memories of her. Try as hard as you can to just, for that time, to really feel the genuine love and concern she always had for you. Look in her eyes, hold her hand, and tell her you will always love her, she is the best grandmother you could ever have asked for. Take the opportunity to say a prayer with her. You will forever be glad you did this.

Into your hands, O merciful Savior, we commend your
servant. Acknowledge, we humbly beseech you, a sheep of
your own fold, a lamb of your own flock, a sinner of your
own redeeming. Receive her into the arms of your mercy,
into the blessed rest of everlasting peace, and into the
glorious company of the saints in light. Amen.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.