Please pray for my homosexual partner

My partner and I are several years either side of 30. He knows I'm Catholic, but he doesn't know I'm going to confession tomorrow. From tomorrow onwards, we will be at best just friends. I don't know how he will take it. I love him as a human being, and I ask that you pray that whatever happens, God will help him find happiness in this world and the next.

Thank you, Lord, for your Holy Spirit working so powerfully and wonderfully in the life of chillbee. Please grant him a beautiful confession with an excellent priest. Please send your Holy Spirit to chillbee’s partner and move him to conversion of heart. Help him to find salvation and help him to come to experience the love of your Son in a special and deeply profound way. Thank you, Lord, for hearing my prayer. Amen.

Wow. What a strong act. Truly inspiring. Of course I will pray. Do share with us those parts of your faith journey that you comfortable sharing.

We are really good at telling people how to act, but when someone actually listens contrary to their essential nature, it is really interesting. I trust you have support in your endeavor. God Bless.

This is a unilateral decision on your part and it’s coming with no warning? You haven’t clued him in that this is going to happen? Oh my.

May you love God enough to offer your trials to Him.

I'm saying a novena to St. Jude for someone right now for a different issue - I will add you and your friend to my prayers.

~Liza

Thank you, ready, for your beautiful prayer. And thank you giuseppemotti and Liza for your prayers, too. Please remember especially my friend, as he needs them more than I do.

And I appreciate your support, Discerning2. I wish it were an inspiring act, but it's not. There is little merit in my going against my nature, as it is also in my essential nature to guard against self-deceit and to subordinate what I feel to what I think, which frequently forces me to go against my instincts and make decisions I don't want to make. If you refuse to deceive yourself for the sake of your desires for long enough, you will eventually be confronted by the truth. People with different predispositions who come to the same conclusions are far more inspiring, and I admire such people. For me, it is merely my God-given predispositions that have led me to accept the facts, and I imagine with far less difficulty than people who think differently to the way I do. I am torn inside by how this will affect my partner, though. I don't want him to feel unloved and rejected, because I do love him and don't reject him, but I know him well enough that I don't expect him to understand. Thank you for your prayers.

That's a fair observation, Lutheranteach, but ouch, way to go making me feel worse than I already do. For some people it takes a long time. For me it has been sudden too. How long am I supposed to put off the inevitable? Putting things off can make them even more difficult. You're probably right - maybe I'm not handling this in the best way possible, but I'm not perfect and I don't have the best solutions to every situation. Even though this is the last thing in the world I want to do, it is also the right thing, and sometimes you're put in a position where you have to choose between what you would like and what is right. It's not an easy position to be in, and I am ridden with guilt at how offended and hurt he may feel. That is far more difficult for me than whatever sacrifices I have to make, and that's why I ask for prayers in his intention and not mine, and from people more holy than I am. My choice is between hurting a person that I love, or the God that created that beautiful person. There's nothing stopping me from doing the latter, but it is not the right thing to do. My partner is a good man and deserves the best, but at the same time, he is far away spiritually, and there's little I can do other than pray. There's nothing I want more than for him to be happy. I don't know if he will choose to remain friends or what the future holds, but I trust that with your prayers, God will help in His own time.

The big elephant in the room is that the Catholic Church would collapse, if by the hand of God, all homosexuals left the Church & specifically the orders. Most are chaste & holy men.

We are all called to be chaste in the unmarried state. For this young man to prostrate himself to his confessor & go forward as a child of God as we know he should, makes him greater than us that have no such nature. Holy is he!

[quote="chillbee, post:1, topic:180629"]
My partner and I are several years either side of 30. He knows I'm Catholic, but he doesn't know I'm going to confession tomorrow. From tomorrow onwards, we will be at best just friends. I don't know how he will take it. I love him as a human being, and I ask that you pray that whatever happens, God will help him find happiness in this world and the next.

[/quote]

Dearly Beloved Chillbee,

A prayer for you and for your friend, may he also find the Love of Jesus Christ and his happiness in the Home that our Lord established here in this world.

I’m praying that the Holy Spirit help you to fulfill your intentions of going to Confession. :slight_smile:

May Jesus bind anything that would try to stop chillbee from confessing and send it directly and immediately to the foot of His Cross. Thank you, Jesus.

Good for you! You know, all of heaven rejoices at a repentant heart. They’re probably throwing a party up there for you right now. :thumbsup:

:gopray:

chillbee, your opening post is very moving. The Holy Spirit is at work within you (how awesome!), but the flesh (can be) weak, as Scripture tells us. :o I have often been to confession, only to backslide into some bad habit I had confessed. It can be discouraging, and daunting, even. So, don’t be too hard on yourself IF this happens to you at times during your journey…a mile starts with a first step. Following God is a marathon, not a sprint, and you will find great joy as you continue to walk closer with Christ, day by day. Your choice to reconcile with God is such a beautiful expression of faith, it’s the utmost way of showing gratitude for Christ’s sacrifice. :o I pray for you to have great strength and courage, and that your partner finds the strength to cope with your new decision. God bless, and merry Christmas! :gopray:

[quote="RobinSebas, post:9, topic:180629"]
Dearly Beloved Chillbee,

A prayer for you and for your friend, may he also find the Love of Jesus Christ and his happiness in the Home that our Lord established here in this world.

[/quote]

In a true Catholic way, he is concerned about his friend more than himself as evidenced by the title of this discussion, "Please pray for my homosexual partner." I believe he is more torn than is lover.

You’re welcome, chillbee! And keep up the good work…spiritual work, that is!:thumbsup:

Hail Mary
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

[quote="chillbee, post:1, topic:180629"]

[/quote]

chillbee,
It is obvious from your posts that you have a great heart and love for God. That is awesome! We all need to hear others sharing that love for God and others. It's similar to the sacrifice a man makes when he joins the priesthood or when a woman enters the religious life. God will reward you greatly for choosing him.
I will pray for you and your friend, that you may both receive love and support form friends and family, especially those in the Church. I pray that in your confession tomorrow, you really feel God's amazing grace that he pours out on us when we are open to him.
Happy Confessing! and Merry Christmas!

Praying for you and your friend. Hope you will both find peace and a good freindship.

Thanks be to God you are making a good Confession. That is what we all should and continue to do. It's a healing and awesome way to come back to Christ.

Peace be with both of you...

Thank you everyone for your prayers.

A very unusual event that I can’t go into much detail about startled me and took away my readiness to confess, but I intend to go soon.

My partner and I are now in the process of working out the future of our relationship - whether to remain friends or not. I am in no doubt that thanks to your prayers, God is helping both of us in this transition.

A very sincere thank you is in order.

In joyful thanksgiving I pray for you. I have been praying for those with the homosexual orientation. I have trouble imagining anything harder. I pray your partner finds his way back to God's deep, fulfilling, abiding love as you have. I think those with homosexuality need a patron saint. I wonder if there is one.

Oh what a party in heaven!!!!

God bless you…May you be an instrument in the salvation of your friends soul…I will pray for you both tonight at mass

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.