Please pray for my husband

He just walked off without an explanation three weeks ago, and cut us out of his life. I don’t at all understand what’s going on, and am very hurt and confused. He has been battling depression and another mental issue, but wouldn’t seek out a doctor who could give him the proper therapy.

I’m so worried about him, and frightened. He became a real Jekyll and Hyde over the past several months thanks to several drugs I recently found out he had been taking, and I’m worried that the wonderful man I married is lost forever, and replaced with this strange, angry man full of rage and pain.

Please pray that he gets the help he needs and understands what he’s done to our marriage. I love him, and would take him back if he would just get the proper treatment and take responsibility for himself. In the meantime, I’m praying, and trying to take care of myself and heal the best I can.

i am so sorry for your pain!

**As someone who struggles with guilt and depression, do not give up on him, he loves you but he has a disease, he is very sick and needs your love and healing.
You are all in my prayers!

Sancta Maria, Mater Dei, Ora Pro Nobis Peccatoribus!

mark

You and your family are in my Prayers. God Bless.

Prayer For Peace

Merciful Father,
We are together on Earth, alone in the universe.
Look at us and help us to love one another.
Teach us to understand each other,
just as you understand us.
Make our souls as fresh as the morning.
Make our hearts as innocent as the Lamb.
May we forgive each other, and forget the past,
and may we have peace inside - and in our world.
Today and forever.
Amen.

Bless you and thank you so much for your prayers. I’m so frightened and worried I can barely breathe. It’s a comfort to know that there are people praying for him, and us.

bakerann,

My heart truly goes out to you. I cannot even begin to imagine the pain you are enduring right now. As I am in the process of trying to convert (waiting for the diocesan bishop to respond to a request to help my wife proceed with an annulment process that scares her to death because of her ex that used to threaten her and her kids’ lives) you may know better than I do about what the Catholic faith says about our suffering. Particularly about “offering it up”. I encourage you to do this asking God to use it as he will to rescue your husband from the desert wilderness he is wandering in aimlessly. And as you do, please know not only we here are praying for you both, but all the angels and saints among the Church victorious in heaven are praying for you too.

Heavenly Father, you who created the bonds of marriage and intended it to be a sacrament whereby your grace would strenthen each husband and wife to sacrificially love one another and live such that each would do what they could to help the other remain close to you and live for you unto your glory and their salvation, your servant bakerann is truly heartbroken. She is in tremendous need of your comfort and care as she struggles to understand and deal with the poor choices her husband has been making. She needs your awesome strength to carry her in this time of distress and exhaustion. She needs your peace to sustain her while she awaits your hand to move in the life of her husband to bring him back to his senses and reconcile their marriage. She needs a sign of hope that will give her enough to persevere in faith that will allow her the patience to wait upon you as you help her husband in your good time. And of course her husband is in desperate need of an intervention so that he can be freed of the bondage to drug addiction enabling him to receive the counseling/treatment he needs for his depression. Father, we know it is not your will that marriages be put assunder. We know you desire the death of no man, physical or spiritual. We know your desire is for repentance and new life lived in you. Bakerann’s husband is not capable of turning himself around right now. Only you can do for him what he needs. Please we all here beseech you on behalf of bakerann and her husband, that in concert with your holy will, with your intentions for your creation, and your desire for circumcised hearts to come to you, please hear our prayers and fulfill these requests for bakerann and her husband. Look upon bakerann and see her and all who here pray for her and her husband as though we were those who brought the paralyzed man to your Son Jesus, who could neither seek you out nor confess his sins. Grant bakerann’s husband to be forgiven and healed as Christ Jesus healed that poor paralytic. Please we humbly ask you through him who is the great physician, Jesus Christ your Son, our Lord. Amen.

Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy name.
Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.
For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory forever and ever. Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee, blessed art thou amongst women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus.
Holy Mary, mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and in the hour of our death. Amen.

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit. As it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.

O my Jesus, forgive us our sins, save us from the fires of hell, and lead all souls to heaven, especially those most in need of Thy mercy. Amen.

Thank you, Steve C., for such a beautiful prayer.

On the drugs issue, he’s actually not on anything illicit–he’s on anti-depressants that make his other mental condition worse (he gets horrible, frightening mood swings). He doesn’t recognize this, and neither does his doctor, so he refuses to try different meds. He would blow up for no reason, and then blame his rage on me, where I’ve just been sitting there watching his fireworks and trying to calm him down.

Thank you, everyone, for your prayers. Surely, with such wonderful souls praying for him (and us), good must come of this through the grace of God. I have faith. Bless you all.

Im so sorry for your pain.I hope and pray that he comes home soon. When he does suggest you both go to see the doctor together.If he suffers mood swings i suspect he will come home feeling sorry and be sheepish.My prayers are with you both for Gods intervention to seek the help He will provide for you and that your dh’s heart will soften.

Lord grant strength to bakerann to cope with her husbands abandonment and mental illness.May his heart soften that he will listen to reason and let his doctor give him help.Lord please help this couple;him to let others help him through his illness and her to cope with the emotional turmoil.
Firstly though lord please bring him humbly home to his wife and family who will ove and cherish him.Keep him safe.Watch over bakerann protect her from harm guide her by granting her the wisdom to know how best to help her husband.Grant the husband wisdom to realise his denial of his illness is hurting his wife and family.May they be healed
Lord.
We ask these things through Jesus Christ our Lord
Amen

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the Fruit Of Thy Womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

Praying for you, hubby and loved ones…
Our Father, Who art in Heaven,
hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come, Thy Will be done,
on earth as it as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day, our daily bread and
forgive us our trespasses as we forgive
those who trespass against us.
Lead us not into temptation, but
deliver us from evil.
Amen

Hail Mary, full of grace,
the Lord is with Thee.
Blessed art Thou among women,and
blessed is the fruit of Thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God,
pray for us now, and
at the hour of our death.
Amen

Glory be to the Father, to the Son,
and to the Holy Spirit.
As it was in the beginning, as is and
ever shall be, world without end.
Amen

O my Jesus, forgive us our sins,
save us from the fires of Hell,
lead all souls to heaven, especially
those in most need of Your Mercy.
Amen

Hail Mary, Full of Grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst women, and Blessed is the Fruit of Thy Womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now, and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Lord God, please, if You so will it, heal this marriage - make this husband, in particular Lord, understand that You will peace and harmony between this couple, if indeed that is what You Will. Quell the anger of this man, and help him to come to a feeling of peace and contentment, Lord Jesus. Through Jesus Christ, Our Lord, I pray. Amen.

St. Dymphna, pray for us.

Praying…
hallowed be Thy Name.
deliver us from evil.
Amen

the Lord is with Thee.
pray for us now, and
Amen

and to the Holy Spirit.
Amen

Amen

Our Father Who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy name;
Thy kingdom come; Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread; and forgive us our trespasses
as we forgive those who trespass against us;
and lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.
Amen.

Ma’am, we are with you and we are all praying for you!

In my prayers…
hallowed be Thy Name.
deliver us from evil.
Amen

the Lord is with Thee.
pray for us now, and
Amen

and to the Holy Spirit.
Amen

Amen

Lord please bring this husband home and guide him to soften his heart and seek help.Please guide the wife that she will know what to do or say to heal things…
Lord in your mercy hear our prayers
Amen

hallowed be Thy Name.
deliver us from evil.
Amen

the Lord is with Thee.
pray for us now, and
Amen

and to the Holy Spirit.
Amen

Amen

Jesus please help bakerann’s husband to recover from this stress breakdown that has been preceeded by the anger outbursts that so often accompany the develoment of stress breakdown. Please help him to seek recovery with, not without the love and care of his family and professional help. He is doubtless confused by what has happened in himself and has affected his feelings and mental states and can no longer cope. Please help him to save himself with love and care and wisdom, and help to prevent any further breakdown and harm to himself and his family.

Please give support and comfort to his wife and family who are suffering so much.
Please heal them of the loss and grief they feel.

Amen

Praying my heart out for your family.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.