Please pray for my marriage and my family

My husband of 7 years…we have been together for 17 years…has been having an emotional affair with a woman at work. He thinks he loves her, but also does not want to give up on his marriage and family (we have a 2 year old). He decided 2 weeks ago to work on our marriage and asked her to cease contact…but she didnt and he fell “victim” to her again. He has asked for a separation a week ago today to think things through and has since moved out of the house. I am so upset. I have been praying night and day…saying a Rosary each and every day and praying to Saint Rita. I believe in the power of prayer…please pray he realizes the blessings he has in his life and chooses to fight for his marriage and family. Please pray the temptation from this woman goes aways and allows him to refocus on his marriage. Thank you in advance for you help. I greatly appreciate it.

I pray for you to have emotional strength in this time. Don’t blame yourself as he is making the wrong choices. Keep praying the rosary as I pray for our Blessed Mother’s intercesssion that this will heal the situation. Be there for your child and try to not let this terrible situation create any bitterness. Amen

my prayers are with you

You are in my prayers

I am so very sorry that you are going through such an awful ordeal.

Jesus please powerfully impact on this man’s heart and mind to return fully to his family. Please detach him from this woman and give her the grace and dignity to respect his marriage.

Please help his wife to recover.

Eternal God, in whom mercy is endless,
and the treasury of compassion inexhaustible,
look kindly upon us, and increase Your mercy in us,
that in difficult moments we might not despair, nor become despondent, but with great confidence submit ourselves to Your holy will, which is love and mercy itself.

Our Father, Who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come. Thy Will be done, on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.
Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Praying for your family.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the Fruit of Thy Womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

By your examples of patience, faith, and virtue, Saint Rita, Saint Monica, and Saint Joseph, lift this couple in your intercessions before the Heavenly Throne. Help them to remember that there is already a third person in their marriage – Jesus Christ…who is all they need. Amen.

You may want to check out these MP3s recorded by Archbishop Fulton Sheen (from here):

Marriage - For the Married and Not Yet Married

Catholic Catechism Series - Part 37 - Marriage-Sacrament

Catholic Catechism Series - Part 40 - Marriage Problems

Praying very hard for your husband to come to his senses and return to his family!

please Lord protect this marriage and the vows, provide this child with a stable enviorment and may all outside influences cease, amen

Praying for all of your family

Thank you so much for your prayers. Please keep them coming. He is being strongly influenced by this woman. He cannot see that he is being tested…please pray he realizes the wrong he is doing before its too late. I am a basketcase. Please also pray that God gives me strength to comtinue to fight for my marriage. Thank you.

Praying for strentgh and patience

St Michael, please defend this marriage

St. Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle; be our safeguard against the wickedness and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him, we humbly pray. And do you, O prince of the heavenly host, by the power of God, cast into hell, satan and all the evil spirits who prowl about the world seeking the ruin of souls. Amen.

Saint Michael the Archangel,
defend us in battle.
Be our safe guard against the wickedness and snares of the devil.
May God rebuke him, we humbly pray;
and do Thou, O Prince of the most Heavenly Host -
by the Divine Power of God -
cast into hell, satan and all the evil spirits,
who prowl throughout the world seeking the ruin of souls.

Amen.

praying

St. Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle; be our safeguard against the wickedness and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him, we humbly pray. And do you, O prince of the heavenly host, by the power of God, cast into hell, satan and all the evil spirits who prowl about the world seeking the ruin of souls. Amen.

praying

Praying as well.

In Jesus’ name, Father, please flood You graces on this couple, and lead them to live the fullness of Your loving will. Please answer our prayers for them.

Eternal God, in whom mercy is endless,
and the treasury of compassion inexhaustible,
look kindly upon us, and increase Your mercy in us,
that in difficult moments we might not despair, nor become despondent, but with great confidence submit ourselves to Your holy will, which is love and mercy itself.

Our Father, Who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come. Thy Will be done, on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.
Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.