Please pray for my marriage and my husband

Right now, my husband is taking all his things to the guest room. Neither of us will consider divorce, but we’re still miserable every day. We don’t see an end in sight. Please pray that God will bless our marriage with grace and peace, bless my husband with repentance, and bless me with patience and hope.

Thank you for your prayers.

Mary

My prayers are with you, mary. My husband and I had our struggles many years ago, and through prayer…our marriage was saved. By God’s grace…and by powerful prayer…yours will be too. I will say a Chaplet for you this weekend.

I will include both of you in my night prayers

Kathy

I will pray for you & your husband!

Have you talked with a Priest or considered a marriage retreat?

God can restore all things!

Thank you for the hope whatevergirl. I need it right now. It is salve to my soul.

Thank you for the prayers Katie. My friend has been telling me about this place for months and I was so desperate tonight that I came and found it. I am very happy I did.

Our priest is part of the problem, kiki. He has a personal motto to never admit doing wrong, which he constantly tells my husband is his best advice. He is questioning his vocation and his faith. I have been praying for him since he revealed his struggles to us in friendship. He’s a terrible example to my husband and things are only worse when he’s involved.

We have not gone on a marriage encounter. My husband doesn’t believe he needs to change. Until his eyes are opened, it doesn’t matter what anyone has to say. As soon as I see a glimmer of hope, I’ll be signing us up. Until then, I pray. I haven’t wanted to smear my husband’s name, so I haven’t shared our struggles with anyone. It means a lot to have others praying with me. Thank you.

I will pray for your marriage.

Praying fro your marriage. :gopray2:

Along with my prayers, I offer others for you to ask for intercessions…

St. Louis IX
St. Monica
St. Thomas More
Holy Mother Mary
St. Joseph

I did already…:signofcross:

Prayers for peace and comfort to your hurting heart to heal soon - for both you and your husband. God Bless.

I will pray for your marriage. :crossrc:

God Bless you both, :signofcross:

Gladys

:harp:

Thank you for all of the prayers! Please don’t stop. I know God is answering them. Last night my husband expressed sorrow to me. He ended up saying he doesn’t see the problem and won’t do anything about it, but the sorrow for where we are today was genuine. That is such a great movement from where we’ve been that I can only attribute it to your prayers. All he needs to do is decide he wants to change our lives. It sounds like so little and yet it is so much. Please continue praying that the Lord open our hearts to His will and give us the courage and strength to do it.

It is humbling to have so many praying for us. I will remember each of you in my own prayers of thanksgiving. St. Monica holds a special place in my heart. So many years of faithfulness and prayer and she never gave up.

Hi, Mary,

I will pray for you also.

Dear, Lord, please reach into this marriage with your healonh Spirit and draw these two into Your heart, that they may truly be one.

Praying for your marriage.

I am happy to pray for your marriage. Thank you for asking. I hope the two of you find peace. God bless.

I will include your marriage in my rosary, Mary. It’s a little strange that this priest, human as he is, and probably basically a good man with issues of his own has intersected with your lives at this particular point in time. I’d say that that the evil one has a way of manipulating a situation, HOWEVER…The power of prayer is SOOO much more powerful!!! I went through something similar several years ago…eerily similar…almost exactly as yours. Our God is so mighty and powerful, he saw us through it…through prayer. The rosary for me was an awesome weapon. (still is) Unbelievably powerful. If Jesus through The Blessed Mother pulled ***us ***through, He can and will pull you through as well. Try to pray it as often as possible…The Blessed Mother can indeed crush the head of Satan. I will include you in mine.:gopray2:

Hugs:console:

I am convinced that we are dealing with spiritual warfare as well as our physical problems. Please continue to keep us in your prayers as we fight the Evil One.

Holy Spirit, please come into our house, our marriage, and our souls. Gird us about with truth and defend us with justice. Clothe us in the armor of God so that we may resist the Evil One’s assaults and extinguish his fiery darts with a shield of faith. Grant us a love of the word of God so that our feet may be shod in preparation of the gospel of peace and we may slay the enemy with Your Sword.

For our wrestling is not against flesh and blood; but against principalities and power, against the rulers of the world of this darkness, against the spirits of wickedness in the high places.

Holy Spirit, I beseech You to give me speech, that I may open my mouth with confidence to make known the mystery of the gospel, for which I am an ambassador in chains, so that I may speak boldly, as I ought to speak. Arm us with the helmet of salvation as we battle against the wiles of the Evil One so that we may be able to resist in the evil day, and having done everything, to stand firm. Amen.

Praying for you Mary and your husband.:gopray2:

The last several days have seemed to have the greatest amount of turbulence we’ve had in a very long time. My husband seems to be trying so hard and being held back at the same time.

I posted elsewhere that it was two months ago that we had a small glimmer of hope. I don’t know why it didn’t occur to me, but I was sitting here thinking of what was the same then and now and I realized what it was.

Two months ago, I signed up for a Lenten prayer partner. This holy man held me in prayer every day through Lent without my knowledge. My husband emerged on Easter with true repentance and sought the counsel of our priest.

Well that dashed it all and set us back, but now we’re here again. He seems to be struggling so much more. And yet he is struggling, which means he is trying in some way. I realized that yet again, without his knowledge, others are holding us in prayer.

The Lord has such plans for us. I know he made us for joy and peace. Please continue to pray that my husband will have the strength of faith to face these demons and denounce them. They are putting up a fight, but I know the Lord is mightier if we call on Him.

:byzsoc:

Prayers :gopray2:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.