PLEASE pray for my marriage!

I just found this website and signed up immediately. This is my first post and I figured I’d start where I needed it most!

PLEASE pray for me and my husband… He is planning to visit a divorce attorney in the next couple of weeks. It is difficult to explain without making the story long-winded, so I apologize in advance if this goes against the rules of the forum…

We have been happily married for a little over 10 years and were married in the Catholic Church. We have two wonderful boys. Up until a week and a half ago, we were perfectly happy…

I have always been in charge of the finances in our household and have managed to pay bills on time, avoid us from credit card debt, and make ends meet. I am in real estate and have suffered quite a decrease in pay over the past year. Because of that, I have dipped into our savings to pay for household items, etc and to keep us on our normal standard of living. I did not tell my husband I did this, because I kep thinking I was doing what was best for the family and that somehow, it would all work out. I (likemost people) never knew the market or economy would implode the way it did. Anyway, he found out a little over a week ago that our savings is almost completely depleted.

He feels I have lied to him and violated his trust. I agree with him and have apologized a million times in tears over the past week. He says he can no longer trust me, that he’ll never forgive me, and that trying to work things out is not worth it to him. He is willing to split up our family to provide a consequence to my actions. To punish me. We have worked on getting our finances back in order and set up a system where he will have control over the finances and in my spending. He still wants to set up a meeting with a divorce mediator in the next week.

I told him I don’t want a divorce, but he said I don’t have much of a choice. PLEASE help me, my heart is breaking for what this will do to our kids. I don’t know what to do, because I know he is serious. I just don’t understand why he can’t forgive me in the future. I know what I did was wrong, but it was not with bad intentions. I just see this as something we should work together to solve, not split apart.

Please send whatever prayers my way that you can! I am at a complete loss!

Thank you for listening and tolerating my long story!

Welcome to the forums!
I’ll remember you and your family especially in my prayers.

We will pray for you and your family in our daily prayers.

Hail Mary full of grace The Lord is with you. Blessed are you among women and blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death. In the Name of The Father, and of The Son, and of The Holy Spirit. Amen.

God bless all!!!

I will certainly keep you and your family in my prayers.

I am happy you’re with us on the forum, but so sorry for your situation.

Take Care and know we will be praying for you…

Praying for you and your family.

Lord Jesus, please flood Your love and healing into this marriage. My husband has a similar nature where not to pass on anything, for whatever good reason, is seen as lying. They are men of integrity and can’t handle anything less than complete truth, sometimes even where it doesn’t directly affect them. You thought you were acting for the best on his implicit permission in leaving financial matters in your hands, but… If I acted as you did, poor girl, even with implicit permission (which equals trust), I’d expect no other decision from my husband.

** I pray for a miracle of grace for your husband and you. I feel very much for you and will keep you in my prayers.
With love to you in your sadness and sense of powerlessness.
Jesus please keep her safe, and comfort her and the children. Please miraculously touch this husband’s heart that his love will prove greater than his logic**.

I pray for a holy smile to break through
flaming from heart to heart
to consume misunderstanding, sin and pain.
Until then, heart must wait in humble sadness and silence.

Am I alone in poignant sense of loss?
I hurt whom I love–I who also am wronged,
because you cannot see how truly I love you.

But Lord, please touch and heal us!
Make us become sacrament of Yourself,
hearts purified, maturing in reciprocal love.

We neither of us intended hurt
Yet we caused each other pain…
My Love, please forgive me.
I forgive you.

Loving God,

We pray that the miracle of the joining of these two people in Holy matrimony will not be lost and that you will send your blessings and comforting Holy Spirit as the family works through the difficult times ahead. We pray that each party sees the need for changes in their married life and that they may accept and forgive one another as they rebuild the trust and credibility needed for a loving and successful marriage. We pray that mdevitt and her husband will seek the intervention and help needed to repair this marriage that God has blessed and that includes our Lord Jesus as one of the participants in their holy union. We pray that mdevitt will seek forgiveness from the Lord and her husband for this issue of trust that has come between them, and will recognize the need to take the steps necessary to encourage her husband to seek counseling or attend a marriage enrichment program that can help them to begin to repair and improve their communications and coping skills. Please bless their children and help both parents to realize their vital role as a family unit to raise and love the family together as God has planned for them. Please encourage everyone in this family with strength, courage, a strong faith, hope, and a thick skin to endure the suffering and troubled times they must work through to turn the situation around. Your Holy and perfect will be done, and may mdevitt and her husband respond to the plan you have for their lives. Please send your grace upon this husband and help him to realize that he must also respond to his duty and work through the situation instead of hardening his heart and hurting the family unit. All have sinned, all require the grace and forgiveness of our loving Lord Jesus.

We pray in the name of your son Jesus, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God forever and ever.

Amen.

I’ll be praying that your husband’s heart will soften and that the two of you can get good Catholic marriage counseling to help with communication and trust. God bless you.

I am going down that road of divorce and I would not wish it on my worst enemy, therefore I will pray that the Lord guides you both to sort out your problems and find peace for the sake of your family and marriage.

Welcome to the forums!

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the Fruit of Thy Womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

Thank you all very much for including us in your prayers. Most of all, I am hurting for the thought at what this will do to our family. Our two little boiys have no idea what is about to happen to their family and their lives as they know them. I ask that you pray for them in their innocence that they may feel the love for them and not be badly affected by this situation.

Storming heaven with prayers for your family and that your husband will reconcile with you!

Praying hard that God will soften his heart. I’m sure you meant well. God knows you did. God bless you, your husband, and your family. :heart:

You will be in my prayers too.
God bless

I am still praying for all of you.

Praying for all of you

Father, in Jesus’ name please heal the damage in this marriage relationship. Please flood Your merciful love and healing upon this couple.

Praying

Heavenly Father, please grant healing and new life to this marriage

Eternal God, in whom mercy is endless,
and the treasury of compassion inexhaustible,
look kindly upon us, and increase Your mercy in us,
that in difficult moments we might not despair, nor become despondent, but with great confidence submit ourselves to Your holy will, which is love and mercy itself

Our Father, Who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come. Thy Will be done, on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.
Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.