Please pray for my marriage.

Please pray for my marriage. I don’t think there are any serious problems yet, but if they are not addressed the small things could cause big problems.

Essentially, my husband is a very good man but he is also a very selfish and stubborn one. He is not Catholic and does not go to church of any kind, though he claims to be Christian. He used to go to mass w/ me when we dated and that was one of the key things that attracted me to him. Once we were married, however, he stopped doing this, and I felt sort of tricked if you will. We have a 6 month old son that my husband is very uninvolved with. It’s like pulling teeth trying to get him to just hold the baby. It makes me sad for my son that his father is so disinterested in him. Things like diaper changes and bottles are out of the question… I understand that it is my job as the house wife to take care of my son, and I do, I just wish my husband was more active in his life, more of a dad. My husband is content to pretend my son doesn’t exist. I worry that because my husband has become so anti-catholic over the last year that he is also a spiritual drain on me and will end up a bad influence to my son. He loves me, but he is very selfish. He doesn’t act like a man who loves his wife. I take care of everything in the house and if I fall behind in the work he complains and doesn’t thank me for what is done. He never says “you are fat”, but he is always telling me that I need to exercise and loose weight ever since I had the baby. It kind of hurts my feelings.

What it boils down to is… I am finding it very hard to remember why I love him. I just don’t feel attracted to him anymore at all emotionally or physically. And because of this I am not enjoying intimacy anymore either… It’s sad because I really want to be in love with him. I don’t believe in divorce and most importantly he is my son’s father.

So please pray for me that I can remember why I fell in love w/ him and that we can respark the passion in our marriage.

I also worry that I am the only one having problems. I think my husband is very happy w/ the marriage and very satisfied. :shrug:

Our Father, Who art in Heaven, hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come. Thy Will be done, on earth, as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread
and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us;
and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death
Amen.

Our Father, Who art in heaven,
Hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come.
Thy Will be done, on earth as it is in Heaven. Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Little Katie,

God Bless you, you are in my prayers!

It sounds like your husband is incredibly selfish and immature.

i have been married for 30 years and have 3 beautiful children. i adore them and changed diapers and fed them at 3 am and i consider myself truly blessed to be allowed to have a small part in their lives!

Now that they are adults and busy with their own lives, i would give anything to turn back the clock and spend every minute with them. They grow up so fast.

You are truly living Jesus’ example of a life of selfless sacrifice!

Jesus told us; "And he said to all, “If any man would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me.” (Lk 9:23.)

**Pray for your husband and love him, he will see the love of Jesus through you!!!
Sancta Maria, Mater Dei, Ora Pro Nobis Peccatoribus!

Mark

Praying for your marriage.

Katie,
I will ask God for the peace, love of a distant husband, and mercy be shone you and your family in this your hour of need.
Our Father
Hail Mary
Glory Be
Hail Holy Queen
mary1173:)
God Bless you and your family, may you all be enveloped in God’s love and that you all share love for one another.

Praying for you Katie, take care…

Praying for you

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Katie I will certainly pray for your marriage with these problems that make you unhappy. I ask the Lord to help you with something more deep than passion, but that your husband can become capable of loving you and your son and not just himself. Yes, not being cherished can dull our feelings and responses towards another person.

God bless you that you continue to be loving, with genuine love. With genuine love it isn’t that you necessarily feel the feelings, but you still give the kindness and do all that responsibility and generosity requires, even if you don’t get the reward from the other person. I ask God to continue to give you strength and grace.

Please dear God, awaken her husband to accept and to cherish his wife as she is, and to help her in little ways that make her feel loved. Please help him to be respectful about her faith, and to share her love and interest in their child.

Hi Katie

Have you tried speaking to him though:shrug: It might help a great deal.I will be praying for you and your son.By the way you sound very sweet,I just pray you don’t change.

God loves you,keep well.:thumbsup:

Praying…

PRaying for you Katie and your son and husband that you’ll will have a better family life and marriage.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the Fruit Of Thy Womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

In prayer for your marriage

Our Father, Who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come.
Thy Will be done, on earth as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Eternal God, in whom mercy is endless,
and the treasury of compassion inexhaustible,
look kindly upon us, and increase Your mercy in us,
that in difficult moments we might not despair, nor become despondent,
but with great confidence submit ourselves to Your holy will,
which is love and mercy itself.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee
Blessed art thou amongst women
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God pray for us sinners, now
and at the hour of our death. Amen

Saint Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle.
Be our safeguard against the wickedness and snares of the devil.
May God rebuke him, we humbly pray; and do you, O Prince of the heavenly host,
by the power of God cast into hell satan and all the evil spirits
who wander through the world seeking the ruin of souls. Amen

Saint Rita and Saint Thomas Aquinas, models of familial virtue, we entust Katie to your care. Let her find the help and strength she needs, and open her husband’s eyes to the hurt he causes. Send them a counselor. Pray that the ultimate comforter, the Holy Spirit, descends upon her and her husband so that she remain strong in her faith and he is guided by her example. Bring them to God’s peace. We ask in the communion of saints through Jesus Christ our Lord, Amen.

For healing and new life in your marriage, Katie

Thy Kingdom come. Thy Will be done, on earth as it is in Heaven.

Eternal God, in whom mercy is endless,
and the treasury of compassion inexhaustible,
look kindly upon us, and increase Your mercy in us,
that in difficult moments we might not despair, nor become despondent, but
with great confidence submit ourselves to Your holy will, which is love and mercy itself.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee
Blessed art thou amongst women
Holy Mary, Mother of God pray for us sinners, now
and at the hour of our death. Amen

May your guardian angels and your patron saints pray for you and your husband

Jesus gentle of heart, please touch the heart and mind of Katie’s husband to be generous towards her faith and sensitive to her needs.

Thy Kingdom come.
Thy Will be done, on earth as it is in Heaven.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death. Amen.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.