Please pray for my marriage.

My marriage needs help. My wife isn't sure she wants to work on it. I'm 100% committed to our marriage. We have a six year old son. I want our marriage to a committed and loving one for our son. Please pray that my wife wants to go to Retrouvaille or some such marriage weekend. We've been married for almost 10 years. What else can I do? Help, help, help!!!

Praying for you and your wife, as well as your little boy!

I'm praying for you.

If you want to PM someone to vent or discuss, feel free.

God bless you and your wife.

Bryan

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners now, and at the hour of our death, Amen.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death
Amen.

St. Jude, pray for us!

Praying for your intentions….

Lord Jesus, You have said, “Learn from me, for I am meek and humble of heart.” With confidence in Your loving heart which offers rest to weary souls, we come to You in this time of special need. In Your unfailing love, read the prayer that is written on our hearts, and grant the grace that we ask of You, in accordance with Your holy will. In Your name we pray. Amen.

Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help, and sought thy intercession, was left unaided. Inspired with this confidence, I fly unto thee, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother, to thee I come, before thee I stand sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate! Despise not my petitions, but, in thy mercy, hear and answer me. Amen.

Praying hard.

***Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death.

Amen.

I am praying.

Amen.

Mother Mary, I recommend this couple and their situation to you. Please intercede and make your intentions in this matter come true! Thank you! Amen.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

We started counseling last week. I go by myself next week. We are going to Retrouvaille next month. I just hope it works. My wife is not even sure she wants to save the marriage. She said we won’t be able to attend the post Retrouvaille sessions because of our schedules; my work schedule, son’s soccer games, trips planned, etc. I think the post sessions are more important and those things should be put on hold. She doesn’t feel the same as I. I feel like I’m in a nightmare. She is so cold to me and non-affectionate. She says she just isn’t attracted to me. She keeps saying we are in two different places. That she shut down a while ago and is now numb.

There has been no extra-marital affair, no abuse and no addiction problems. We have just been drifting apart over the years. Our counselor said we basically have been living as married single people. The two main reasons my wife is numb have to do with me having changed from the time we married and about three years ago when I made her feel inferior because she didn’t want to be a stay-at-home mom. I have asked for forgiveness from her several times.

Now I think I am trying to hard. I’m leaving love letters, telling her I love her all of the time, kissing and hugging her, holding her, touching her, etc. The harder I try to get close to her, the harder she pulls away. The more she pulls away, the more I go towards her. Not sure what to do. Can’t wait for my one-on-one session next week with the counselor.

My wife and son are going away next week on spring break to be with her side of the family. This has been planned for a long time. I just am unable to go because of work. If spring break fell on this week, we would all have gone.

To me, because I’ve changed and she doesn’t feel attracted to me and that I made her feel inferior, those are no reasons to separate or divorce. I took my vows seriously on our wedding day. For better or for worse, until death do us part. I asked her if she took them seriously and she said yes. I told her to prove it then. She told me not to place her in that position. She says one thing but her actions or inaction say quite another. What else can I do?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.