Please pray for my marriage.

Hi. I rarely ask for prayers as I always figure there are so many people worse off than I but I find myself really needing help. I am in anguish because I found out on the 14th that my husband has been seeing another woman. He says he's getting older & needs to be with others before it's too late. He says he still loves me but I can't see how he can truly love me & yet will not promise to stay away from others. He says they make him feel young. She is 20 years younger than he.

Could you please pray that his heart will come back to me if that is what The Lord wants? Please pray for me to have the strength to handle this whatever may come. Our anniversary was to be January 3rd. I am devastated because I thought everything was fine until that last week. He had said he was happy but I guess it was because he had the 2 of us. It had not yet reached the sexual point but it still hurts that he would go behind my back, meet her in private & won't stay away from her. Please pray that God will guide me in what to say & do. Please ask that He sends comfort to my heart in some way. No matter if it hurts me, I want to do God's bidding.

Thank you.

I am on my phone in bed so I apologize for spelling & any other errors.

Dear God, if this is according to your will, please protect this marriage that you blessed and restore love, peace and for them to worship you more. I pray that you give remorse to her husband and show him his wrong doing. I know nothing is impossible to you and please bless again this marriage. Amen

Oceans of love!

Please, baby Jesus, on this most holy day when You came and gave light to a dark and forbidding world, send Kat the special graces that she needs to remain strong and by Your side during this most difficult and trying time.

Please remove all bitterness from her heart and please stand between her and any self-destructive decisions that may lead her into turmoil beyond that which You will for her to experience.

Oh most Holy Mother, without your decision to bring our Blessed Lord into the world there would have been no savior for all of humanity. Please lend Kat a share of your love so that she may be enriched with a desire to give herself fully and unconditionally to your Son during this most painful experience.

St. Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle. Be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him we humbly pray and you, O Prince of the heavenly host, by the power of God, thrust into hell satan and the other evil spirits who prowl the world seeking the ruin of souls,

Amen.

Alma Redemptoris Mater

Loving Mother of the Redeemer,
gate of heaven, star of the sea,
assist your people who have fallen yet strive to rise again.
To the wonderment of nature you bore your Creator,
yet remained a virgin after as before.
You who received Gabriel's joyful greeting,
have pity on us poor sinners.

For your consideration...Dr. Monica Breaux...she is often adamant that when one spouse is unfaithful...it is not about the other spouse's failures or undesirability...but it is always...it is always clearly about something that is wrong in a fundamental way inside/with the offending spouse...the offending spouse is missing "some bricks" in development. So...don't blame yourself...yes you are rightly hurt and in pain...angry, but don't beat yourself up or down...it is not your fault. Maybe you can do several things to improve your side of your marriage relationship...but that most likely would not have thwarted your spouse's infidelity...its not about you...it is about your spouse and he has to learn what that broken part of himself is and be man enough to fix it...courage is an absolute must...integrity of mind and heart is the key for him to tackle his problem(s)...and earn your trust back...he still has your love...you clearly want him back.

Pax Christi

On Marital Chastity

Written by Monica Hidalgo Breaux, PhD

(excerpt)
Every day we make sexual choices. Before we make behavior choices, we first make choices in our minds that shape our own desires. When a thought pops in our head, we have free will to distract ourselves with other thoughts or behaviors. Choosing our thoughts is how we form our habits of desire. Our sexual appetite can be formed to desire any person or thing. Indulging in sexual fantasy connects our sexual appetite to unreal people and unreal situations. Sexual fantasy interferes with our ability to enjoy real life people and situations and it can lead to addiction.

catholictherapists.com/relationships-marriage-family/on-marital-chastity.html

Monica H. Breaux PhD, MSW is in private practice as a counselor for Family, Marriage, and Individuals for various issues and also provides Telephone & Skype counseling. She is an influential author and speaker at national conferences, parishes and high schools. Her ministry, (HumanlyPossible.net), has evolved into a lay ecclesial movement for people who recognize the injustice of sexual immorality, and respond with a personal commitment to healthy and holy sexual attitudes and behavior as a spiritual work of mercy. She was honored by Catholic Social Workers National Association as “2010 Catholic Social Worker of the Year.”

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death
Amen.

St. Jude, pray for them!

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.

Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.

Amen.

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.

Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread.

And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.

And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.

Amen.

For Help in Trials

Most holy apostle St. Jude, faithful servant and friend of Jesus, the name of the traitor who delivered your beloved Master into the hands of His enemies has caused you to be forgotten by many. But the Church honors and invokes you universally as the patron of hopeless cases--of things despaired of. Pray for me who feels so hopeless. Make use, I implore you, of that particular privilege accorded to you of bringing visible and speedy help where help is almost despaired of. Come to my assistance in this great need, that I may receive the consolations and succor of heaven in all my necessities, tribulations and sufferings, in particular, katrntogo's marriage, and that I may bless God with you and all the elect throughout eternity. I promise you, O Blessed St. Jude, to be ever mindful of this great favor, and I will never cease to honor you as my special and powerful patron, and to do all in my power to encourage devotion to you.

Amen.

Saint Michael, the archangel, defend us in battle. Be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the devil, may god rebuke him, we humbly pray. And do you, O prince of the Heavenly host, by the power of God, thrust into hell Satan and all the other evil spirits who prowl about the world for the ruin of souls.

Amen.

**Look with favor, Lord God, on our petitions,
and in our trials grant us your compassionate help,
Amen!

J*esus, Please help Kat with having to bear this cross. Help her carry it by prayer and support of Catholics who can spiritually assist her. It is your will that "the two should become one". Please work through Kat to save her husbands soul. It is such a sacrifice but is one we all risk when we allow You to make us one with another who has also been born with original sin. There is no way any human will have the strength to carry a sacrificial cross of this magnitude, without divine assistance. May our reliance always be on You, Oh Lord. *

Kat, I am sure there is a patron saint who endured and spiritually triumphed through a similar trial. It would be worth doing the research and calling on his/her intercession.
In love and prayer,
Jayla

Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help, or sought thy intercession was left unaided. Inspired with this confidence, I fly unto thee, O Virgin of virgins, my mother.

To thee do I come, before thee I kneel, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the World Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in thy mercy hear and answer them. Please hear our Prayer to protect Kat's marriage.

O St. Mary,we pray this Prayer to Save Marriage through your name and in the name of Jesus Christ your son, - AMEN

The Lord’s lovingkindnesses indeed never cease,
For His compassions never fail.
They are new every morning;
Great is Your faithfulness.
“The Lord is my portion,” says my soul,
“Therefore I have hope in Him.”
The Lord is good to those who wait for Him,
To the person who seeks Him.
It is good that he waits silently
For the salvation of the Lord. Lam. 3:22-26

Dear God in Heaven,
You are the Creator of marriage and family, and we praise you and honor you for the many blessings that marriage has brought to us. Thank you Lord. We are so sorry to hear of the trials and temptations that have come before this couple, katrntogo and her husband. Help them to resist the wiles of the Devil and return to Your Ways. Please be with them both, to guide, instruct, and correct them in all their thoughts and actions. Please forgive us our sins. In Jesus' name, Amen.

Thank you all so much for your prayers & wonderful advice. I really need them at this time. I will keep trying & praying. He says its all his fault, that he can't keep his attractions under control but he doesn't want to control them is what I am feeling. Time will tell I guess & I guess this is probably a lesson for me but dang I wish it wasn't so painful. I have kept my temper & we try to talk thru things so that is major progress.

Thank you all so very much!

Praying hard.

In my first marriage my wife after 15 years of marriage decided to start going out and a lot of times it involved men. I was a supportive husband, helped with the kids, with the cooking, tried to be a good husband, but she lacked peace in her life. She did not seek God to fulfill her, so she looked at other ways. Pray for your husband to find the peace that only the Lord can provide.

I feel your pain and am praying for you.

God bless

O Sacred Heart of Jesus,
we place our trust in Thee,
Whatever may befall us ,Lord,
though dark the hour may be;
In all our woes, in all our joys,
though nought but grief we see,
O Sacred Heart of Jesus,
we place our trust in Thee!

Holy God,
Holy Mighty One,
Holy Eternal One,
Hear our prayers!

*Our Father who art in heaven,
hallowed be thy name.
Thy kingdom come.
Thy will be done on earth, as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
and forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us,
and lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.
Amen. *

Memorare (Prayer to Our Lady)
Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to your protection, implored your help, or sought your intercession, was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto you, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To you do I come, before you I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in your mercy, hear and answer me. Amen

Our Father who art in Heaven,
Hallowed be thy Name,
Thy Kingdom come,
Thy will be done on Earth-
As it is in Heaven.
Give us each day our daily bread,
And forgive us our trespasses,
As we forgive those who trespass against us,
And lead us not into temptation,
But deliver us from evil. Amen

Hail Mary full of grace,
The Lord is with thee,
Blessed art thou among women,
And blessed is the fruit of thy womb - Jesus,
Holy Mary - Mother of God,
Pray for us sinners now,
And at the hour of our death. Amen

Glory be to the Father,
And to the Son,
And to the Holy Spirit,
As it was in the beginning,is now-
And ever shall be,
World without end. Amen

Hail, holy Queen, Mother of mercy, hail, our life, our sweetness and our hope. To thee do we cry, poor banished children of Eve: to thee do we send up our sighs, mourning and weeping in this vale of tears. Turn then, Oh most gracious Advocate, thine eyes of mercy toward us, and after this our exile, show unto us the blessed fruit of thy womb, Jesus, Oh clement, O loving, O sweet Virgin Mary! Amen.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.