Please pray for my mental health.

2 weeks ago my primary care physician diagnosed me with anxiety and depression. He put me on a few medications and told me to come back in 2 weeks. Today, well technically yesterday, was my check up. It didn’t go well, AT ALL. The nurse came in asked me a few questions that I wasn’t allowed to elaborate on, just yes, no, sometimes, yada, yada. Well, afterwards, this nurse, told me that I’m going to need more than just meds. I lost it. I had a horrible panic attack. Like, to the point that a psychiatric nurse practitioner who is a Lt. Cdr, and the Lead Petty Officer of the Family Practice clinic came into my room. :eek:

I was sent to the ER. They evaluated me, I wasn’t allowed to be alone in my room, not even for my husband to go grab a snack from the gedunk. They discharged me and told me to head straight to a psychiatric hospital out in town. They did an evaluation and determined that I will start their “intensive outpatient/ partial hospitalization” program. Monday I will go to the hospital for a few hours and do so the whole week. They will then evaluate me to see if I need more, the same, or less intensive treatment.

Your prayers will be greatly appreciated. And pray for my husband, as well. Not only does he have a the stress of military life, working on his Officer Candidate School packet, he now has to deal with a wife that is being partially hospitalized with mental illness.

Thanks! :slight_smile:

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.
Amen.:angel1:

Praying an Our Father and Memorare for you and your husband…

Praying to St. Dymphna for you. It is all going to be just fine.

Our Father, Who art in heaven,
Hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come.
Thy Will be done, on earth as it is in Heaven. Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil. Amen.

REMEMBER, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help, or sought thy intercession was left unaided. Inspired with this confidence, I fly to thee, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother; to thee do I come; before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in thy mercy hear and answer me. Amen.

I am praying for you. Please remember who The Great Physician is. Our Lord who is always with us and strengthening us.

This prayer has helped me.

In every need, let me come to you with humble trust, saying Jesus Help Me.
In all my doubts and perplexities, Jesus Help Me.
When others fail me and your grace alone can assist me, Jesus Help Me.
When I throw myself on your tender love as savior, Jesus Help Me.
When I am ill and I am lonely, Jesus Help Me.
Always, always, in spite of weakness, falls, and shortcomings of every kind, Jesus Help Me and Never Forsake Me.

Jesus Never will forsake you. That’s a promise! Hold tightly unto him. He won’t let you go.

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.
Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.

Amen.

Praying that the Lord may strengthen you during this time. Also praying for your husband.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death. Amen

Thanks, y’all!

Hear us, O God, Our Saviour, as we honor St. Dymphna, patron of those afflicted with mental and emotional illness. Help us to be inspired by her example and comforted by her merciful help. Amen.

Praying hard to St Dymphna.

:gopray:

Amen.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Glory Be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit.
As it was in the beginning is now ever shall be world without end
Amen.

Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help, or sought thy intercession, was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto thee, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To thee do I come, before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in thy mercy, hear and answer me. Amen

:signofcross:

Praying to St. Dymphna for you and also when I pray the Rosary today. Trust in God and He will help you. God bless you and your family!

Hello -

Prayers lifted. I would be interested in learning more about this unfortunate situation. Example how long has this been going on? When did this start, was there a trauma involved in this situation which has caused this problem? Is this unexplained as to how this started? The reason is that this might be caused by spirits of infirmity.

Unexplained illness with no obvious medical cause
When medical testing produces no physical cause for an illness, then we should look to the mind and spirit for answers. Sometimes illnesses are psychological, and good counseling can result in a cure. Other times the battle is with demons. A scriptural example of this is found in Luke 13:11-16, the story of a woman afflicted by a “spirit of infirmity” (v. 11). Jesus called her “a daughter of Abraham, whom Satan has bound” (v. 16). Obviously she was a child of God and faithful to her synagogue, with a desire to know more about the Lord. Then, “Jesus … said to her, ‘Woman, you are loosed from your infirmity.’ And He laid His hands on her, and immediately she was made straight, and glorified God” (vv. 12-13). There are physical illnesses caused by a class of demons known as “spirits of infirmity.”

God Blessings to you.

Amen.

Amen.

I am praying that those in charge of your mental health will reevaluate you to make sure of what they say you need to be treated for.

Lord, have mercy on us.
Christ have mercy on us.
Lord, have mercy on us.

Christ hear us.
Christ, graciously hear us.

God the Father of Heaven,
Have mercy on us.

God the Son, Redeemer of the world,
Have mercy on us.

God the Holy Spirit,
Have mercy on us.

Holy Trinity, One God,
Have mercy on us.

Holy Mary, Queen of Angels, pray for us.

Saint Raphael, pray for us.
Saint Raphael, filled with the mercy of God, etc.
Saint Raphael, perfect adorer of the Divine Word,
Saint Raphael, terror of demons,
Saint Raphael, exterminator of vices,
Saint Raphael, health of the sick,
Saint Raphael, our refuge in all our trials,
Saint Raphael, guide of travelers,
Saint Raphael, consoler of prisoners,
Saint Raphael, joy of the sorrowful,
Saint Raphael, filled with zeal for the salvation of souls,
Saint Raphael, whose name means God heals,
Saint Raphael, lover of chastity,
Saint Raphael, scourge of demons,
Saint Raphael, in pestilence, famine and war,
Saint Raphael, angel of peace and prosperity,
Saint Raphael, endowed with the grace of healing,
Saint Raphael, sure guide in the paths of virtue and sanctification,
Saint Raphael, help of all those who implore your assistance,
Saint Raphael, who was the guide and consolation of Tobias on his journey,
Saint Raphael, whom the Scriptures praise: Raphael, the holy angel of the Lord, was sent to cure,
Saint Raphael, our advocate,

Lamb of God, Who takes away the sins of the world,
Spare us, O Lord.
Graciously hear us, O Lord.
Have mercy on us.

Christ, hear us.
Christ, graciously hear us.

Pray for us, Saint Raphael, to the Lord Our God,
That we may be made worthy of the promises of Christ

Lord, Jesus Christ, by the prayer of the Archangel Raphael, grant us the grace to avoid all sin and to persevere in every good work until we reach our heavenly destination, You Who lives and reigns world without end. Amen.

I have had trauma in the past. I was sexually abused one time as a child. I was 8 then, I’m 24 now. I would say that my symptoms started between a year and 9 months ago. They have progressively gotten worse. My husband is blaming himself because 13 months ago he deployed, but this wasn’t the first deployment and this time it was to a much safer place. Naturally I worried about my husband, but I worried much more the first go around. So I personally don’t think that my depression and anxiety was the cause of him being deployed.

You and your family will be in included in our prayer intentions everyday. Have faith the Lord is closer to you than ever, my wife suffers from anxiety, panic attacks and depression. Our 15 year old daughter spent 8 days in the hospital from 10/31-11/08/2013, she was being treated for mood disorders and the Doctor prescribed Ability which taken with Lexapro caused her to have constant temblors in her head and left arm for 5 days, at one point every 2 hours, even her legs and tongue non stop. Imagine having your child in that condition. We asked the psychiatrist at the hospital to evaluate her, and she suffers from panic attacks, anxiety and depression like her mother. We had to hit bottom to find her treatment, is different from her Mom and my daughter is back at school and doing well with her new meds. Anxiety feels like you are dying, you are not loosing your mind. Here in Miami I found a good Doctor at FIU that prescribes medications with few side effects. MY DAUGHTER and I will pray for you and your husband. He needs to understand your condition, with treatment you can have a good life. I almost lost my faith, I asked for prayers and Jesus NEVER abandoned us.
Many blessings

Praying…

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.