Please pray for my Nana

Hi everyone…

My Nana, an extremely devout Catholic all her life whom I love very much, suffered a stroke about a month and a half ago and and has been suffering from mild seizures ever since. They upped her medication dosage but she is currently not responding. My mom and I are so worried about her and extremely frustrated that our jobs and current money situation will not allow us to go out to visit her and be with her durning this time…(mom is is South Carolina, I am in Oklahoma and my Nana is in Colorado). She has been like this for over a month now and just when we think she is getting better she falls and/or has another seizure so we are terribly worried about her. If something really bad happens and I am not there to be with her or say goodbye, I’m not sure how I will handle it so please pray as hard as you can for her, offer Mass for her, etc. She has her family to pray for her but I would really appreciate it if as many people as possible would pray for her and all of us who are worried about her. I know we are not supposed to question why God does things or makes certain people suffer, but I just don’t understand how a healthy, loving, devout, God-fearing Catholic woman who goes to daily Mass and prays the Rosary everyday could suffer this way, but I suppose God knows best no matter what happens. I appreciate any and all support from all of you and keep praying! By the way, her name is Doris Little if you need a name to go with your prayer.
Thanks so much!

Heather

Praying very hard for your Nana.

Heavenly Father, please flow Your compassionate love on Doris and her family members
Mother Mary please intercede for them. Guardian angels and patron saints please pray for them

Dearest Lord, please comfort her daughter and granddaughter in their painful sorrow for her. :grouphug:

Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come. Thy Will be done, on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.
Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen

Lord I ask that You will encourage St Bernadette who suffered terrible health, Blessed Zelie Martin who died of breast cancer, Blessed Mary MacKillop who suffered years of ill-health, St Therese who died of tuberculosis, and all you numerous holy Saints who accepted their sufferings in prayer for others’ souls, in union with Jesus who was prure and innocent yet suffered cruely for the sake of souls’ salvation, please ensure that they pray for Doris

Our God, please relieve the suffering of our brothers and sisters, in illness, mental anguish or confusion, relationship troubles, and sickness or death of loved ones. Please give them loving companionship and understanding, and practical help where possible.

Dearest God, in Your plan of salvation, You permit our sharing in the suffering that You bore for our sins…in order to awaken repentance…in reparation for anyone’s offences…or to sanctify through affliction. Yet I entreat that sufferers may not endure an instant longer or of a degree more intense than needed. Where mine or another’s prayer and love can attain what is required, by calling upon the vast treasury of saints and martyrs, the intercession of angels, and Your own infinite merit—then Jesus I implore You to allow this.

You promise that no one will be burdened beyond endurance. Yet what extreme of sorrow can be endured beneath this limit! Pain is always relevant and a tormented moment may seem an eternity, as Jesus the supreme sufferer knows so well! Therefore, except where Your purpose is endangered, spare us the cup of suffering and allow mine and others’ salvation be wrought through divine grace, in prayer, in humble trust and generous love rather through anguish.

Yet, not as we desire, but Your divine will be accomplished! If this is to be fulfilled through suffering—for how can we in our sinfulness hope to escape what You in Your innocence do not—then please grant us perseverance in our privileged sharing in Your sacrifice.

United with You let us trustingly give all, so that sanctified in You, our lives serve the highest purpose of divine will. Lead us, with peace and spiritual joy, to penetrate the mysteries of this redemptive suffering shared in Jesus, our God and brother!

Our God, I will keep them all in my prayers and Masses always. Help me to pray the best I can for them, and please multiply my small loaves and fishes of prayer for whoever needs them.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death.

Amen.

For your family, especially your Nana-

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death. Amen

I will offer up my Mass tomorrow for your Nana. Also I will include your intention with my other rosary intentions daily. Also I will pray for her in my daily adoration time in front of Jesus in the tabernacle or in the Blessed Sacrament. Peace!

Dear Lord we pray for the health and recovery of Your servant in Christ, that she may find pain relief and cure to her seizures from all illness and fortify her with the strength to carry on, if it be Your will. Lord God, we pray for the comfort in mind of this family shall You choose to reclaim the soul of Your servant in Christ. the intentions humans want, and those that are needed are two different things, we know this Lord, but if You may look upon this woman with kindness and provide recovery, it would be very much appreciated, in love of You Lordwe pray, Amen

Mary1173:gopray2:

Praying for your Nana.

Praying for your Nana and all your family

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death.

Amen.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the Fruit of Thy Womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death
Amen.

closed #13

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.