Please pray for my nephew--wife cheated on him

Please keep my nephew and his wife in your prayers, would you? I started a thread in family section, if you want to know additional info, but suffice to say, my nephew found out yesterday that his wife cheated on him, plus she was arrested for a dui. I am so sad for both of them, not sure what they will do…he told my sister (his mom) that he doesn’t know how he can trust her again, and if he can get past this.:frowning:

Please pray that whatever happens, they will both grow closer to Christ through this situation. Thanks.

Praying for your nephew and his wife.

Praying for your Nephew and family…

So sorry WG, I read parts of your thread and very alarming…

Take care of your dear family…Thank God they have you in their lives…

Hail Mary, Full of Grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst women, and Blessed is the Fruit of Thy Womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now, and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Lord God, please heal the mind of this husband. Lord, I know from personal experience the pain a man experiences from the infidelity of his partner - please spare this man of the despair which we are tempted to enter into after such an event. Heal this marriage, Lord Jesus Christ, and help it to sustain, if You so will it. Lord, please also help this wife deal with any issues she may be facing with her consumption of alcohol or other drugs. Through the same Christ, Our Lord, I pray. Amen.

St. Monica, pray for us.

Praying…

Words don’t convey understanding of what your nephew is enduring and will go through.
He and his wife will be in my prayers, Masses, and Adorations.

Praying for your nephew, and for his wife.

my heart goes out to your nephew. we are asked to forgive our spouses, but that has to be the hardest act to forgive. i will keep him in my prayers and pray that no matter what he and his wife grow closer to God throughout their lives.

May Christ support us all the day long, till the shadows lengthen, and the evening comes, and the busy world is hushed, and the fever of life is over and our work is done. Then in his mercy may he give us a safe lodging, and holy rest and peace at the last.

Amen.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the Fruit of Thy Womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

Praying to god to heal your nephew’s wound.

Thank you everyone. I am praying for them to reconcile this…my nephew’s heart to mend, his wife to get help for her issues, and most importantly, for them to come back to a united faith in God. From what I know, they don’t go to church, or practice any type of faith. I have actually exchanged “religious” type email with her before, but it stopped a few months ago, on her part. I don’t begin to know anyone’s relationship with God, but just praying they cling to Christ, and do what He wills for them. Thanks, again. :o

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death.

Amen.

let us pray that the first priority is that they both find God and His Church. i have heard (i think from a priest) that it is almost impossible for a married couple to stay faithfully committed to each other without the grace given from the sacrament that it is. i probably worded that incorrectly.

will keep praying for them.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the Fruit of Thy Womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

Continued prayers…

I agree with you here! Thank you for your prayers for them. :o

still praying for them, whatevergirl. :grouphug:

praying for your intention.

Still praying

Eternal God, in whom mercy is endless,
and the treasury of compassion inexhaustible,
look kindly upon us, and increase Your mercy in us,
that in difficult moments we might not despair, nor become despondent,
but with great confidence submit ourselves to Your holy will, which is love and mercy itself.

Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come. Thy Will be done, on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.
Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners,
now, and at the hour of our death. Amen

St. Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle;
be our safeguard against the wickedness and snares of the devil.
May God rebuke him, we humbly pray.
And do you, O prince of the heavenly host, by the power of God,
cast into hell satan and all the evil spirits who prowl about the world seeking the ruin of souls. Amen.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.