please pray for my parents

I have informed them that I am “becoming Catholic.” What this means is that I will make every effort as soon as possible upon relocation per the specifications of my marriage settlement to join RCIA classes at my destination.

As I expressed in the thread “confusor,” I was giving over all the problem people in my life to Satan per an instruction I remember from somewhere in the NT.

But this is for church members, which my parents are not.

I fear I only strengthened Satan and their resistance to immanence.

I sent them an e-mail with the prayer to St. Michael Archangel and, of course, got a phone call from my mother the next day questioning my mental wellness, a veiled threat.

My father is baptised and, I believe, a Catholic, at least he attended a Catholic school, although he was baptised in the Anglican Church at first and fell prey to its rationalism. My mother proudly calls herself a heathen and we suspect she may have Jewish ancestry, not that that is a problem but I believe her family tried to “pass” for Anglican. This is all sheer speculation. All I know is that neither her mother nor she were baptised and therefore neither were I or my brother, my much younger sister was, at the interdenominational church we somewhat paradoxically attended when I was young. She was fortunate to be living at home with my parents and part of the community at the appropriate age, while I went, unbaptised, to a Protestant Church-based boarding school and developed a complex about religion.

I do not want my parents to interfere with my decisions in general and especially this very personal and important one.

I have learned the prayer “Hail Holy Queen” and sent it to them in the e-mail in which I informed them. I hope that my mother will understand from this prayer something about the reality of, how can I say it? the whole Biblical truth, which she referred to at one point as “fiction” and really thought that she was saying something true! She is an avid reader of “fiction.” I pray she reads this particular “fiction,” as she discovered recently discovered that my grandmother, who died, kept a Bible, and understands the difference.

For her mental wellness and my father’s healing from the damage from the stroke, which led, I believe, to his losing his discernment.

Please pray. I love my parents, and will be relocating nearer to them, and hope for a massive restoration and healing in my family.

Lord God, I lift up to You lynnehelen’s parents. Touch their hearts, minds, and souls that they may be open to the message You are giving them through their daughter lynnehelen. Bless lynnehelen always as she shares her new found faith with her family. Keep her strong and confident in her desire to come home to the Catholic Church. Bless her with a steadfast faith in You so that she will never lose hope in any struggle that may come her way. St. Michael, protector and defender, pray for her and her family. Amen.

Dear Friend,

Very glad to pray for you.

***Holy Michael, the Archangel ,
defend us in battle .
Be thou our protection
against the wickedness and snares of the devil .
May God rebuke him, we humbly pray ;
and do Thou, O Prince of the Heavenly Host ,
by the Divine Power of God, cast into hell ,
Satan and all other evil spirits,
who wander through the world ,
seeking the ruin of souls .
Amen .

Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary,
that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection,
implored thy help, or sought thine intercession was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto thee, O Virgin of virgins,
my Mother; to thee do I come, before thee I stand,
sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate,
despise not my petitions, but in thy mercy hear and answer me.
Amen.:highprayer:***

I will pray for your situation and your parents to come to the Truth.

I will pray a Chaplet of conversion and a rosary for them… May God always bless and keep you, as you continue the Journey!

Thank you, Lord, for the good news about Lynnehelen and RCIA and for blessing Lynnehelen! May nothing get in the way of her becoming Catholic. Please convert her parents and help them to know and love you, and help them to embrace the holy Catholic faith. Thank you, Lord, for hearing my prayer.

I admire you for your courage in just cooly informing your parents abnout your religion. I’m going to have to tell my family about my own desire to become Catholic at some point, and I’m not looking forward to their reactions!

Lord, please open the hearts and minds of Lynnehelen’s parents, so that they will receive her decision with respect and understanding. Amen.

***Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death.

Amen***

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.