Please Pray for My Puppy

A few weeks ago, we took in a beautiful little stray Jack Russell puppy (Lucy) that the neighbors found. They tried valiantly to find her owner to no avail. They were going to call animal control and as I couldn’t stand to see the sweet little thing possibly be put to sleep, I said we’d take her.

Overall, she is doing well but over the last few days she has developed diarrhea. I really think it’s just that we gave her too many treats the first day we bought them for her but I’m worried because I know diarrhea can be serious in puppies. However, she has a good appetite, plenty of energy and seems fine in every other regard.

The problem is, I really do not have the money to take her to the vet this week (we have already probably spend over a hundred dollars we didn’t intend to spend just getting her flea treatment, a kennel for in the house, toys, food, collar, leash, etc.). We are going to take her to the vet ASAP for shots, etc. It’s just going to be very hard to do it now. Obviously if she gets worse I’ll have to work it out somehow.

I am treating her with every home remedy for doggie diarrhea I know and she seems a bit better but I could just use prayers for the poor little thing and for me to be patient in helping her, training her and helping her to fit into the household. She is very boisterous and seems to have separation anxiety every time I leave her sight.

I know she can be a great pet with some time and patience. She is super smart, so loving and just the happiest little thing ever. She really is a blessing.

Thanks so much for your prayers.

Amie

Will say a quick prayer to St Francis for your dear pooch…They are indeed great blessings…

***+JMJTJ+

Lucy will be in my prayers.***

Eternal God, in whom mercy is endless and the treasury of compassion inexhaustible, look kindly upon us, and increase Your mercy in us, so that in difficult moments we might not despair, nor become despondent, but with great confidence, submit ourselves to Your Holy Will, which is Love and Mercy itself. Amen

God bless you +

With my prayers -Joe

will pray for your puppy
grandma glor

:gopray2: :gopray2: for your dear little friend from me…

BeluvdLily, I sent you a private message (& an email). Please let me hear how Lucy is.
Thanks, and still thinking of you and Lucy.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.