Please pray for my self medicating friend in hospital today

We asked our priest for advice re marriage or remaining platonic friends, she has borderline personality disorder. I had to call for an ambulance as she had overdosed on sleeping tablets mixed with alcohol to try and fix her insomnia (again). She could have died and I am still worry as she is not over the danger yet. I visited her in hospital and she was confused and angry with me for calling the emergency services and not understanding her and she called me something I will not repeat here as I left. The priest says her illness might mean platonic friendship is best. At moment though I am calling for prayers for her recovery this evening and overcoming insomnia in the long term without the need for these potentially lethal cocktails of self medicating medications. Thanks.

Praying for her recovery journey and your friendship. There are times when we are uncertain about what to do. That’s a good time to hand it over to God.

Thanks I appreciate your prayers and advice.

Prayer to St. Jane Frances de Chantal

O Glorious Saint, Blessed Jane Frances, who by thy fervent prayer, attention to the divine Presence, and purity of intention in thy actions, didst attain on earth an intimate union withGod, be now our advocate , our mother, our guide in the path of virtue and perfection. Plead our cause near Jesus, Mary and Joseph, to whom thou wast so tenderly devoted, and whose holy virtues thou didst so closely imitate. Obtain for us, O amiable and compassionate saint the virtues thou seest most necessary for us; an ardent love of Jesus in the Most Holy Sacrament, a tender and filial confidence in His blessed Mother, and like thee, a constant remembrance of His sacred passion and death. Obtain also, we pray thee, that our particular intention in this novena may be fulfilled.

St. Jane Frances, pray for us.
St. Dymphna, pray for us.
Amen.

Thanks God Bless you I was feeling alone on this and all prayers help.

Offering prayers for both of you…
**+
*O most beautiful Flower of Mount Carmel, Fruitful Vine, Splendor of Heaven, who brought forth the Son of God still remaining a Virgin, assist us in this necessity. O Star of the Sea, help us, and show us that you are our Mother.

O Holy Mary, Mother of God, Queen of Heaven and earth, we humbly ask you from the depths of our heart to help us in this necessity. There are none who can withstand your power. O show us that you are our Mother.

O Mary, conceived without sin, pray for us who have recourse to thee. Sweet Mother, we place this cause in your hands. Amen*

I’m praying.

:gopray:

Praying for your friend’s recovery and that God will comfort and strengthen her in mind, body and spirit.

Offering prayers for your friend’s recovery and for God to give you the gift of discernment for His will in your life, particularly as it pertains to this person.

Praying for your friend’s health & recovery.

Pater Noster & Ave María.

Praying…

Remember,
O most gracious Virgin Mary,
that never was it known that any one who fled to thy protection,
implored thy help or sought thy intercession,
was left unaided.
Inspired with this confidence,
I fly unto thee,
O Virgin of virgins my Mother;
to thee do I come,
before thee I stand,
sinful and sorrowful;
O Mother of thy Word Incarnate,
despise not my petitions,
but in thy clemency hear and answer me.
Amen

Hail Mary, full of grace,
The Lord is with Thee;
Blessed art thou among women,
And blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God,
Pray for us sinners,
Now and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Our Father,
who art in heaven,
hallowed be thy name;
thy kingdom come;
thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread;
and forgive us our trespasses
as we forgive those who trespass against us;
and lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Remembering you and your friend in my daily prayers. God bless.

Just thought I’d get back and share with all you who were charitable in praying for us, to thank and let you know my friend phoned me in the morning asking me to take her home, she is well thanks be to God, and not hating me now, so I say a big thank you your prayers helped me last night and the outcome is thankfully good. We are still friends and I am hoping and praying she never medicates in a dangerous way again. God Bless you all.

[INDENT][INDENT]Prayer of St. Dymphna

Lord, our God, you graciously chose St. Dymphna as patroness of those afflicted with mental, emotional, and nervous disorders. She is thus an inspiration and a symbol of charity to the thousands who ask her intercession.

Please grant, Lord, through the prayers of this pure youthful martyr, relief and consolation to all suffering such trials, especially 123me’s friend.

We beg you, Lord, to hear the prayers of St. Dymphna on her behalf. Grant 123me’s friend patience in her sufferings and resignation to your divine will. Please fill her with hope, and grant them the relief and cure she desperately needs.

We ask this through Christ our Lord, who suffered agony in the garden. Amen.

:gopray2:

[/INDENT][/INDENT]

Dear 123me,
I’m glad things are improving, AND that you are a true friend. We all need someone being truthful with us at times… sometimes especially when we don’t want to hear it!

I hope real healing has begun. Stay prayerfully strong!

your sister in Christ…
praying!

Gracious and merciful Father, please come to her assistance.

Our Father, who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.
Thy kingdom come, thy will be done, on Earth as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
and forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.
Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Glory Be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit.
As it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end.
Amen.

Thank you for sending the update! Prayers continuing for you both…
**+
O most beautiful Flower of Mount Carmel, Fruitful Vine, Splendor of Heaven, who brought forth the Son of God still remaining a Virgin, assist us in this necessity. O Star of the Sea, help us, and show us that you are our Mother.
O Holy Mary, Mother of God, Queen of Heaven and earth, we humbly ask you from the depths of our heart to help us in this necessity. There are none who can withstand your power. O show us that you are our Mother.
O Mary, conceived without sin, pray for us who have recourse to thee.
Sweet Mother, we place this cause in your hands. Amen

Prayers continuing for you both…
**+
*O most beautiful Flower of Mount Carmel, Fruitful Vine, Splendor of Heaven, who brought forth the Son of God still remaining a Virgin, assist us in this necessity. O Star of the Sea, help us, and show us that you are our Mother.

** O Mary, conceived without sin, pray for us who have recourse to thee. *
Sweet Mother, we place this cause in your hands. Amen

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.