Please pray for my severe back pain today

I don’t normally ask for prayers for me specifically, but would you please pray that God heals my back pain quickly? I was diagnosed with two herniated disks in my neck years ago, and things have been pretty good. Maybe if I sleep weirdly, the pain in my neck will creep back…but this back pain…is wow. I am at work, just got here, but was contemplating staying in bed all day today. Walking around helps a bit, but I have to walk like super-straight…not hunched at all, or the pain is really unbearable.:frowning: :frowning:

Please pray that God heals me soon. It’s hard to drive, and hard to get dressed, etc. It came on me like all of a sudden.:confused: I am trying to back track to see what I did this weekend…I exercised, power walked…but didn’t lift weights or anything. I have a tempurpedic overlay on our mattress, and that has been a great support for my neck/back troubles. I don’t weigh too much, so it’s not like it’s weight related. It’s mind boggling, and painful!!! :bighanky:

Please pray for me to be healed soon. I have a business trip this week, just a one dayer, but still…to be in this much pain, it will be hard to travel!!

Thank you everyone.

The possibly only positive thing that has come from this today, is that I layed in bed this morning, thinking about how Jesus carried a cross for so long, so far…after He was beaten and scourged for hours. In so much pain, He still persevered.

It was the one vision that enabled me to get up this morning. It wasn’t easy, but with God, all things, even making it through unbearable pain, are possible.

I’m glad this is helping you make it through your day, and I’m sure Jesus is so pleased that you are uniting your suffering to his.

Praying that your pain will go away and that in the meantime you will continue with the great attitude you have. :thumbsup:

Praying for your healing.

I’ll pray for your healing and relief from back pain. I hope you get comfortable soon.

Whatevergirl, you are in my prayers. My sister had surgery this past May for a Herniated Disc in her neck. She is doing great now, but I know the terrific pain she was in. I have a Bulging Disc in my back that flares up whenever I have done too much lifting or bending & I have had a Herniated Disc in my back, that actually healed itself (I didn’t know that was possible) so I can relate to your suffering. Has your Dr. ever discussed surgery with you? Sorry to hear that you are in pain. Feel better soon. Hugs & prayers coming your way:hug1: :gopray2: .

Thank you for your reply. Years and years ago…maybe 7 years ago, when the disk pain in my neck was really bad…(it was caused supposedly from wearing high heels too much, and carrying a heavy laptop for my job) the ortho surgeon discussed surgery, but he felt because my neck was sort of on the small side…he didn’t want to take a chance. He said the MRI and xrays looked nothing short of someone who had been in a terrible car wreck!:eek: :frowning: Meanwhile, I had never been in one. It is sort of mind boggling that my neck was that bad, having had no trauma.

Anyways…years have gone by, and I’ve been fine. I exercise…and even when I weight lift, I am not in pain like today. I did however do a lot of walking over the weekend, both for exercise, and then in shoes that are not for walking…I’m wondering if something twisted…and now a disk is ‘off’ in my back. It feels like someone needs to push something back into place – ugh!

It’s actually a little scary…when I turn a certain way, it almost feels like the wind is being knocked out of me.:frowning:

I really don’t need this!
I’m glad to hear that yours healed itself!! Good for you…praise be to God.:o

Thank you for your prayers…and everyone, thank you, as well!!

**[FONT=Georgia][FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium]
[FONT=Georgia]†JMJTJ†

You will be in my prayers for your healing.

Eternal God, in whom mercy is endless and the treasury of compassion inexhaustible, look kindly upon us, and increase Your mercy in us, so that in difficult moments we might not despair, nor become despondent, but with great confidence, submit ourselves to Your Holy Will, which is Love and Mercy itself. Amen

***God bless you †*[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

prayers for you. I understand your pain. I have multiple bulging discs in my neck and find it very difficult lying on a pillow. I am careful about my posture, even as I sleep. I hope you will heal and find comfort.

kate

Praying. Hope you feel better.

Thanks everyone…I can’t believe how much pain I’m still in. :frowning: My dd read today’s mass readings to me, as I lay on the floor…you know, they say that can sometimes help pop something back into place. Nope. Not tonight. :frowning: It feels like the pain is radiating through my pelvis–argh! My dh is working tonight, but suggested a hot bath…I’m so stiff, I’m afraid I won’t be able to get out of the tub on my own, you know? Like if I jerk a certain way, I feel…stuck. I don’t get it.:bighanky:

Your prayers are soooo very thoughtful and appreciated. I can’t thank you all enough.

LORD Jesus
Heal UR Daughter

Thank you everyone, prayers seem to be working. I am a teeny bit less stiff today…but, it still hurts. More than it should. I don’t get it.:bighanky:

I appreciate your prayers more than you know.:o

I am sorry to hear about your back and neck pains , you will be in my prayers and Rosary prayer intentions.
Heavenly Father, giver of Life and Health , help whatevergirl to recover completely from her illness ,through Jesus Christ , our Lord and Saviour , Amen

Our Father…Hail Mary…Glory Be…
Amen

Prayers for you to get better, whatevergirl.

:signofcross:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.