Please pray for my sibling

My sibling has been having a very tough time in their life. They are depressed, and so they don’t feel loved. Also, they keep saying that nobody listens to them, but we do, and I don’t understand what to do to convince them that we are. I’m worried they will hurt themselves, and I feel as if my prayers aren’t working. Will you please pray for my sibling? Even one simple prayer is enough. Thank you.

Lord, please help Deirdra’s siblings to know that they are truly loved and are being listened to. May they always feel you close to them in their lives and turn to you when they feel misunderstood or not listened to. May they keep faithful and grow closer to you and each other every day and grow into the men and women of yours that you desire them to be. Thank you, Lord, for hearing my prayer. Amen.

praying this prayer in the name of your sibling:

Confidence in God’s merciful love

Our God, You command that I forgive and rightly cherish myself. Like many people in human history, I often find it difficult to sincerely and consistently love the ‘self’ that I find mirrored in my consciousness. I know that You can bring me to appreciate the miracle and privilege of my existence!

How can I refuse to love what God loves! You treasure me, as You love and treasure each unique, human person that You create. Yet I need much grace to love this betrayer of my true being and purpose, myself! I betray Your loving creation of me by failing to be fully ‘the person I am created to be’.

You love each person so much that it led to the incarnation of Your divine Son, and to His redemption of humankind. Jesus is Your response to my betrayal of my destiny and me. Yet frequently I am unconvinced or indifferent before these astounding gifts of divine love for me and for every person!

Please give me grace to value each person as Your beloved and eternal gift. Inspire me with faith and gratitude for the gift of myself, for the lives of dear ones and of all people. Grant that these human gifts are shaped by Your love to become everlasting gifts to You, and through You, eternal gifts to each other person.

Through Jesus, You taught us that cheerful, loving mutual service of others leads to fulfilment of Your creative will. Therefore, give me grace to faithfully say ‘yes’ to Your loving purpose by active respect and charity to others and me. Delight Yourself in me by forming me into the unselfish, joyful, helpful and prayerful person You dreamed me to be for You and others’ souls for time and eternity.

To remind your sister of what God tells us about her importance and value, when Jesus says, not just ‘love others’ but

‘Love others…as yourself’

Jesus when You command us to love others as ourselves, You require something more challenging than simply to “love others.” The embedded touchstone in that command is “love your self.” Help us therefore not to be uncharitable to ourselves.

Many people lack proper self-esteem, making it difficult for them to genuinely value others. However, Scripture exhorts, “value yourself at your proper worth. Who can justify a man who runs himself down, or respect a man who despises himself.”[Ecclesiasticus 10:28-29] If we do fail to love ourselves correctly, we cannot accept God’s love. Let us never imagine ourselves hidden from Your mercy*: ‘“Can anyone hide in a dark corner without my seeing him?’ asks the Lord.” *[Jeremiah 23-24]

The concept of rightly loving oneself in order to love others as God’s precious children may be confused with the selfishness that ruins unselfish self-love. It requires us to reject negative self-talk and responses. “If a man is mean to himself, to whom will he be good?” [Ecclesiasticus 14:3].

Growth in Christian self-love is facilitated by *“filling your mind with **everything that is true, everything that is noble, and everything that is pure and good” *[Philippians 4:8] and serving “in works of love.” It is allowing the Spirit to direct your life and then “you will be in no danger of yielding to self-indulgence. What the Spirit brings is…love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, trustfulness, gentleness and self-control.” [Galatians 5:13, 16, 26, 22-23]

Jesus, help us to fittingly love ourselves. You do not wish us to disparage ourselves but to see ourselves as loved, forgiven children of God. A poor self-image may compare to our perception of ‘clouds’. To observers, clouds appear to be impressive, substantial and tangible. However, within themselves the clouds seem damp, insubstantial and misty.

Jesus, let us not belittle ourselves in comparison to others because of our personal uncertainties and inadequacies. Let us live in sincere acceptance of self, that unique gift of Your creative love. help us to see ourselves as loved children of God. Jesus, help me to know that You really love me so that I can love You and love others truly.

Father please help this person know and respond to Your love and purpose

please help Deirdra’s siblings

HAIL HOLY QUEEN

Hail, holy Queen, Mother of mercy, our life, our sweetness, and our hope! To thee do we cry, poor banished children of Eve. To thee do we send up our sighs, mourning, and weeping in this valley of tears. Turn then, most gracious advocate, thine eyes of mercy toward us; and after this, our exile, show unto us the blessed fruit of thy womb, Jesus. O clement, O loving, O sweet Virgin Mary!

(V) Pray for us O holy Mother of God. ® That we may be made worthy of the promises of Christ.

Amen.

May our LORD bless them, and shine his light upon them! ICXC NIKA

Praying for your sibling:gopray2:

God is always listening to your prayers so don’t think that there not working. I’ve been praying for my big sister for a long time but not much has changed, but I know God has a special plan for her.

prayers of course!
but i will also say it sounds as though they are seriously depressed… OR there are problems you do not see… or both.
in any case getting some professional counseling (someone not in the middle of it) should be helful.

if you are seriously concerned they may hurt themslelves then even more so

Praying for your sibling and the rest of your family for understanding …

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Father please grant Dierda’s sibling a stong sense of self as a loved child of God;
and grant means for this person to live and flourish in dignity and opportunity, and in love of God above all and of others.
I ask this in the name of Jesus who obtained salvation for Deirdra’s sibling, and made them child of the kingdom of God.

Deirdra, I ask Jesus to grant your prayers for your sibling.
I have a sister who used to feel as she does.
It took time, but she's the most active and positive person now, working hard for the good of her community.
I ask You, Lord, to bring about the same for Deidra's sibling, please Lord.

closed #12

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.