Please pray for my sick kitty

My dh has just taken my precious 12 year old cat to the vet. He isn’t eating well and is lethargic. He was my first “baby”, and I am really struggling. Please, please pray for healing if it is God’s will, and please pray for peace for my family. I have been so upset that I am having difficulty preparing for Christmas. Thank you all so much.

Krisy

I pray that your kitty be ok, and that you and your family have the strength to deal with this. I also pray that you will be prepared for Christmas and can rejoice to the fullest.

~~ God Bless.

I thank God that this little companion has given you joy for so many years, and ask God to help you in all the trials of your life, as in this painful trial also.

krisy:heart: :console:
i’m truly so sorry beyond words, krisy, that your cat is suffering, and that you are struggling as well. i don’t truly know what to say, as i’ve never had any pets that i’ve been close with, but please know that i will pray for you and keep you, your cat and your pain in my constant thoughts and deepest prayers, beginning with this one—

Heavenly Father, i lift up krisy to You now, in the hope and prayer that, if it is Your perfect will, her cat may be completely healed and restored to perfect health. i also pray for peace for her family, especially during this glorious season preceding the triumphant birth of Your precious Son, and i pray that You may heal and restore krisy, pouring out Your Love and blessings, peace and hope upon her, that she may be able to prepare for Christmas with joy, hope, peace and light filling her to overflowing. thank You, Lord, for hearing my prayer, that i trust You will answer in Your Own perfect time and way, according to Your perfect will. may Your will be done, Lord. i ask this in the mighty Name of Jesus through the glorious intercession of Blessed Mary, and ask all the angels and saints to pray with me for krisy’s intention. thank You, Lord—we love You. i love You with all that i am and have. Amen, in Jesus’ Name.

krisy, i hope and pray that i was able to bring you comfort, hope and peace in at least some small way. please stay strong, please stay safe and please take care of yourself. i am, again, so sorry, especially that you’re having difficulty enjoying this season and preparing for Christmas. i will continue to pray this tonight and every night, and keep you in my constant thoughts. i pray that God will bring you peace, and that you will have a glorious, incredible Christmas, with your heartache healed and your cat restored to perfect health by your side. God bless you, krisy—and please know that if you ever need anything at all, i am always here and will always care, so please don’t hesitate to contact me.

love,
in the peace and love of Christ,
alison xx

Prayers to St Francis for your pet. God Bless…take care…

I wanted to update everyone who prayed for my cat. I prayed for and received a Christmas miracle on the morning of Christmas Eve. My cat has an unidentified infection (strange since he is strictly an indoor cat), and he is on antibiotics, but he is improving daily. I am so grateful for all of your prayers, and I hope everyone has a blessed Christmas season and New Year. Thank you!

Krisy

Praying to St. Anthony of Padua (a patron saint of small animals) and St. Francis of Assisi (another patron saint of animals) for your cat. :signofcross: :gopray2:

Update:

We received some devastating news today. It appears that my cat has a tumor on his intestines. We’ll need to do exploratory surgery to see if it can be removed. If the answer is yes, it will be done immediately, and my “baby” is expected to live a normal remainder of his life. If no, then they will put him to sleep on the table. I am crushed. Please pray for my family during this time. I am falling apart, and I have two amazing kids to homeschool. Thank you so much.

Krisy

I’m so sorry to hear about your cat, I have had a lot of cats in my life, I’ve had them for years as a child and they die… it’s horriable, and I will pray that your cat recovers from the surgery, and I’ll pray for your family as well.

Hi Krisy,
Pets are wonderful companions, there’s nothing like a love for a pet.
From one pet owner to another, your family and you cat will be in my prayers that this surgery will be the answer and a success!

Hail Mary full of grace the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou amongst women
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus
Holy Mary, Mother of God
pray for us sinners now
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Praying the Prayer Of St. Francis Of Assisi for your beloved cat family member.

Lord, make me an instrument of your peace,
Where there is hatred, let me sow love;
where there is injury, pardon;
where there is doubt, faith;
where there is despair, hope;
where there is darkness, light;
where there is sadness, joy;
O Divine Master, grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled as to console;
to be understood as to understand;
to be loved as to love.
For it is in giving that we receive;
it is in pardoning that we are pardoned;
and it is in dying that we are born to eternal life. Amen

Praying!

I want to thank everyone who prayed for my precious Picasso. He passed away this afternoon. Please pray for me to find peace as I deal with this immense loss. He was my constant companion for nearly 13 years, and I am devastated. Thank you so much.

Krisy

Krisy, I understand your loss…you are included in my prayers.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.