Please pray for my sister, her husband and their son

Please pray for my sister and her husband, as they are philosophically leaving the Church, along with many others at this time of great cultural change. They are the godparents of my eldest and I don’t know if they will be able to fulfill their promise to live as examples, in accordance with the teachings of the Catholic Church. They are both becoming ever more resistant to the Church’s traditional teachings on family and sexuality.

Praying hard.

Praying[FONT=Palatino Linotype]…

[/FONT]+

*O most beautiful Flower of Mount Carmel, Fruitful Vine, Splendor of Heaven, who brought forth the Son of God still remaining a Virgin, assist us in this necessity. O Star of the Sea, help us, and show us that you are our Mother.

O Holy Mary, Mother of God, Queen of Heaven and earth, we humbly ask you from the depths of our heart to help us in this necessity. There are none who can withstand your power. O show us that you are our Mother.

O Mary, conceived without sin, pray for us who have recourse to thee. Sweet Mother, we place this cause in your hands. Amen.*

Praying for your sister & her family.

Welcome to CAF, Bzzzd. May God hear your prayers.

Our children and family love and faith

Heavenly Father, in Jesus’ name, please give us unconditional love for each other. Let us be sensitive to each other’s needs, and ready to make allowances for each other’s weakness or disposition. Help us to interact courteously and honestly, without fear of rejection. Let us encourage each other to develop our talents and potential. Help us lead each other to goodness and wholeness, through mutual encouragement and kindness.

Where it is beneficial, give us wisdom to correct each other lovingly and firmly, without harsh criticism that damages relationship and self-esteem. Give us wisdom not to be reactively unkind or restrictive, or opposed to change that may enrich anyone’s lives. Help us to forgive others when they hurt us, and to repent our own offense to anyone. Forgive our failures in prayer, penance and witness towards others, and supply what is lacking with fullness of life in You.

God please form our children into true Christians. Inspire them to desire and love You and to consecrate themselves as delightful channels of Your goodness. Develop and enhance their gifts, so that each grows in wholeness and holiness. Preserve them from sin, but make them aware of Your great mercy.

If our loved ones abandon Your Church, please restore them quickly to Sacrament and divine truth. Through Your Spirit, enlighten those who doubt You, ignore You or are lukewarm. If their absence is protracted, please nevertheless fulfill Your will in them.

Through their journeying, allow them to bring new gifts into our midst. Please always watch over them and their families in all their needs and endeavors.

Thank You for Your love of them, which infinitely exceeds our own. Please always guide and protect them.

Jesus may we walk with You. Let Your promises be fulfilled in our lives for Your honour and for others’ blessing. Use us for Your purposes. Let Your Holy Spirit guide and empower us with gifts to serve You and people for You. God, let us love each other with Your love.

Praying…

Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary,
that never was it known
that any one who fled to thy protection,
implored thy help
or sought thy intercession,
was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence,
We fly unto thee, O Virgin of virgins my Mother;
to thee do we come, before thee we stand, sinful and sorrowful;
O Mother of the Word Incarnate,
despise not our petitions,
but in thy mercy hear and answer them. Amen.

Saint Michael, the archangel, defend us in battle, be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the devil, may God rebuke him, we humbly pray. And do you, O’ Prince of the Heavenly host, by the power of God thrust into Hell Satan and all the other evil spirits who prowl about the world for the ruin of souls.

Amen.

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.

Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread.

And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.

And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.

Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.

Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.

Amen.

Praying for your family…

The St. Philomena Novena

Dearest St. Philomena, your prayers are powerful because you are so close to Our Lord. Your child-like faith and devotion are an inspiration to all of the faithful. Many miracles have occurred as a result of your intercession. In your closeness to Our Lord, please lift up these my intentions in prayer…

St. Philomena, at such a young age, you gave everything to Jesus to become a consecrated virgin for the Kingdom. Giving even more, you gave your life as you suffered a martyr’s death to preserve your gift to our Lord. Pray for me, that I might have the same faith and willingness to accept God’s will no matter the cost.

Amen.

Gracious and merciful Father, please come to their assistance.

Our Father, who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.
Thy kingdom come, thy will be done, on Earth as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
and forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.
Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Glory Be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit.
As it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end.
Amen.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.