Please pray for my sister; I'm trying to show her the truth of the Immaculate Conception

God has opened my Protestant sister's heart to many truths of the Catholic faith and I can see that He has her on the road to Catholicism. He has shown her that Mary is the Ark of the Covenant and the Mother of all Christians. However, my sister's heart is still hard toward Mary's Immaculate Conception. Please pray for her that this, and all other objections she still has to the doctrines concerning our Holy Mother, might disappear, crushed under Jesus' foot.

Lord, please open my sister's heart to the truth of the Immaculate Conception and teach her this great and profound mystery of the Christian faith. St. Louis de Montfort, St. Bernadette, and Holy Immaculate Conception, please pray with us. Amen.

Oh Mary conceived without sin, pray for us who have recourse to thee.

Praying for your sister's conversion ...

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

I would recommend having her study our Lady of Fatima and Lourdes.

Thousands of people witnessed the miracle of the sun at Fatima.

When she appeared to Bernadette at Lourdes, she said, "I am the Immaculate Conception". Bernadette was not a religious scholor and that dogma was just beginning at the church so the experts concluded that Bernadette couldn't have made it up.

Also, the numerous healings and miracles at both Lourdes and Fatima are well documented.

Peace,
John Marie Philomena

Praying for your sister.

Friend,

Lifting you and your sister in prayer.

If your sister enjoys movies ... "Story of Bernadette" may provide assistance.

Peace,
Kathleen

I am simply content to find myself always imperfect, and in this I find my joy. Good deeds count as nothing, if done without love" ~ St. Therese of Lisieux

Praying for the Holy Spirit to guide her.

Thanks very much for all the prayer support you guys are making for her! I deeply appreciate it :).

John and Kathleen, I've thought about sharing the story of Bernadette with her. I found a beautiful article about Bernadette's life on EWTN. I hesitate because it includes several concepts my sister might have a little trouble relating to, such as the way of the cross that was so obvious in Bernadette's life. Protestants often don't emphasize the great value of suffering, they don't talk about "victimhood" at all, and my sister might not understand all she's seeing or reading. The very foreignness might put her off.

I'm thinking I'd like to share things like Lourdes and Fatima with her after she's more open to the truth already, through theological dialogue and especially our prayers, for prayers reach the heart while ideas, reason and evidence simply reach the mind. I bought 13th Day and plan to watch it with her, but after she's more open to the ideas it presents. She has to be open to the idea that such things could be good and part of God's will before she'll take the next step and accept them as true.

I also have some good scriptures to discuss with her, pertaining to the Immaculate Conception, but she has to be open and see such a thing as a positive good if it happened before I can have any chance of convincing her that it did happen.

Prayer is the best thing I or any of the rest of us can do for her, and I firmly believe our prayers will be answered. I'll also have more theological dialogue with her to try, through the Holy Spirit, to clear away misconceptions she's accumulated in her time in Protestantism about what's most fitting and appropriate for Mary.

The Immaculate Conception is probably going to be her biggest theological hurdle and that's the one I'm praying for her to leap, through God's powerful grace and love :).

Thanks so much for your continued prayer! We still need it. It is the only answer to the whole problem because God is the only One Who can reach hearts.

Immaculate Conception, I recommend Lief's sister to you. Please open her heart to all the truths of the Church and help her to accept you as the Immaculate Conception. Thank you, Mother. Amen.

My sister has now accepted the Church’s doctrines about the Communion of Saints, a huge step. The Immaculate Conception remains her big roadblock toward Catholicism, though. She still needs prayer to accept that teaching.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.