Please pray for my situation

I was unfaithful to my husband. I have confessed to him, and he had forgiven me. But I am now feeling lost, alone, and afraid. This other person promised me the world, and gave me nothing but sorrow and grief in return. I gave him a piece of myself, including some my innocence. I feel shattered. During this period in which I was seeing this other person, I felt that my relationship with the Lord had changed. It felt fake and forced.

Please pray that I get through this dark tunnel of despair, and return on the right path. Pray as well that I have not contracted any illnesses.

Lord, I am so glad this woman confessed to her husband that she had an affair. Now she can heal from the horrible experience. She doesn’t feel good and her faith feels like it is suffering. That is understandable. She fell and has injured herself badly and now she and her husband have to go through a healing period of their open bleeding wounds. May this woman find comfort in discussing her feelings with a good and holy priest and have someone to help her deal with her feelings. May she devote a good chunk of time every day to prayer, even if she doesn’t feel like praying. It would be perfect if she could get to an adoration chapel and spend time with you in the Blessed Sacrament. If she can get to Mass everyday that will help her tremendously. Prayer and reception of the Blessed Sacrament will help her so much, Lord. Help her to see this. Please let her know she has friends in us at CAF and can always ask us for prayers (and advice on the other forums). May she read good spiritual books and use this time to grow more than ever in her Catholic faith and become a saint. Amen.

Dear HurtbutChanging,
Welcome to CAF. You and your family are in my prayers. Trust in Jesus’ Divine Mercy, and you will be able to forgive yourself. The Lord’s blessings on all your endeavors. Keep your chin up, we’re praying for you.

:crying: Crying with and for you my dear- I know the feeling. God’s name is MERCY. May He be with you and give you peace. God loves you soooo much. I pray that you feel His unending, unconditional Love. God be with you and your husband. If I could hug you I would. God Bless.

I will pray for you. You have a great courage in presenting your situation in such a public way. The bottom line is that you realize the sin, and are sorrowful for it. You have learned a great valueable lesson by the experience and have been shown the great mercy of God, within this realization.

You have experienced, first hand, what the residual result of sin is, which is a blessing in and of itself. Remember that great outcomes manifest themselves through such difficult experiences, whether they be of a nature as yours was or of something else. God Bless You.

:signofcross:
"For me prayer is a surge of the heart, it is a simple look towards Heaven,
it is a cry of recognition and of love, embracing both trial and joy."

• Saint Therese of Lisieux **
    The
    Our
    Father **
    *. . . for thy child and her family . . . ***

Our Father, Who art in heaven,
Hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come.
+ Thy Will be done, on earth as it is in Heaven. +
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil. Amen.

The Memorare
Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary,
that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection,
implored thy help or sought thy intercession was left unaided.
Inspired with this confidence, I fly unto thee,
O Virgin of virgins, my Mother.
To thee do I come, before thee I kneel, sinful and sorrowful.
O Mother of the Word Incarnate,
despise not my petitions,
but in thy mercy
hear and answer them. Amen.
- St. Bernard of Clairvaux

[RIGHT]. . . all for Jesus+
*. . . thank You Blessed Lord +
. . . thank you Blessed Holy Mother Mary+
. . . thank you Blessed Holy Mother Church+
*[/RIGHT]

*You didn’t mention whether you have gone to confession for absolution . . . that is an absolutely necessary step to the cleansing, healing and restoration process of your soul . . . and of your relationship with our Loving Heavenly Father and for your family relationships . . . and it might be helpful to ask your priest for some reading materials and some Sacred Scripture to strengthen your walk with God during this recovery time . . . and after confession you can regularly partake of the Holy Eucharist . . . which Holy Food will be marvelously strengthening for your wounded weakened soul . . .

God sweetly bless and guide you into His wonderful pathways and provisions . . . *
[RIGHT]. . . all for Jesus+
. . . Holy Mother guide this child of thine+[/RIGHT]

Well said…I admire your comment and prayers.:angel1:

Dear HurtbutChanging,
I just prayed for you covering for all those things you requested. Now that you’ve repented and confessed allow the Holy Spirit help and heal your heart and marriage. You are very courageous.

Rove

You are in my prayers sister. May God lead you and your husband to glory (whatever good that may be).

Cling to Christ even in doubt, darkness, and despair, for it is good to do so. Remember His cross. The brightness of the morning is coming if you do! Remember His ressurection.

Always try to remember the good of God (the Good), no matter how many imperfect things (objects, pleasure or feelings) try to trick you into thinking they are Him. And remember, love is more a will to do good (for the object of love) than a feeling.

God bless you for your repentance,
and your husband for his forgiveness.
May God help you to forgive yourself and to heal from the violence you have done to yourself
Jesus forgave the Magdalan, and in the end she stood by the cross when eleven of His twelve strong companions had fled in fear and were absent when He needed them most, and it was she whom He commissioned to inform the eleven that he was risen.

Peter and the others had to forgive themselves for their betrayal of the holy kind Lord. But He readily forgave them

I ask Jesus to help you work with all you heart and effort to be a good, loving and unselfish wife to your husband. You were selfish like the apostles and thought only of yourself, just as the apostles were selfish while Jesus was tortured amd murdered, only worrying about themselves…

…but then they gave all they had to the Lord, and they lived and died in generous love.

Mary of Magdala and apostles of the Lord, please pray for HurtbutChanging and her husband, for a true and blessed marriage.

Hail, holy Queen, Mother of mercy;
our life, our sweetness and our hope. To
thee do we cry, poor banished children of
Eve: to thee do we send up our sighs,
mourning and weeping in this vale of tears.
Turn then, most gracious Advocate, thine
eyes of mercy toward us, and after this our
exile, show unto us the blessed fruit of thy
womb, Jesus, O clement, O loving, O sweet
Virgin Mary. Pray for us, O holy Mother of
God that we may be made worthy of the
promises of Christ. Amen.

I need to get to confession, stat! That is the one thing that I have yet to do.

Thank you all for your prayers. I hope God will show me mercy, and see me through this horrible ordeal that I have created.

Hi HurtbutChanging,
Praying for you, your husband and family. Praying that Jesus and Our Lady give you all the courage and help you need to get through this difficult period in your life.
Catherine.

Yes.
Run to the merciful arms of the Heavenly Father and let Him heal you
. :heart:

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners,
now, and at the hour of our death. Amen.

God bless you for your repentance, God is waiting for you.

Our Father, Who art in Heaven, hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come, Thy will be done, on Earth as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.

Amen.

Hail Mary, Full of Grace, The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women, and blessed are the fruit of thy whom Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.

Amen.

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the Fruit Of Thy Womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
Amen

Thy Kingdom come.
Thy Will be done, on earth, as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
As we forgive those who trespass against us.
Amen.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now,
Amen.

Praying hard for you.

Thy Kingdom come.
As we forgive those who trespass against us.
Amen.

Amen.

In prayer for deep and lasting healing for you and your marriage.

Thy Kingdom come.
Forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

and at the hour of our death. Amen.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.