Please pray for my son and daughter!

Please, please pray that God will strengthen the bond between my son (Michael) and my daughter (Diana). Right now as I submit this desperate plea for prayer, I am deeply troubled. It's breaking my heart to hear them both getting into such horrible fights, please ask God to touch my son's heart (as he is the oldest) and to soften his heart towards his sister. I am helpless, cause I can't reason with my son. I am making as many Novenas as I can. I'm desperately praying for God to intervene and to bring peace within their hearts, so that there will be love and loyalty in their hearts for one another as siblings.

Teresa.
(Heartbroken)

[quote="teresapartridge, post:1, topic:178409"]
Please, please pray that God will strengthen the bond between my son (Michael) and my daughter (Diana). Right now as I submit this desperate plea for prayer, I am deeply troubled. It's breaking my heart to hear them both getting into such horrible fights, please ask God to touch my son's heart (as he is the oldest) and to soften his heart towards his sister. I am helpless, cause I can't reason with my son. I am making as many Novenas as I can. I'm desperately praying for God to intervene and to bring peace within their hearts, so that there will be love and loyalty in their hearts for one another as siblings.

Teresa.
(Heartbroken)

[/quote]

Teresa, prayers and novenas are fine. You do not give the ages of your children, whether they are juveniles, adolescents or adults. In any case, however, it sounds to me as though a well-chosen clinical psychologist who specializes in family issues could be of help to your children and yourself.

Please consult your pastor in this regard.

Heavenly Father,

Please touch this family with your love and peace.

in the name of Christ our Lord

Amen.

Praying hard.

I will surely pray for them both. And I will pray for you, that you may have the wisdom to know what steps are necessary for you to take as a parent. How old are they?

Praying that your children get along more peacefully ...

Hail Mary
Full of grace
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary
Mother of God
pray for us sinner now
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

I don't know how old they are Teresa, but I've seen quite a number of siblings who fought like cat and dog for a period, and came through it to be best of friends.It seemed to be a stage. My boys were 17 and 19 months apart, so rivalry ran high at one stage, and it was just awesome when they graduated to what they called D&M's which meant deep and meaningful conversations. And sometimes now they are incredibly generous to each other.
Please have hope.

Lord, please help Teresa's son and daughter to begin to have sensible and empathetic understanding of each other, and grow into mutual respect.
Lord please give peace to the members of Teresa's family.

Hi,
My son is 29 and my daughter is 24. He really does not have any time for his family. He promised to sponsor his father and me, so that we could and make our home with him in Australia, (in fact, I’m visiting him right now) but he does not seem to be willing to do anything to process our papers, all his does is promises, but he does not follow upon his promises, this is why my kids fight. My daughter does not like him to make empty promises to us as his parents, he need to be up fron and tell us whether he wants us in his life or not. It is very heartbreaking for me to realise that he may not want us with him after all. His sister does not live with him, she used to, but he started making her so miserable that she moved out and now she’s happier. I’m just praying that God will strengthen the bond between them,
May God bless you.
Teresa.

I'm Australian, Teresa.
I'll pray for your wish to be here near your son and daughter.
If your son has reservations about anything I ask the Lord to help him sort them out lovingly and fairly. Perhaps later your daughter will be in a position to sponsor you out here.
I ask You heavenly Father to grant both loving and geographical unity in this family.

Hi,, Trishie, I've been trying to send you this mesage, will try again
My son is 29 and my daughter is 24. He really does not have any time for his family., in fact I think he's ashamed to acknowledge as his family. He promised to sponsor his father and me, so that we could and make our home with him in Australia, (in fact, I'm visiting him right now) but he does not seem to be willing to do anything to process our papers, in fact, he'e hardly ever around even though I've come here to visit from a distant country, all his does is promises, but he does not follow upon his promises, this is why my kids fight. My daughter does not like him to make empty promises to us as his parents, he needs to be up front and tell us whether he wants us in his life or not. It is very heartbreaking for me to realise that he may not want us with him after all. His sister does not live with him, she used to, but he started making her so miserable that she moved out and now she's happier. I'm just praying that God will strengthen the bond between them, next month, by this time I will be back in to where I came from, and this makes me sad, because I know that I WILL NEVER GET THE CHANCE TO VISIT MY KIDS AGAIN! I may NEVER SEE THEM AGAIN! which is why I was hoping that this visit of mine would be filled with happy memories for me to remember in my heart, but it's not!:

Thank you for your thoughtfulness and kindness.
May God bless you.
Teresa.

Teresa I don’t know why your PM failed unless it went over the allowable number of words, in which case you might need to send two messages. Try my email address if all else fails…under contact info on my profile. I should be online for an hour or two before Mass, as Mass is at nine a.m. in my parish tomorrow. My State, is an hour out of sync with the rest of the eastern states where daylight saving will have you already at 10 a.m. As I’ll then be out much of the morning I hope to hear from you before Mass as I am concerned about something you mentioned, apart from the overall problem.

I’ll be praying for you, your husband and your son and daughter at Mass and Communion in the morning.

Lord, I ask Your comfort for Teresa, and the members of her family.
Please help Teresa’s son and daughter to begin to have sensible and empathetic understanding of each other, and grow into mutual respect.
Lord please give peace to the members of Teresa’s family.

Lord Jesus please give peace and healing, and loving resolution, to the members of this family. Help them to develop their relationships in loving, wise, healthy ways.
Thank You, Jesus

closed #14

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.