please pray for my son

This son is so difficult. He has had many opportunities and has numerous talents and at 22 he is in his second college that he wants to quit. He lies to me. He doesn’t work. He calls me for money all the time. My spiritual advisor tells me to meet his physical needs in an unconditional manner but do not tolerate his verbal abuse. I reach out to him and ask him to go for counseling. This is a struggle. He is a junior. I want him to finish the college out so he will have the necessary credentials to work. Please pray for my sanity in this and my forgiveness of his behavior. Please inspire him with wisdom and patience. Inspire my words as well. I am so fed up with him and his antics.

Praying for you and your son. Saints and angels in Heaven, especially those who have been mothers and those who have strayed in life, please pray for this mother and son.

I pray that the Good Lord lays his healing hands down on you and your son and leads him in the right direction. God bless!

As the mother of 2 sons, both in college, if either of them were lying to me, let alone verbally abusing me, the physical support would not be unconditional. It would cease to exist. Setting boundaries on this boy is probably the biggest favor you can do him right at this moment. If YOU want him to graduate more than HE wants to graduate, there’s a problem. HE needs to own his life, or he’s got you over a barrel for the rest of your life. If you can get to the library, get a copy of this book as soon as possible. It might have a different cover (blue and green with a wall).

It is good that you are fed up. It means that you are ready to establish healthy boundaries and he is going to grow up. Not a moment too soon!!!

Prayers for you!!!

Prayers for you and your son!

***Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death.

Amen***

Praying for you both.

I am truly sorry for the difficulties you and your son are facing, especially in your relationship with one another. While this certainly does have spiritual dimensions, as does everything, I would ask you to also look at this situation psychologically. Could there perhaps be a deeper reason why your son has repeatedly quit college and exhibits his other behavior? Does he have reasons for doing so, and have you discussed it with him in a calm, open manner? Or is he open to that? I understand that the situation is difficult for you and that you only want what’s best for your son, and I hope these issues can be resolved peacefully.

I pray that you may be strengthened through this trial, that you may remain in charity and familial love with your son, not allowing these issues to permanently damage your love for him. I also pray that your son can be more kind and respectful towards you, especially refraining from lying to you and verbally abusing you, and that whatever issues your son has with himself can be resolved so he can have a secure, healthy and holy life. I ask for the intercession of the Blessed Virgin Mary, your and your son’s guardian angels, and St. Dymphna, patron saint of family happiness. God bless. :slight_smile:

St. Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle
Be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the devil
May God rebuke him, we humbly pray, and do thou
O Prince of the Heavenly Host, by the power of God
Thrust into Hell, Satan and all the evil spirits
Who prowl about the world, seeking the ruin of souls.
Amen.

I pray that he finds his way and God guides him with love and mercy! :gopray:

Our Father, Who art in heaven,
Hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come.
Thy Will be done, on earth as it is in Heaven. Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil. Amen.

:gopray:

May God give you strength to persevere in this trying situation!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.