Please pray for my suffering friend

Hello all,

A younger friend of mine (only 18) is losing her mother to cancer. Her mother has been sick for a few years now but I guess today she took what my friend described as an irreversible turn for the worse, and will be dead probably within the week if not the day. I myself lost my mother at an even earlier age, so I am trying to do all I can to comfort her and tell her how everything she is feeling is valid, normal, and a healthy part of the process of losing a close loved one. She is not terribly religious (nominally Catholic), but I know she needs to feel the love and comfort of God and know that the hearts of His people are with her, her mother, and the rest of her family at this time. Please include her and her family in your prayers. Thank you.

:grouphug:
I was her age when my mother died, therefore have some idea of the loss your friend faces. Please tell her we feel for her, and though it may not be much comfort to her in such a radical and distressing loss, we’re praying for her.

Prayer in Physical Sickness

Saint Jude, I have not the strength to pray as I ought. Nothing is able to give me any relief. My courage is faltering, impatience and loneliness are clouding my mind and my heart. Obtain for me, Saint Jude, the courage and resignation to accept all these trials from the hand of God with faith and patience. If it is for the good of my soul, grant that I may recover my former health so that I may be of assistance to others.

Prayer for Special Request

St. Jude, glorious apostle, faithful servant and friend of Jesus, the name of the traitor has caused you to be forgotten by many. But the Church honors and invokes you universally as the patron of difficult and desperate cases.

Pray for us who are so miserable. Make use, we implore you, of that particular privilege accorded to you to bring visible and speedy help where help was almost despaired of. Come to their assistance in this great need that they may receive the consolation and help of heaven in all their necessities, tribulations and sufferings, particularly – that even in this desperate and seemingly hopeless situation amongst us on earth, that you as you have before reverse this affliction of the mother who is so dear to her daughter and all around her, through the special favour you have with God intercede for this dying woman – and that they may praise God with you and all the elect throughout all eternity. I promise you, O blessed JUDE, to be ever mindful of this great favor. I will honor you as my special and powerful patron and encourage devotion to you. AMEN.

Remember, St. Jude is recognized by the Catholic Church as the patron saint of hopeless cases, when things are dire, he works best. Let us pray.

I’m so sorry for what she is going through. She is already blessed to have you as a friend. I will keep her and her family in my prayers.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death.
Amen.

I have asked for the intercession of the Blessed Mother for her and her mother.

Praying for her and her family.

God bless,
Ut

Prayers for the family.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death.
Amen.

Lord, dzheremi’s friend is losing her mother to cancer. I pray Lord that this friend may feel close to you at this time. Do not let her despair. This friend and her family need you, Lord, please help dzheremi to continue to be the support that her friend needs. Lord. I also pray for the mother who is suffering. Give her the strength to battle this. Your will be done. In Jesus name I pray. Mother Mary, please pray for this intention.

dzheremi, I will continue to pray for your friend and her family (and for you too). God bless and thank you for posting this.

Will pray for all involved in this very sad situation.

+JMJTJ+

I too lost my Dad (when I was 13) from cancer; he was sick 5 years; it’s tough…especially for a young lady to lose her MOM!

She and the family will be in my prayers that the Holy Family will sustain and console them.
May St Joseph assist her Mom in a peaceful death.

Eternal God, in whom mercy is endless and the treasury of compassion inexhaustible, look kindly upon us, and increase Your mercy in us, so that in difficult moments we might not despair, nor become despondent, but with great confidence, submit ourselves to Your Holy Will, which is Love and Mercy itself. Amen

Hello all,

Unfortunately I have some sad news to share. It is through tears that I am writing the news that my friend’s mother died this morning at about 3:00 a.m. I just got off the phone with her a minute ago. She called about an hour ago to break the news to me. She cried. I cried. I shared many rambling and I’m not quite sure helpful anecdotes about my mother’s death and the time surrounding it, and she contrasted them with what she is experiencing. I hope I was helpful to her, and can continue to be so in the future.

Thank you all so much for your prayers. They mean so very much, and even though the physical event is over, I will continue to read and remember them, and draw strength from them. Great is our Lord, whose kingdom is enriched by one more of his most treasured creation today.

Lord,

Grant peace and comfort to those who mourn and also bring child home to your kingdom.

Amen

+JMJTJ+

They will all be in my prayers for their strength and peace during this difficult time.
May her Mom rest in peace.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.