Please pray for my uncle who was diagnosed with leukemia

His diagnosis has been quite a shock to our family, and we found out today that it is not one of the more treatable forms like they thought at first, but actually a more difficult type to treat. He also has developed pneumonia in the past couple days.

It sounds like he will be undergoing intensive chemo and a bone marrow transplant, and that he will be in the hospital for at least a month.

Since his newest grandchild is scheduled to be delivered on Wednesday, we are all hoping that they will be able to use stem cells from the cord blood to treat him. They are going to try, but there is only a 25% chance that it will be a match.

Please pray for his recovery and that they will be able to give him the most effective treatments.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

+JMJTJ+

These intentions will be in my prayers.

Eternal God, in whom mercy is endless and the treasury of compassion inexhaustible, look kindly upon us, and increase Your mercy in us, so that in difficult moments we might not despair, nor become despondent, but with great confidence, submit ourselves to Your Holy Will, which is Love and Mercy itself. Amen

Dear Lisa, I ask God to grant all the urgent prayers and hopes of your love for your uncle.

Dear Lisa, I will say a Rosary today for your uncle and keep him in mind all day during my prayers. God Bless You and Your Family.:signofcross: :grouphug:

Prayers promised

Thank you for all your prayers, please keep them coming. He and his wife have been comforted knowing that many people who they don’t even know are praying for them. It sounds like he will be miserable for a while, and his family is also having a hard time with it. While everyone sounds optimistic, I am not sure whether it is genuine optimism or if they are just trying to give him hope, but like I mentioned earlier it is apparently not one of the easily treated types.

Please pray also that God will provide for them financially, since they are both out of work while he is undergoing treatment.

I will provide updates when I am able to as information becomes available, and I will continue to pray for everyone on this forum.

Continued prayers …

:gopray:

Hail Mary full of grace
the Lord is with thee
Blessed art thou among women
and Blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus
Holy Mary mother of God
Pray for us sinners now and
at the hour of our death.
Amen

Thank you for your continued prayers.

The latest news I have is that he and my aunt will have to be away from their home and their jobs for 7 to 8 months instead of 1 month like they originally thought, since they can only go a certain distance from the hospital when he doesn’t have to be there. Pray that they will survive this financially and that they will still have their home and jobs to return to.

On a more positive note, I also found out that they made the diagnosis just in time, and that God must have been looking out for him all along because if he hadn’t gone to the doctor with those initial symptoms when he did, its likely he wouldn’t be with us. Ok so maybe that didn’t sound so positive the way I worded it, but I hope everyone understands what I meant.

My prayers are being offered up for your uncle and aunt.

Praying for your Aunt and Uncle.
grandma glor

Praying very hard to St. Peregrine for his complete recovery!

Praying for healing for your uncle and the strength for his family to get through this difficult time.

Thank you for continuing to pray for them.

The latest I’ve heard is that he was able to leave the hospital for a couple days and they’re staying with their daughter since she is very close to the hospital. He will have to go back soon for more chemo but for now at least he can have a chance to see his grandchildren. I think after he has another round of chemo they’re going to give him a bone marrow transplant. Please continue to pray for them.

Continuing in prayer

“Eternal Father, I offer Thee, the Wounds of our Lord Jesus Christ to heal those of our souls”.
“My Jesus, pardon and mercy, by the merits of Thy Holy Wounds”.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.