Please pray for my uncle

My dad just called me a few minutes ago to tell me that my uncle, who has been having tests this past couple of months has just been told he has bowel cancer and they can do nothing for him, he has been told that he has to Christmas.please will you pray for him as i fear the only way he will deal with this is through alcohol.This has been a terrible year for our family, my dad’s other brother has also been diagnosed with cancer and at the minute is having treatment for it, please God he will be ok.My brother has been diagnosed with a liver disease were his immune system attacks his liver he is also on treatment (steroids and anti rejection med) from March and the hospital are still trying to keep it under control.I’m sure my dad feels numb, he is the eldest in his family (76) he has already lost 2 brothers, his only sister died when she was 2,my dad is a man of few words but we know he is hurting. Please keep my family in your prayers. God bless and thank you

Pia I left my computer for some minutes because all that your family is going though is so overwhelming. I did wonder about your brother, how he was, and I didn’t contact you though I thought of it. I blame myself for that.

Jesus I ask You to take Pia, her uncles, her brother, and her Dad, deep into Your heart.

I’ll keep your family and you in my prayers and Masses.

Please keep in touch about everything.
Love, Trishie

Hail Mary, full of grace. The Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death. Amen. :crossrc:

Pia,
My prayers go up to Our Lord for His Peace for your family, especially your uncle & your father.
Dear Jesus please grant this family Your Healing & Your Love.

Our Father, which art in Heaven
Hollowed be thy name
Thy kingdom come, thy will be done
On earth as it is in Heaven

Give us this day, our daily bread
And forgive us our trespasses
As we forgive those who trespass against us

Lead us not into temptation
But deliver us from evil

Amen

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with Thee.
Blessed art Thou among women,
and Blessed is the Fruit
of Thy Womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

Pia, I hope your family is doing ok. Please know that I am praying for you. I have lived through similiar circumstances.

Our Father, Who art in heaven,
Hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come.
Thy Will be done, on earth as it is in Heaven. Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil. Amen

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death.
Amen.

Glory be to the Father,
and to the Son,
and to the Holy Spirit.
As it was in the beginning,
is now,
and ever shall be,
world without end.
Amen.

This post made me cry inside as I read it. My heart goes out to you, pia. Lord, bless this family and help everyone come to know you in a most special way. Help pia’s uncle to turn to you and not towards artificial means of dealing with his pain, like alchohol. May someone get him to church and to healing services, even if he only receives healing of his spirit. May pia’s brother and other uncle be healed and go to healing services with their other dying relative. It would be so nice to have them all be healed, Lord, at least healed of anything bothering their spirits. May pia and her father find in Jesus a rock and refuge to get strength and more love to offer from. These sick and suffering souls need love. May pia and her father have your love, Lord, flowing through them so perfectly that the sick people in this family find the comfort of our very Lord, Jesus, in their presence. Amen.

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the Fruit Of Thy Womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

Thank you all for taking the time to read my post and for you prayers for my family, it has been a terrible year for us especially my dad but God is good. Trishie my brother is doing good although he is still on the steroids and anit rejection meds, his levels should be 50 but are sitting at 200 they did go up to i think 260 and that is why they put him on the anit rejection med which he is still on but thanks be to God they came back down to 200 but we need them to come down to 50 which is the normal level, but compared to what they were when he was first admitted to hospital (3000) he does not have far to go but it seems to have sort of come to a standstill at 200 but we are all so thankful that they have not gotten any worse. Trishie thankyou so much you are such a kind and caring person.

Ready thank you for your prayers and kind words, we just found out that there is a glimmer of hope for my uncle he will have an operation and then chemo although where the cancer is is not good and the operation may just prolong his life.As for were he stands with going to church i know he used to go but not sure about now on the other hand my other uncle who is going through chemo at the minute is such a Godly man and gets strength from his faith. My brother had not been to church since he was a teenager but since his illness he has been more open to talking about God and what he believes, I took whatever opportunity i could get when he was on his own to guide him in the right direction by asking him what his take was on things relating to our faith and then explaining what the church teaches and why and he is accepting of these explanations, he has told me he has been to mass on occasion since coming out of hospital i was so happy to hear this, i also gave him some cd’s of talks by Father Larry which i enjoy listening to but he has a long way to go and i worry that because his illness is under control as such, that he will not be as open to having a relationship with God as he was earlier on in his illness but i live in hope. Thankyou all and God bless

You never know, Pia.
My brother David was outside the Church for many years, but suddenly he returned in heartfelt conversion and depth…and within a month he unexpectedly died. God called him back in time.

I’ll keep praying for your brother and your uncle, and I’m sure your prayers are of huge benefit, even if you don’t see it yet, and even if only in heaven.

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come,
Thy will be done, on earth, as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread;
Forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us.
Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit,
as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners now
and at the hour of our death. Amen

Trishie losing your brother i’m sure was terrible but it must have been such a comfort to you when he died knowing he had returned to the Church and had made his peace with God. This is what i want for my brothers one who no longer believes in God and the other two who believe but have their own ideas on how to live their lives outside the Church.My sister left 21 years ago and joined her husbands evangelical church i long for them all to return home along with their families, as i said before i live in hope and with God nothing is impossible. I remember talking with my sister years ago and she asked why God would send her in one direction (evangelical Church) and me in through the Catholic Church, i could not answer her then, but over the years as i have become stronger in my faith and belief in the one true Church, (she is very much aware of this) i have come to the conclusion that this happened for a reason and that was to bring us both fully to him within the Catholic Church. Last year for her birthday i gave her a book on the early Church Fathers but i know she has not read it. As far as she is concerned the Church is manmade/organisation and nothing more. My dearest wish is for them all to return and i Pray some day soon they all will. God bless

LORD Jesus
Heal ur Son

I’ll pray for them with my family. There was a time when three of my four sisters were outside the Church. All came back. Three brothers are still to return, so I’ll keep your siblings with prayer with my brothers.
I guess, you’re your family’s Joseph Old Testament), sent to prepare for that time when your siblings come to join you. It’s hard, isn’t it. It hurts.
Love, Trishie

The prophets intercede with God for their people

Our God, I emulate Moses and Abraham in praying for my dear ones, for the Church, for priests, and for numerous others throughout the world, whether or not followers of Jesus or members of His Church.

This temporal world obscures the spiritual world, thus many good people sincerely do not believe in You. Life is complex and challenging, as the people of Abraham and Moses knew. They turned aside from a God who seemed unresponsive to some of their genuine needs for security and progress. A natural human response is to move away from pain of hope in God and religion. The Jews desired a manageable, tangible God, as even do some of Your modern followers.

When You sent Moses back to the people, determined to bring Your wrath against them for displacing their God and Rescuer with a statue, Moses argued with You to spare them. Moses, scripture tells us, was ‘the humblest man on earth’, yet he won in the argument for mercy, and Your wrath therefore did not come against his people. They remained the chosen people of God.

Like Moses and Abraham, I humbly bargain for the eternal happiness of my dear ones, and of all benevolent unbelievers. In their sincere choices to be considerate in the relationships and events of their lives, they effectively choose to stand with the sheep at the last judgement—that yardstick by which Jesus, Your beloved Son, measures charity. I plead the judgement story of Jesus for my dear ones and for all unbelievers who offer kindness to others.

Bless and flood them with Your love, goodness and truth. Bring them to love and worship You. Let them merit a final judgement with the ‘good sheep’. Transform them into the image of Christ, following His path. Restore anyone whom they have wounded or failed. Grant that they live the Gospel in love and forgiveness.

Thank You for the beauty and goodness in the lives of my dear ones and of all persons. Thank You for the love and service they give others and therefore Yourself, even where they are unconscious of this union in Your love. March 2005

You and your family are in my thoughts this morning. God Bless.

thanks txzimmer

For your uncle, and for all your intentions for your loved ones.

Our Father who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy name
Thy kingdom come.
Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
Forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us,
And lead us not into temptation but deliver us from evil. Amen

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit
as it was in the begining, is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners now,

Cast your cares on the LORD and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous fall.
Psalm 55:22

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come,
Thy will be done, on earth, as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread;
Forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us.
Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit,
as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen

Blessed art thou among women
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners now

Our Father, which art in Heaven
Hollowed be thy name
Thy kingdom come, thy will be done
On earth as it is in Heaven

Give us this day, our daily bread
And forgive us our trespasses
As we forgive those who trespass against us

Lead us not into temptation
But deliver us from evil

Amen

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.