Please Pray for my Unemployed Friend

My dear friend is out of work. He has a family to support, a house to pay for and just had to ask the church for assistance in order to keep his electricity turned on. :frowning: Please pray for him, for confidence in job interviews, for potential employers to see his worth and hire him quickly. Please pray for his dignity as he faces having to ask for charity. Please pray for the support of his wife, and his family. Please pray for his mental wellbeing…that he remains strong, doesn’t become discouraged or depressed and is able to stay focused on his goal during this crisis.

I will keep your friend in my prayers. It is certainly scary times out there…I thank God for the resources He has given to my husband and me, and yet, I still sometimes worry. I will pray that your friend listens to God’s will in this, and follows the path that He puts him on, with finding a new job. I pray that he will trust in God’s Divine Providence. When Jesus asked the Apostles to cast their nets one more time (remember that passage?) they looked at him, puzzled…dismayed…confused (thinking, we haven’t caught anything all day!). But, they followed Jesus, and alas, they could barely pull the nets up, there was so much fish to be had. I find myself thinking about that passage daily, almost. I think about it before I head into work, and I give the day’s events to the Lord, knowing He will provide OUR NEEDS. So, same holds true for your friend. God isn’t quite finished with the ‘catch’ yet, but it’s coming! I will be praying for your friend, fervently. God bless you for being a dear friend to him, in his time of need. :o

Father,

I pray for this friend, and I also pray for all the people who are seeking jobs, Lord please help these people find jobs, not only for money to pay bills and food but, also for their mental well-being. In Jesus’ name we pray, AMEN!

Praying for your friend. May God provide for their every need. I am saying a novena to St Josemaria Escriva for work. I will include your friend.

Diana, your request says it all.
Dear eternal Father, in the name of Your Son who lived as a human amongst humans and needed foood, clothing, and shelter, please grant this prayerful request for this man. As far as we know, Jesus Your Son initially supported himself by the carpenter’s trade He learned from Joseph, but later, He relied on the charity of others, as His pupose was now to teach the gospel and to fulfil His mission. But this man and others like him have serious responsibilities to provide for their families, more than charity allows. Please hear the pleading of his desperation and anxiety, and that of others in his situation. Father have mercy and hear his prayers. and ours for him.

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come,
Thy will be done, on earth, as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread;
Forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us.
Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit,
as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners now
and at the hour of our death. Amen

Good morning, and thank you to everyone who is praying for him. There is strength in numbers and the kneelers in my Adoration Chapel have my knee prints permanently implanted there here recently. I truly believe he feels the kindness and love shown by everyone. May the Lord’s Peace be with all of you.

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the Fruit Of Thy Womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

Hail, holy Queen, Mother of mercy;
our life, our sweetness and our hope. To
thee do we cry, poor banished children of
Eve: to thee do we send up our sighs,
mourning and weeping in this vale of tears.
Turn then, most gracious Advocate, thine
eyes of mercy toward us, and after this our
exile, show unto us the blessed fruit of thy
womb, Jesus, O clement, O loving, O sweet
Virgin Mary. Pray for us, O holy Mother of
God that we may be made worthy of the
promises of Christ. Amen.

Praying hard to St. Joseph.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.