Please pray for my wife and I.

Hi. I asked me wife to forgive me about some things from the past before we became married.

In fact, she doesn’t want to let it go. She doesn’t want to hear what I have to say on the matter and to give any explanations in case she takes things the wrong way or has a misunderstanding, and she wants to go to a marital counselor.

She told me she is disgusted with me and does not respect me. This means she has contempt for me in our relationship. She also told me she doesn’t love me anymore and she might hate me and that she doesn’t want to let go of the wrongs, and wants to see what the counselor says.

She told me there is nothing else I can do, and when I pursue a discussion, she tells me I’m annoying and doesn’t want to hear anything more. So it means she is stonewalling me.

She told me she is only remaining married out of duty for our son. I asked her if she is using her job as an escape from our marriage, and she said maybe. That she wants to work and doesn’t expect anything from our marriage even before we became married. She told me her work is more important. When I broke down in tears, she didn’t respond.

I don’t know what to do except to pray and fast; see the counselor as she suggested and bring this up to you.

Somedays none of this comes up, but she has had these two major issues about me since the time before we became married and it has affected our relationship ever since.

I decided to fast and pray. And some days I’m not planning to eat anything now and some days just rice and water. I told her before I went to work I was going to resort to fasting just on rice and water, and prayer.

I don’t want my marriage to fail. I wish she could move on from the past and forgive me.
So I need prayers. Even though we’ve tackled these past issues before and talked about forgiveness and moving on, it seems is have trouble letting the past go and has lost her love for me as a result.

I’m really down about this. Really, really, really down.

I feel I’ve lost my desire to eat entirely, and just want to starve.

I am sorry things are difficult for you and your wife. :hug1:

Praying.

Praying for the intentions of you, your wife & your family.

Hail Mary full of grace the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death. Amen.

St. Joseph, pray for CyrilSebastian, his wife and their marriage. :gopray:

Saint Michael, the archangel, defend us in battle, be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the devil, may God rebuke him, we humbly pray. And do you, O’ Prince of the Heavenly host, by the power of God thrust into Hell Satan and all the other evil spirits who prowl about the world for the ruin of souls.

Amen.

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.

Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread.

And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.

And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.

Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.

Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.

Amen.

For Help in Trials

Most holy apostle St. Jude, faithful servant and friend of Jesus, the name of the traitor who delivered your beloved Master into the hands of His enemies has caused you to be forgotten by many. But the Church honors and invokes you universally as the patron of hopeless cases–of things despaired of. Pray for me who feels so hopeless. Make use, I implore you, of that particular privilege accorded to you of bringing visible and speedy help where help is almost despaired of. Come to my assistance in this great need, that I may receive the consolations and succor of heaven in all my necessities, tribulations and sufferings, in particular (Cyril Of Canada and his wife), and that I may bless God with you and all the elect throughout eternity. I promise you, O Blessed St. Jude, to be ever mindful of this great favor, and I will never cease to honor you as my special and powerful patron, and to do all in my power to encourage devotion to you. Amen.

I’m so sorry you are in such emotional pain.

Sending you strength and prayers and positive thoughts.

*Please, eat! *
You need your physical strength to help get you through this challenging time! Getting sick or fainting or not being able to go to work will not be helpful to you!

Praying these prayers with you all. Thank you for your prayers. I am being encouraged by them.

When your wife married you she accepted your past (because she got the good as well as the bad), and has no right to reproach you for it, and you mustn’t apologise again - EVER, or attempt to make amends. It’s gone - and if your wife uses it against you you must put up a stone wall.

I will pray for you and your marriage.

Hail Mary, Full of Grace…

Jesus, I trust in you!

:yup:

Praying…

I’m praying for you and your wife.

O God of goodness and mercy, to Thy fatherly guidance we commend our family, our household and all our belongings. We commit all to Thy love and keeping; do Thou fill this house with Thy blessings even as Thou didst fill the holy House of Nazareth with Thy presence. Protect us and our house from all evils and misfortunes.
O Mary, Mother of grace and of mercy, defend us, reconcile us with Thy Son, commit us to His keeping, that so we may be made worthy of His promises.
Saint Joseph, foster-father of our Savior, guardian of His holy Mother, head of the Holy Family, intercede for us, bless us and defend our home at all times.
Amen

The Lord bless you, and keep you.
The Lord make his face to shine upon you, and be gracious unto you.
The Lord lift up his countenance upon you, and grant you peace.

Praying for your intentions.
I’m very sorry for what you are hoing through.
Hardships and situations such as yours can make us feel helpless and ruin our appetites, BUT there is a difference between prayfully fasting and starvation/self punishment. And as another poster mentioned, you need your physical strength etc. Not eating can also affect your mental functions as well.
Continue to pray ! God bless you!

Our Father who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy name. Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Praying for you and your wife.

Saint Michael, the archangel, defend us in battle, be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the devil, may God rebuke him, we humbly pray. And do you, O’ Prince of the Heavenly host, by the power of God thrust into Hell Satan and all the other evil spirits who prowl about the world for the ruin of souls.

Amen.

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.

Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread.

And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.

And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.

Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.

Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.

Amen.

For Help in Trials

Most holy apostle St. Jude, faithful servant and friend of Jesus, the name of the traitor who delivered your beloved Master into the hands of His enemies has caused you to be forgotten by many. But the Church honors and invokes you universally as the patron of hopeless cases–of things despaired of. Pray for me who feels so hopeless. Make use, I implore you, of that particular privilege accorded to you of bringing visible and speedy help where help is almost despaired of. Come to my assistance in this great need, that I may receive the consolations and succor of heaven in all my necessities, tribulations and sufferings, in particular (Cyril Of Canada and his wife), and that I may bless God with you and all the elect throughout eternity. I promise you, O Blessed St. Jude, to be ever mindful of this great favor, and I will never cease to honor you as my special and powerful patron, and to do all in my power to encourage devotion to you. Amen.

I pray for a restored relationship and
PEACE that surpasses understanding
for you.

Our Father, who is in heaven,
hallowed be your Name,
Your kingdom come,
Your will be done on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
and forgive us our trespasses as
we forgive those who trespass against us,
(Forgive us our debts as we forgive our debtors)
and lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.
Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace,
the Lord is w/ you,
blessed are you among women,
blessed is the fruit of your womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God,
pray for us sinners, now and at the
hour of our death.
Amen. X3

Marriage Counseling is not necessary a bad thing.
Here are the seven reasons to seek marriage counselling:
psychcentral.com/lib/7-reasons-to-seek-marriage-counseling/

Here is how to prevent your marriage from making you depressed:
psychologytoday.com/blog/resolution-not-conflict/201303/how-prevent-your-marriage-making-you-depressed

Wish you well, cheer up!

Come Holy Spirit, fill the hearts of Thy faithful, and kindle in them the fire of Your love. Send forth Your Spirit, and they shall be created, and You shall renew the face of the earth. Amen.

Praying.

Our Father,
Who art in heaven,
hallowed be Thy name;
Thy kingdom come;
Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread;
and forgive us our trespasses
as we forgive those who trespass against us;
and lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil. Amen.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.