Please Pray for my wife & me

Last night, my 36-year old stepson went off again, verbally abusing my wife & I. Please pray for us.

Thanks.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death.
Amen.

Praying hard.

Lord, I pray that this family can resolve their conflict soon by getting a good third party involved, like a holy parish priest. Maybe the priest can offer some words to the boy to help him vent his true feelings in a healthy and constructive way. I trust that the boy is good and is just having some issues that are effecting him. May he openly talk with his parents about why he feels he must speak in a verbally abusive way. May he come to see how bad he sounds and how he really should try and be respectful to his parents. May they be able to communicate to him how much it hurts them to hear him talk so badly and appeal to the heart of their son. Help this family, Lord. Help them be whole again. Maybe the boy is caught in a lifestyle that is filled with hatred and abuse and he responds the way he feels. Lord, take away anything that is making this family suffer. Help their son to be whole and happy and may he stop resorting to bad language with his parents. May they always be loving and caring and pray for their son every day. Amen.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death.
Amen.

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the Fruit Of Thy Womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

O holy Monica, by your burning tears and unceasing prayers you saved your son from eternal damnation. Obtain for us the grace ever to comprehend what is most conducive to the salvation of our children, so that we may effectively restrain them from sin and lead them by virtue and piety to Heaven! Amen.

Saint Monica, pray for us and for our children. Amen.

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
Amen

That’s very tough on you both, and a worry that at age 36, he’s still sometimes behaving like this.

Jesus please comfort this couple in their distress and concern and please help to make right in this young man’s life whatever makes him so unsettled and unhappy that he would behave thus. Please help him to become more loving and stable.

St Francis of Assisi please pray for the conversion of this young man, and for the blessing and peace of his mother and step-Dad

Blessed Monica, mother of St. Augustine, I give thanks to our Father in Heaven who looked with mercy upon your tears over your wayward son. His conversion and heroic sanctification were the fruit of your prayers. Dear St. Monica, we now ask you to pray with these parents of this one son that has wandered away from God. Pray also for the parents that, following your example, they may in the company of their children, one day enjoy the eternal vision of our Father in Heaven. Amen.* *

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
Amen

Sounds very scary. I hope this situation gets resolved peacefully…

In Christ,

Francesca

Jesus please comfort this couple in their distress and concern and please help to make right in this young man’s life whatever makes him so unsettled and unhappy that he would behave thus. Please help him to become more loving and stable.

St Francis of Assisi please pray for the conversion of this young man, and for the blessing and peace of his mother and step-Dad

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come,
Thy will be done, on earth, as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread;
Forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us.
Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit,
as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners now
and at the hour of our death. Amen

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.