Please Pray for Our Marriage

I humbly ask for your prayers for our marriage. A divorce is already in process and I cannot bear the pain for myself and our 3-year old daughter. I know I cannot ask God to change my husband's will but I do ask your prayers that God show him a path toward preserving our committment and working toward saving our marriage. I ask that God show my husband that path and that my husband has the courage and vision to follow it. I ask in prayer, in forgiveness, in sorrow, and in faith.

Please pray for me to have patience to listen to God's will and please pray for our precious little girl. I would gladly suffer this awful sorrow many times over, unbearable as it is, if I knew that it were in exchange for her not to suffer any of this pain and sadness. I would offer it up willingly. I cannot bear her heartache.

and I would gladly do whatever work there is toward saving this marriage or toward building peace in the decision to sever it.

in gratitude and faith

I will pray for you tonight.

You have been prayed for and will be prayed for again. God Bless you for having the courage to ask for prayers. I am also praying God will send you the right people to support you and your daughter through this trial.

Hail, Mary, full of grace! The Lord is with thee;
blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners
now and at the hour of our death.

Amen.

I am in a similar situation and know the pain and anxiety all to well. Especially the worry surrounding your daughter. My prayers are with you.

[quote="CShone, post:1, topic:247337"]
I humbly ask for your prayers for our marriage. A divorce is already in process and I cannot bear the pain for myself and our 3-year old daughter. I know I cannot ask God to change my husband's will but I do ask your prayers that God show him a path toward preserving our committment and working toward saving our marriage. I ask that God show my husband that path and that my husband has the courage and vision to follow it. I ask in prayer, in forgiveness, in sorrow, and in faith.

Please pray for me to have patience to listen to God's will and please pray for our precious little girl. I would gladly suffer this awful sorrow many times over, unbearable as it is, if I knew that it were in exchange for her not to suffer any of this pain and sadness. I would offer it up willingly. I cannot bear her heartache.

and I would gladly do whatever work there is toward saving this marriage or toward building peace in the decision to sever it.

in gratitude and faith

[/quote]

I will pray that your husband's heart will be broken by the suffering of Jesus and he will turn back toward you and your little girl.

Just did , the will of GOD be done.

Deeply grateful for your continued prayers. My husband remains unyielding as a stone and I continue to have to move through further divorce proceedings, all of which have the effect of further angering him. I am drawn and quartered by the deep pain for myself and our beautiful daughter. It is clearly the will of God to keep my marriage committment and yet, I cannot see a path to do so. I lean into God and pray for patience. I ask for your prayers for all of us.

In gratitude and faith.

[quote="CShone, post:8, topic:247337"]
Deeply grateful for your continued prayers. My husband remains unyielding as a stone and I continue to have to move through further divorce proceedings, all of which have the effect of further angering him. I am drawn and quartered by the deep pain for myself and our beautiful daughter. It is clearly the will of God to keep my marriage committment and yet, I cannot see a path to do so. I lean into God and pray for patience. I ask for your prayers for all of us.

In gratitude and faith.

[/quote]

My heart aches for you in this situation. You have my prayers.

I was confused by your previous comment though--are you the one initiating the divorce? You don't have to answer if you weren't looking for advice.

Be assured of my prayers in this most difficult time. I can only imagine the pain you must feel about the consequences a divorce would have on your little girl.

Please know that you are in my prayers for God's will to be done in all things necessary for you. Our Lord will help guide you as long as you remain with Him in your heart and prayers always. Please take care and know that you are never alone.

I cannot explain how much comfort there is in knowing there are people praying for us. Sometimes it seems as though these messages are the only tenderness in my days - when my daughter is not with me. So I thank you all more than you can know.

In a brief answer, it's true technically, I am the party who filed. To be brief, I filed as a response to the fact that he told me (in November) in clear and uncertain terms that he had already filed. I consulted an attorney and asked what to do about his filing and was advised to file to protect myself. When I filed I was under the impression my husband had already done so.

He had been insisting for months he was moving out. He'd been packing and removing things for some time. He had threatened to leave and take our child. It was awful. And a truly horrible environment for our daughter..

So, when I filed, I found out he had lied. He says he lied about it to try to make me see how important this was to him. It doesn't make much sense but I understand how pain and despair can work sometimes. I stated clearly that if he didn't want to be divorced I would remove the complaint and work to fix things. It's what I want. I have never WANTED a divorce. I filed under duress and in response to a lie.

And since then, no matter what I say or how I have begged for us not to do this all he says is even if I withdraw the complaint, he will refile. That will be worse since it will be even more staggeringly expensive (and I already have nothing) and cause further disruption for our beautiful daughter.

So I feel I cannot make the one gesture I deeply want - which is to withdraw the complaint - and jeopardize the little stability I have carved out for our daughter - unless my husband indicates he wants to stay married.

And all I get from him is bitterness and flat out refusal to reconsider anything. It is as though none of the beautiful and sacred reasons we were married and had a child together even exist for him. I know with God all things are possible and that in His perfect time, there will be some kind of resolution, but I struggle with deep sadness. It is so difficult to be patient when I cannot stand the idea that my daughter has to be missing one of her parents all the time. And I cannot stand the idea that my husband is missing so much of his own child's life. And to be honest, I cannot stand to miss both of them when he has her. It's bad enough to miss him when I have our daughter - but it's devastating to have to miss both of them.

I am not blameless in this situation but I am so willing to try to change it. It doesn't appear I have that opportunity in the context of my marriage.

Thus, the further we go w/divorce proceedings, the worse it gets. Everything we have to do is such that it further angers him and puts more distance between us and gives him the impression I want a divorce - which I DON'T.

And it has awful effects on me. I have to continue to enact these things which were all predicated on my own action in filing - which is utterly inauthentic to who I am and what I want. I am stuck, suffering, heartbroken, alone, and afraid. That about covers it.

Grateful for your listening. Grateful for my faith in God and that I know the comfort of prayers. Please keep us in your hearts.

Praying for you and you family.

God bless

jesus g

Please continue to pray for us. I feel as though every time it seems it cannot be worse or harder - it is. I ask you to join me in prayer for our little daughter & for my own strength to fight the crushing sorrow. Humbly & in faith & gratitude.

Please pray for us to have strength and self control as this horror continues. I continue to stumble & make the mistake of attempting to ask my husband to see reason & have compassion and of course he continues to be heartless and hurtful. I cannot bear that rejection& need to learn not to bring it onto myself . We head to court soon. Please pray for my strength to show love, to see love, and to find peace. Thank you.

In faith, fear, sorrow, and gratitude.

praying for you and your daughter.

Praying for you.

God bless

jesus g

Thank you for your prayers. I am alone this weekend as our daughter is with him and I am struggling. Please pray I find strength in God and find some peace.

I always find the most peace in front of Our Lord. Can you spend some time in adoration? It brings me great solace.

Thank you for your continued intentions. It's only a few hours until my daughter returns & I so look forward to her. My husband had agreed he would take her to mass & I pray he goes this morning & allows God to open his heart as He has done mine. I look forward to mass this morning too. Please pray I find a way to truly listen as well.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.