Please pray for protection from severe storms this week

Hey everyone. Here in the Midwestern United States there is the potential for severe thunderstorms with possible tornadoes on Wednesday and here in the Ohio River Valley on Thursday. I would like to ask that you would please pray for safety for all who may potentially be in danger due to these storms. Thank you.

Prayers offered. May God bless and keep you safe.

:gopray:

Pax Christi.

Praying. I know midwestern weather.

Pray, hope and don’t worry.

God bless.

Prayers for safety for those in the Midwest during this period of potential severe weather.
Mary.

Praying for you and for all of those who may be affected/in danger. Stay safe!

Praying for your intention as I pray through storms of another kind this week.

May the peace of Christ hold us both.

T

Hail Mary,
Full of grace,
The Lord is with Thee.
Blessed art Thou amongst women,
And blessed is the fruit of Thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
Pray for us sinners,
Now and at the hour of our death,
Amen

I am saying a prayer to Our Lady of the Snows for your protection. She will take care of all of you, her children.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.

Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.

Amen.

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.

Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread.

And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.

And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.

Amen.

Hail Mary, Full of Grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst women, and blest is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death.

Amen.

:crossrc:

Praying that the Lord may watch over and protect everyone in these areas.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death. Amen

Thank you everyone for your prayers. I greatly appreciate them.

That said, there is a 100% chance of precipitation tomorrow according to The Weather Channel. The Storm Prediction Center has all of Indiana under a Slight Risk of severe storms for Thursday and there is also a 30% probability of severe storms which is a little higher than usual. You can see that here:

spc.noaa.gov/products/outlook/day2otlk.html

Just hover over Probabilistic to see the 30% probability for Southern Indiana, Kentucky, Tennessee, and other areas.

Southern Illinois which is very close to here gets a TOR:CON value of 4 which is in the mid-range. If I understand it correctly, that means there’s a 40% chance of tornadoes. You can see The Weather Channel’s TOR:CON thing here:

weather.com/news/tornado-torcon-index

I also seen a National Weather Service thing on Facebook that stated that there could be one or two strong tornadoes for our area.

So yeah, I am pretty concerned. I am very terrified of tornadoes. I lived through a F4 Tornado in 1990. It did not touch my house but I did see the damage that it did to other parts of our town afterwards and I think I have a touch of PTSD from it. That’s why I will often post prayer requests when severe weather is expected because it makes me feel better to know others are praying.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.

Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.

Amen.

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.

Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread.

And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.

And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.

Amen.

Hi everyone. We’re under a Tornado Watch until 2 AM EST. :frowning:

I continue praying to O.L. of the Snows for you and for your Family. Don’t worry! She is a power-full intercessor! You are her children.

Thanks!

That said, we’re still under a Tornado Watch but our ultra-local channel (I call it ultra-local because it only covers 2 or 3 counties unlike the “big local” channels which cover the entire tri-state) are saying the severe threat is over with. :slight_smile:

Well everyone, the Tornado Watch has been cancelled and we didn’t even lose power here at my place! Praise God!

On a sadder note, there was a tornado in Kentucky. I don’t know if anyone was injured or killed from it though or even if it did much damage. It was confirmed on the ground by a spotter. I’ll let you all know in this thread if I find out about any deaths, injuries, or damage.

Well everyone, this storm did produce several weak tornadoes. One of the tornadoes which was in Ohio caused 8 injuries but no deaths. You can read this blog post for more information about the tornadoes:

ovwn.blogspot.com/

Yes! Praised be God forever! Thank you, Jesus! Thank you, Our Lady of the Snows for interceding!

I told you so :wink: Holly. You did not even lose power at your place! Our God continues doing miracles. [FONT=Arial]:clapping:[/FONT]

There were injuries, but it could have been worse if people had not prayed.

It has been my experience, that when He wants us to pray for a specific group of people, area, city or state, He will inspire His people to pray that way. I prayed extremely briefly for a man who came to my mind. At that moment something happened where he was and those who were with him died. He is perfectly well. I felt bad for the others, but I was only inspired to pray for him and had no idea what was going on where that man was. I did at that moment what Our Lord wanted.

I hope this helps you a tiny bit.

Enjoy your blessings!:thumbsup:

Praying hard.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.