Please pray for Raymond who has Multiple Disabilities & is in SEVERE PAIN

My Brothers & Sisters:

I met an older gentleman at my local RC parish who has multiple physical conditions which are causing him pain and limiting his life:

Completely fused and plated Cervical Vertebrae (All - C1-C7);
Completely fused and plated Lumbar Vertebrae (All - L1-L5);
Multiple Fused Thoracic Vertebrae;
Chronic & Severe Heart Problems requiring Open Heart Surgery & a Triple Bypass;
Severe Bilateral Carpal Tunnel Syndrome requiring Surgery on BOTH wrists; and
I don’t know what else.

Raymond takes some 32 pills a day, and that’s while refusing to take painkillers. You heard that right - NO PAINKILLERS but for OTC’s! and, I’m assuming he takes OTC’s! Either way, His Pain Level must be a true 10+ on a scale of 1-10. and, for all of that, his attitude is good, and he’s faithful and worships the Lord!

But, Raymond does need and has asked for our prayers. and, I will not deny that to a man who has as much courage as this man has. Therefore, Please pray that the Lord will miraculously heal Raymond from these physical conditions and relieve him of his pain. Please pray that the Lord will grant him deliverance from this continuous assault if it is His will.

and, If it isn’t the Lord’s will for Raymond to be healed, pray that the Lord will grant Raymond the grace to know why and for whom he is suffering. All him to KNOW that his suffering has a reason and that he is participating in Christ’s suffering for us…

Thank you.

Your Brother and Servant in Christ, Michael

:signofcross:

May Jesus’ healing hand be on this man and give him peace.

Hail Mary, Full of Grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst women, and Blessed is the Fruit of Thy Womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now, and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Lord God, look kindly and mercifully upon Your Faithful Servant, Raymond. Remind him, Lord Jesus, to offer up his sufferings in union with Yours, but, most of all, Lord, if it is Your Will, please relieve or eliminate the suffering of Raymond. Console him and those who care for him, Lord God, in his times of torment. Thank You for keeping him free from despair so far, Lord - lastly, continue to provide in him the virtue of hope. Through Jesus Christ, Our Lord, I pray. Amen.

Jesus have mercy on Raymond on his way for the cross and crucifixion. Have pity on him. Your suffering, though extreme, was over in a couple of days.
His goes on and on.
Please relieve his sufferings and embrace his heart.

Our God, please relieve the suffering of our brothers and sisters, in illness, mental anguish or confusion, relationship troubles, and sickness or death of loved ones. Please give them loving companionship and understanding, and practical help where possible.

Dearest God, in Your plan of salvation, You permit our sharing in the suffering that You bore for our sins…in order to awaken repentance…in reparation for anyone’s offences…or to sanctify through affliction.

Yet I entreat that sufferers may not endure an instant longer or of a degree more intense than needed. Where mine or another’s prayer and love can attain what is required, by calling upon the vast treasury of saints and martyrs, the intercession of angels, and Your own infinite merit—then Jesus I implore You to allow this.

You promise that no one will be burdened beyond endurance. Yet what extreme of sorrow can be endured beneath this limit! Pain is always relevant and a tormented moment may seem an eternity, as Jesus the supreme sufferer knows so well!

Therefore, except where Your purpose is endangered, spare us the cup of suffering and allow mine and others’ salvation be wrought through divine grace, in prayer, in humble trust and generous love rather through anguish.

Yet, not as we desire, but Your divine will be accomplished! If this is to be fulfilled through suffering—for how can we in our sinfulness hope to escape what You in Your innocence do not—then please grant us perseverance in our privileged sharing in Your sacrifice.

United with You let us trustingly give all, so that sanctified in You, our lives serve the highest purpose of divine will. Lead us, with peace and spiritual joy, to penetrate the mysteries of this redemptive suffering shared in Jesus, our God and brother!

Our God, I will keep them all in my prayers and Masses always. Help me to pray the best I can for them, and please multiply my small loaves and fishes of prayer for whoever needs them.

For Raymond

Reparation through suffering
God of all peoples, please receive from all ages the sufferings of the innocent and the contrite, in reparation for the sins of the guilty!
Behold—
the bereaved and the deserted…the hopeless and the despairing…the displaced and the poverty-stricken…the injured and the physically sick…the mentally and the emotionally ill…the retarded and the incapacitated…the frustrated and the afraid…the isolated and the elderly…the addicted, the imprisoned and the persecuted. Behold those young, to old, sinned against by injustice, misunderstanding, abuse and neglect…those whose hearts this world has broken…those crushed by remorse and racked by misery and sin…those with lives empty of purpose—
all persons with suffering within or with suffering imposed from an external source
!

Please receive their pain, grief and loneliness, their weariness, anxiety or desperation—in conjunction with the spiritual, mental and physical anguish of Your Son, as reparation for all the sins of humankind.

Our God, through Jesus, please bless and welcome the sufferers! Hold them gently in Your arms and comfort them. Heal them, claim them, and fill them with Your life and peace.

Please accept all the undirected suffering of those who do not know God. Receive this suffering in atonement for all offences against You and any person. Allow Your mercy, compassion and power to release humankind from bondage to sin, suffering, and death.
You grant me compassion to desire to bring their pain to Your redeeming grace.

Therefore, gather their tears, those fallen and those unshed. Draw them up into yourself through the sun of divine love, to purify them as a rain of mercy to fall upon the parched souls of humankind. Thus, we may grow in Your love and the earth may be filled with life and fruitfulness pleasing to Your divine purposes.

Our God, out of all the cries and moans and tears, hidden or revealed, from earth’s beginning, please hear our prayer. Joined as one with Your Son we all cry out—“My God, my God, why have You abandoned me?” Of those who torment and those who pass by uncaring and unseeing, we say—“Father, forgive them. They know not what they do and fail to do!”

With Him we then cry trustingly—“Father, into Your hands I commit my spirit!”
God, please listen to our prayer, in union with Your beloved Son whom You raised from death to everlasting glory and joy. In Him who bore all humankind’s sins, please receive all suffering, struggle and sorrow that sin has brought upon our race.

Anything separated from God is meaningless, but in God, all becomes renewed and holy. Please accept from Jesus’ hands the suffering of every person throughout time, held within His own redemptive suffering. This that the whole price of atonement is met, and harmony is restored to Creation in the eternal triumph of Your Kingdom.
Thank You, God of our redemption!

Praying for Raymond

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death
Amen.

Precious Lord, please touch Raymond and gently help him in Jesus’ name, Amen!
mlz

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death
Amen

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death.
Amen.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the Fruit of Thy Womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners,
now, and at the hour of our death. Amen

For Raymond

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death.
Amen

Praying for Raymond

Praying very hard for Raymond!

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the Fruit of Thy Womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

Hail Mary, full of grace
The Lord is with thee
Blessed art thou among women
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, mother of God
Pray for us sinners,
Now and at the hour of our death.
Amen

Praying for Raymond

God we ask that you heal Raymond of his sufferings and pains if it be Your will. Let his sufferings be an expiation of sins of others and Raymond’s, that through Your divine mercy You may give Raymond the pain relief he so desperately needs. Hold Raymond close to Your heart O Lord, that in the days to come he may know Your glory and power.And provide him peace in the days to come.
Amen

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.