Please pray for Rob - he is dying of alcoholism

I just got back from the hospital from visiting a friend I have not seen in over 15 years. I got word yesterday (you know how news like this gets around) that he was in the hospital and was given about 10 days to live. He has long had problems with drugs and alcohol, since we were teenagers. He is extremely jaundiced, his liver is totally shot. He has a perforated large intestine and is bleeding from his stomach. He may be moved to a nursing home soon, or perhaps hospice. His condition keeps changing from day to day. He’s been in the hospital for over a month now.

I’ve always had a soft spot in my heart for Rob, in spite of his problems.

He is Catholic, but I don’t ever recall him going to Mass. Please pray for him, and for his 17 year old daughter who has been by his bedside for days. (Please also pray for the daughter, she told me today that she is “Celtic Pagan” :frowning: )

So very sad to see a life wasted away like this.

Thank you all,

~Liza

Once cannot begin to know the difficulty this man is going through. MY deepest earnest prayer for him and his daughter are sent right now.

Our Father who are’t in heaven hallowed be thy name they kingdom come thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven give us this day our daily bread, and foregive us our tresspasses as we foregive those who tresspass agianst us. And lead us not in to temptation and deliver us from evil.

I will certainly pray for them both.

As ArchBishop Fulton Sheen said there is much power in suffering. I pray that he will remember and find comfort in his faith and that through that his daughter will find her way home.

Thank you both!- every little prayer is blessing to him.

~Liza

I will be praying the Chaplet of Divine Mercy for Rob.

Praying for your friend,if it is Gods will that he be healed.That his suffering be used for the glory of God,for the conversion of his daughter.:signofcross:

Praying… such a sad waste of the gift of life, but I pray that Rob will recognize Gods light and ask forgiveness. less him and his poor daughter.

Praying for Rob…he carries a heavy cross indeed.

Hello LizaAnne…I am so very sorry to hear your dreadful news concerning your friend. I can equate in some ways to what you are going through, as my step-mother died from liver cirrhosis and it was by no means a pleasant process. She too was Catholic, but had unfortunately fallen away from her faith.

I promise you, Rob and his daughter my prayers for the immediate future and longer term, and ask Our Lord to shine his mercy upon you all.

Oh thank you all, your comments bring tears to my eyes. :frowning: I will try to see him again this weekend. He was not conscious when I was there yesterday.

He is in a Catholic hospital and just yesterday morning someone from Pastoral Care came by to ask if he was Catholic, so hopefully the priest has been by to see him.

~Liza

Praying very hard for both of them. Hope that he will receive the Last Rites.

Very Sorry to hear this news. Will pray for him. May God bless you all in your time of need.

My Jesus pardon and mercy through the merits of thy holy wounds.

Jesus thank You for sending Lisaanne to Rob’s aid in prayer, and for her kindness in asking our prayers for him and his daughter. I know that this grace is promise of Your merciful love and welcome for them both.
Thank You, Jesus

I pray that in his suffering he will find comfort in God and find his way back to Him

hello

ccc

sssssss

ffffffffgf

dddddd

jjj

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.