Please pray for Ryan, my new boyfriend, that he'd convert to the Catholic Church and stop drinking on weekends

Hi everyone. Could you please pray for my new boyfriend, Ryan? He is also my ex-fiance. He is going to Mass with me tomorrow morning. :slight_smile: Please pray for his conversion to the Catholic Church. Please also pray that he would stop drinking on the weekends and that he’d be able to get annulments for his previous marriages.

Well, it looks like I can’t date him because he’s still married in the eyes of the Church. I did not realize this prior to telling him I’d be his girlfriend. I’ll have to tell him tomorrow that we can only be friends.

Lord please ensure that Holly chooses not what will only bring her mental anguish and unsettle her again and again. Please help her to find and choose what will bring her happiness and peace, what will promote her best interests and wellbeing, not bring her inner conflict. Help her to find Your loving will for her life.

Lord, You know why Ryan’s marriages have failed,
and how entrenched his drinking may be.
I ask Your healing and conversion for him.
Please help him to live Your will in his life.

I just read your second post, Holly
Heavenly Father, in the name of Jesus, please lead Holly to a boyfriend relationship that is uncomplicated, helpful, and healthy, with shared Catholic faith and good relationship skills, so that she at last finds peace and happiness.

Holly,

Probably the Church’s toughest teachings are about marriage. Since you indicated marriages (plural) Catholic teaching may halp you avoid the misery of a failed marriage. I pray for you to find a great guy to spend your life with.

Lord, please rescue Holly from the disaster upon which she is about to embark, and help her find a decent man who, while probably lacking Ryan’s “bad boy” appeal, will prove to be a loving and stable partner. Amen.

Ummm no offense but you do not know that I am about to embark upon a disaster and Ryan does not have a bad boy appeal to me.

TIMEOUT.

Holly, if any guy like you and he is not Catholic, then it is best to just look at yourself
like you are fly and he is trout… Because that is the just the Church doing what it does.

Land him yes, Date him No… You are just fishing Holly, that is all… Now Land his Behind
and go find someone who is already Catholic to date…

From what you said in your first post, it looks like your relationship was getting kinda hard. So he is just fish Holly… that is all, he is in love with you because the Church wants
him in love with you, you are his connection to his Salvation…

So act accordingly…

Holly your nothing but bait, that is all.

You are just Rapala lure for my Ambassaduer Rod and Reel.

Until you take care of the issue you can’t see, How much of that is the Church?? Then you won’t know if he is really in love with you are not… So that has to be taken care of first in any case. Because you can’t see what is driving him , if he is truly in love with you then that will be there after the conversion, but if it was me, having seen this more then a time or two, I would bring him into the Church and let him stay there awhile 1 or 2 years before I did anything… I am 36 , that is all,

Bless you Holly, my gut tells me that you are just lure for the Roman Catholic Church on this one… That is my honest opinion.

Benjamin

but,

I have seen two women mary their fish… I sure have… They caught them got them into
the Church and married them two fish’s… Sooo…

I honestly don’t understand what you’re saying Benjamin. Could you please explain? Sorry, I just don’t get the fish and bait analogy. :blush:

Hmmm, I can use that, You just keep that same mentality and use it to block his advances when he is supposed to be concentrating on becomming Catholic, I am going
to show you something. Lets see what he is about.

Bless you Holly,

Never mind anything that I have said Holly, I found your other post for the other boyfriend that had ended up in the mental institution over slitting his wrists…

Hmm, my advice has changed, DON’T DO ANYTHING!! You give yourself some space from both , you go to Church for awhile, and don’t date at all, is my advice…

Just wait for the next guy from those two… And give yourself a break from all that garbage.

Just stop… I had a gal slit her wrists on me, just stop for a moment, and take some YOU time… Like 4 months 6 months, who cares, dump all that **** and just concentrate on Church, the Lord will look for you a husband somewhere… Just wait…

Benjamin

Praying for the conversion of Ryan …

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Thanks everyone. Ryan ended up oversleeping and not going to Mass with me this morning. All well, I suspected that is what would happen. :frowning:

Our Father, Who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy name.
Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done, on earth as it as it is in heaven.
Give us this day, our daily bread and forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive
those who trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation, but
deliver us from evil.
Amen

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,and
blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and
at the hour of our death.
Amen

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit,
as it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be world without end.
Amen

There is such an issue there… I don’t know how many people I have seen start for this Church and not make it,

that is so sad… Praying

This Church is such a Challenge. it is

God Bless,
Benjamin

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.