Please pray for Simon who has just died

Brothers & Sisters:

Christ has Risen!

My neighbor Simon died on Thursday after suffering from Parkinson’s for 15 years, and being shuttled betwen hospitals and rehab for the past 2 months. He is survived by his wife, two sons, and at least one grandson.

He was a survivor of the Holocaust and a former member of the Palmach who fought in the Israeli War of Independence in 1948 and in the Elite Anti-Terrorism units after the war.

He and his wife Suzie met in 1950, married in 1951 an celebrated their 51st Wedding Anniversary just over a month ago.

Please pray for the soul of Simon and for his wife, Suzie, as she grieves for the lost of her husband.

Thank You.

Your Brother in Christ, Michael

Prayers for Simon’s soul.

I keep Simon in my prayer.

Lord, hear our prayer. :gopray:

Absolve, we beseech Thee, O Lord,
the soul of Thy servant Simon,
from every bond of sin,
that being raised in the glory of the resurrection,
he may be refreshed among the Saints and Elect.
Through Christ our Lord.

Amen.

Simon will be remembered in my Chaplet of Divine Mercy this afternoon!

I found this thread and tears came to my eyes.

“Precious in the sight of the LORD
is the death of his saints.” Psalm 116

And how precious in his sight must be this thread of pure love and support. I note that the original poster who sought our prayers is an Anglican. I’m so proud of folks who responded - not one word trying to show the error of Anglicanism. Just praying - as requested - and as appropriate, for Simon’s soul. (Let’s keep it that way:thumbsup: )

+Rest eternal grant unto him, O Lord. Let light perpetual shine upon him. May his soul rest in peace!

Into your hands, O merciful Savior, we commend your
servant Simon. Acknowledge, we humbly beseech you, a sheep of
your own fold, a lamb of your own flock, a sinner of your
own redeeming. Receive him into the arms of your mercy,
into the blessed rest of everlasting peace, and into the
glorious company of the saints in light. Amen.

Give rest, O Christ, to your servant with your saints,
where sorrow and pain are no more, neither sighing, but life everlasting.

You only are immortal, the creator and maker of mankind;
and we are mortal, formed of the earth, and to earth shall we
return. For so did you ordain when you created me, saying,
“You are dust, and to dust you shall return.” All of us go down
to the dust; yet even at the grave we make our song: “Alleluia! Alleluia! Alleluia!”

Eternal Memory!

Praying for Simon today.

he sounds like he was a great man. a man i would have liked to meet.

may his eternl soul find rest and solace after expiriencing so much grief and horror

God be with him!

Just prayed again for Simon.

To all who’ve replied:

Thank you. I’ll let Simon’s widow know just how loving and supportive your replies have been.

LilyM, Water, Evangel, Kell0618, CatholicSam, Servant1, Mommyof4, PassiveSquid & CatholicismRox:

This took too long for me to edit…

Thank you for your thoughtrul and prayerful replies. I’ll let Simon’s widow know just how loving and supportive your replies have been.

If you have some time, here is something some of the Orthodox borthers sent me after Terresa Schindler Schiavo died:

AKATHIST for the REPOSE of Those Who have FALLEN ASLEEP

KONTAKION 1

*O Thou Who by Thy inscrutable Providence didst prepare the world for eternal beatitude and Who appointest times and seasons and the manner of our end: Forgive, O Lord, those who have died in past ages all their sins, receive them into the realms of light and joy, hasten to open Thy Fatherly arms to them, and hear us who celebrate their memory and sing:

O Lord of unutterable Love, remember Thy servants who have fallen asleep.*

IKOS 3

*O Glad Light, Redeemer of the world, embracing the whole universe with Thy love: behold, Thy cry from the Cross for Thy enemies is heard: “Father, forgive them.” In the name of Thy all-forgiving love we make bold to pray to our Heavenly Father for the eternal repose of Thy enemies and ours. Forgive, O Lord, those who have shed innocent blood, those who have sown our path of life with sorrows, those who have waded to prosperity through the tears of their neighbors. Condemn not, O Lord, those who persecute us with slander and malice. Repay with mercy those whom we have wronged or offended through ignorance, and grant that our prayer for them may be holy through the sacrament of reconciliation.

O Lord of unutterable Love, remember Thy servants who have fallen asleep.*

KONTAKION 4

Save, O Lord, those who have died in grievous sufferings, those who were murdered, those buried alive, those who were drowned or burned, those who were torn by wild beasts, those who died of hunger or cold, from exposure in storms, or by falling from heights, and grant them all eternal joy for the sorrow of their death… May the time of their suffering be blessed as a day of redemption, for which they sing: ALLELUIA.

users.sisqtel.net/williams/akathist-repose.html

There’s a lot more at the link.

Servant1, I belong to something called the TAC which was formed from 2 groups of Continuing Anglicans who had left the Episcopal Church after PECUSA began ordaining women priestesses in 1976.

The TAC has been in negotiation with the Holy See to unite with the Catholic Church for the last 12 years. One proposal to speed up the process was scuttled because I posted it here, and some of our brothers weren’t nearly as charitable as the posters on this thread.

If you have some extra time after this, I would appreciate prayers for that as well.

I will pray for Simon and his family.

Eternal rest grant unto him, and let perpetual light shine upon him. May the soul of Simon and the souls of all the faithful departed in the mercy of God, rest in peace. Amen.

Our Father in Heaven
Holy be Your Name
Your Kingdom come
Your Will be done
On earth as it is in Heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread
And forgive us our sins
As we forgive those who sin against us
Do not bring us to the test
But deliver us from evil.
Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace!
The Lord is with you
Blessed are you among women
And Blessed is the fruit of your womb, Jesus.

Holy Mary, Mother of God
Pray for us sinners
Now and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Glory be to the Father,
And to the Son,
And to the Holy Spirit.

As it was in the beginning
Is now and ever shall be
World without end.
Amen.

Eternal rest grant unto him, O Lord,
And let perpetual light shine upon him.

May he rest in peace.
Amen.

May the souls of the faithfully departed, through the mercy of God, rest in peace.
Amen.

LORD Jesus
Have Mercy on ur Son

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

RIP

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.