Please pray for someone I led to sin and for me

Five years ago I had an affair with a married Catholic woman. i was/am married too. i was the person who convinced her that it was alright to have the affair. I rationalized away her apprehensions and fears. I argued that we loved each other and god would forgive us, I pointed to the boredom or our respective marriages then as justification for what was happenning to us.

We carried on the affair for 4 years. Then in 08, the Good Sheperd came looking for his lost sheep and he found me. I ended the affair abruptly and i left her behind, broken hearted. I did not think about what would happen to her.
I went for a sorrowful confession. i have tried to lead a life He would want me to since.

That was a year ago. Three weeks ago we re-connected. she tells me she has a boyfriend. I asked her to return to Christ and she said she was not ready, and that she was too involved to break it off with the other man, that she does not think that its wrong for the same reasons i had convinced her earlier that our affair would not be wrong.

Its my fault that she strayed and i cannot get her back. My confessor told me to leave her alone, and that the Good Shepperd will ger her back himself. I cannot help feeling responsible and I am so troubled that I have caused someone to sin.

Please pray that the Lord leads her back to Him. Please pray for her marriage. Please pray for my peace of mind.

Thank you.

[FONT=Verdana]“As by your will you first strayed away from God, so now turn back and search for Him ten times as hard...so will He rescue you and give you eternal joy.” [Baruch 4:21, 4:28]* “Take courage, my children, call on God: He will deliver you from tyranny, from the hands of your enemies.”* [Baruch 5:21] [/FONT]
“Have mercy on me, O God in Your goodness, *
*in Your great tenderness, wipe away my faults; *
*wash me clean of my guilt,

purify me from my sin.
For I am well aware of my faults, *
*I have my sin constantly in mind, *
*having sinned against none other than You, *
*having done what You regard as wrong.

You are just when You pass sentence on me, *
*blameless when You give judgement. *
*You know I was born guilty, *
*a sinner from the moment of conception.

Yet since You love sincerity of heart, *
*teach me the secrets of wisdom. *
*Purify me with hyssop until I am clean; *
*wash me until I am whiter than snow.

Instil some joy and gladness into me, *
*let the bones You have rushed rejoice again. *
*Hide Your face from me sins, *
*wipe out all my guilt.

**Be my saviour again, renew my joy, **
**keep my spirit steady and willing; **
**and I shall teach transgressors the way to You, **
and sinners will return.
Save me from death, God my saviour, *
*and my tongue will acclaim Your righteousness; *
*Lord, open my lips, *
*and my mouth will speak out Your praise.

Sacrifice gives You no pleasure, *
*were I to offer holocaust, You would not have it. *
*My sacrifice is this broken spirit, *
You will not scorn this crushed and broken heart.”** (Psalm 51)

May the Lord Bless you Trish.

The quotation comforted me. Please continue to pray to the Good Sheperd for her return. Please pray the Lord touch her heart and wipe out my sinful handiwork. I know my sins are forgiven in confession, but my heart remains heavy that i have let the Lord down. Pray for me.

Our Father, Who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy name.
Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done, on earth as it as it is in heaven.
Give us this day, our daily bread and forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive
those who trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation, but
deliver us from evil.
Amen

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,and
blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and
at the hour of our death.
Amen

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit,
as it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be world without end.
Amen

Praying for you and that women ...

Hail Mary
Full of grace
the Lord is with thee
Blessed art thou among women
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb
Jesus
Holy Mary
Mother of God
pray for us sinner now
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

I’m sorry to hear this. It’s not solely your fault, by the way, that she cheated on her husband…she is responsible for her own actions. If she still is behaving like this, again–her free will. Something is going on internally with her, that she needs to find men to fill it with. A God-shaped hole that only God can fill. I will pray that she finds what is wrong in her life, and turns it over to God…and clings to Christ. May she turn away and repent of sin…and wish to follow the Lord. :gopray: I also pray that you don’t beat yourself up over what happened…part of healing, is forgiving ourselves for the pain we have caused. Learn to forgive yourself in all of this, also. :o :hug1: God bless!

Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary,
that never was it known
that any one who fled to your protection,
implored your help or sought your intercession,
was left unaided.
Inspired with this confidence, I fly unto you,
O Virgin of virgins, my Mother.
To you I come, before you I stand,
sinful and sorrowful;
O Mother of the Word Incarnate,
despise not my petitions, but in your mercy
hear and answer me. Amen.

Praying hard

deliver us from evil.
Amen

Amen

Amen

Lord, I pray for these three intentions. Please lead nosadl’s friend back to the fold and help reconcile her with her husband. Please help nosadl to pray for his friend and hope for her return to You without worrying anymore - simply because worrying won’t bring her back to You - just his prayers and confidence in You working in her life the same way You did in his will. May nosadl find his peace in praying for her soul and in hoping that his persistent prayers will be answered by You, who answers our heartfelt and persistent prayers for conversions. Thank you, Lord, for hearing my prayer.

Nosadl,

Your friend will be in my daily prayer. Please remember to: pray, hope and don’t worry. Those words come directly from the wise and holy St. Pio of Pietrelcina who knows exactly what he’s talking about. Really, worry serves us nothing; it just uses energy that can be used for prayer and for trust in God. Peace!

I am praying for your intentions.

[quote="nosadl, post:3, topic:177288"]
May the Lord Bless you Trish.

The quotation comforted me. Please continue to pray to the Good Sheperd for her return. Please pray the Lord touch her heart and wipe out my sinful handiwork. I know my sins are forgiven in confession, but my heart remains heavy that i have let the Lord down. Pray for me.

[/quote]

I feel quite sure that, having called you back to Himself, the Lord who loves you and her, will use your prayers and longing to bring her back. It was you who drew her away, and in His love for you, He will allow your prayers to obtain that blessing.

Consequences are often the most painful thing; and anyone who has caused a car crash by drink or drug driving, will endlessly mourn any lives maimed or lost through their action. Some of the consequences of the adultery also, can't be undone...but here the concern is for souls. I imagine that you pray much for the sinned-against partners...and all they must have suffered, the consequences in their lives, and their families... as they also need your prayers? I'm not trying to make you sadder, just to remind you if you haven't begun, to pray for them too.
It's not for you to be sad, but to be hopeful, because God has placed you in a position where even if no one else is praying for these people, you can! It may mean their salvation too! This is a gift, not a punishment, dear brother!

So please don't punish yourself with the misery of what you did and caused wrong, be joyful that God has chosen to give you the means to devote yourself for praying for this woman and all involved. This is an eternal gift which will light up your heaven and theirs, that God is offering you through your conversion and your dedication of your life to prayer for others' salvation..

“All the works of the Lord are good, and He will supply every want in due time. You must not say, ’This is worse than that’, for everything will prove its value in its time. So now, sing with all your heart and voice, and bless the name of the Lord!” [Ecclesiasticus 39:33-35]

“As by your will you first strayed away from God, so now turn back and search for Him ten times as hard...so will He rescue you and give you eternal joy.” [Baruch 4:21, 4:28]* “Take courage, my children, call on God: He will deliver you from tyranny, from the hands of your enemies.”* [Baruch 5:21]

*“With great love I will take you back...for a moment I hid my face from you. But with everlasting love I have taken pity on you’ says God, your redeemer.” *[Isaiah 54:7-8]

Thank you all my Catholic brothers and sisters. I am so proud to be a member of the community. You have given me strength and comforted me. I shall trust in God to lead her home. May the Lord bless all of you and keep you safe in his gentle arms.

Continued prayers

deliver us from evil.
Amen

Amen

Amen

I, too, have led people to sin and turn away from God. All we can do is hope and pray that God will bring us, and those whom we have led into sin, to conversion.

One poster had used a great quote from St. Padre Pio of Pietrelcina: "Pray, hope, and don't worry." When we pray and have hope in God to bring about conversion, He will deliver on His promises. May God continue our respective conversions and use us as instruments of prayer to bring back the lost sheep of His flock.

God bless you.

Praying for you and this woman and her husband...

Our Father, Who art in Heaven, hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come, Thy Will be done, on earth as it as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day, our daily bread and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive
those who trespass against us. Lead us not into temptation, but
deliver us from evil.
Amen

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with Thee.
Blessed art Thou among women,and
blessed is the fruit of Thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us now, and
Amen

Glory be to the Father, to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit.
As it was in the beginning, as is and ever shall be, world without end.

Praying for both of you.

Praying for you and this poor women that is searching for happiness outside of God's plan. I love the picture of Christ as the Good Sheperd. That is you around His neck as He is gathering His sheep home.

Our Father, Who art in Heaven, hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come, Thy Will be done, on earth as it as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day, our daily bread and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive
those who trespass against us. Lead us not into temptation, but
deliver us from evil.
Amen

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with Thee.
Blessed art Thou among women,and
blessed is the fruit of Thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us now, and
Amen

Glory be to the Father, to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit.
As it was in the beginning, as is and ever shall be, world without end.

Thank you all for your continued prayers.Please continue to pray for us both. she is dear to me and i do not want her to be lost because of my evil handiwork. Please pray for me that i may remain strong and in God's care, guidance and love always.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.